The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   What literally happens to Trump now? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120927)

Aerovette 12-18-2019 12:11pm

What literally happens to Trump now?

The House impeaches, it goes to Senate and gets tossed. What does this mean? Is it just an asterisk in the history books or does it limit his power and ability beyond the current limiting by the Liberal Contrarian Party?

snide 12-18-2019 3:58pm

What happened when Klinton was impeached? Business as usual. :shrug:

Anjdog2003 12-18-2019 9:18pm

It's called a 4 year Democratic circle jerk. When he wins in 2020 they can impeach him again.

Dan Dlabay 12-19-2019 5:02am

It will be up to the American people to send a strong message to the democratic party in 2020. President Trump will prevail over those losers.

Trump 2020

Aerovette 12-19-2019 11:10am

I think Piglosi is going to hold the articles of impeachment until after the election.

Mick 12-19-2019 4:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1697668)
I think Piglosi is going to hold the articles of impeachment until after the election.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking. They will bitch that the "procedure" laid out in the Senate is "unfair", and just keep holding the articles out like it is hanging over Trump's head or something. Maybe they think they can take back the Senate next November and actually have a chance to remove Trump if he wins the election.

JRD77VET 12-19-2019 8:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1697917)
That's pretty much what I'm thinking. They will bitch that the "procedure" laid out in the Senate is "unfair", and just keep holding the articles out like it is hanging over Trump's head or something. Maybe they think they can take back the Senate next November and actually have a chance to remove Trump if he wins the election.

With the weak "facts" the dems used to impeach, they will be lucky if they retain control of the house.

A lot of folks are tired of the lies and the support for the witchhunt is fading fast.

Broken Wind 12-20-2019 5:18am

1 Attachment(s)

6spdC6 12-20-2019 7:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1698049)
With the weak "facts" the dems used to impeach, they will be lucky if they retain control of the house.

A lot of folks are tired of the lies and the support for the witchhunt is fading fast.

I do not know but to me it looks like the normally dumb democrat rank and file are in tune with this kangaroo court the house is running!

Aerovette 12-20-2019 10:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6spdC6 (Post 1698292)
I do not know but to me it looks like the normally dumb democrat rank and file are in tune with this kangaroo court the house is running!

I agree. We are listening to our peers perspectives and then the general populace is done with the mess, but the sky screamers are so "all in" that they are only more quiet because they are celebrating "mission accomplished" and figuring out what the next slice is that they'll hack off.

Pence should be very aware that he is only marginally out of the target area.

Can you just IMAGINE Pigliosi becoming POTUS ? :willy:

Norm 12-20-2019 10:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1698270)

I've been seeing that meme in quite a few threads and posts around the sites, I do not recall the origin and meaning of the picture itself, can someone shed some light.
Thanks.

Aerovette 12-20-2019 11:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1698395)
I've been seeing that meme in quite a few threads and posts around the sites, I do not recall the origin and meaning of the picture itself, can someone shed some light.
Thanks.

Being impeached does not end your presidency

Bill 12-20-2019 1:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1698480)
Being impeached does not end your presidency

I think he meant more generally, the screaming woman and the cat. I don't know the origins of it, but it's very funny, and this iteration of it was absolutely dead on.

Aerovette 12-20-2019 1:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1698395)
Thanks.

Backstory

https://www.businessinsider.com/woma...smudge-2019-12

JRD77VET 12-20-2019 8:29pm

Actually President Trump isn't "impeached" until the House delivers the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

With nutsy pelosi sitting on the papers, President Trump is still NOT impeached.

Aerovette 12-20-2019 11:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1698883)
Actually President Trump isn't "impeached" until the House delivers the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

With nutsy pelosi sitting on the papers, President Trump is still NOT impeached.

There is significant debate about this. I don't think that technicality negates the impeachment. The house has SOLE control over the impeachment. It does not rely on any interaction with the senate to be impeached. The impeachment TRIAL is owned by the Senate.

I want it to be true that he is not, but I think he is by my reading. Rush agrees with you. :seasix:

Broken Wind 12-21-2019 9:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1699010)
There is significant debate about this. I don't think that technicality negates the impeachment. The house has SOLE control over the impeachment. It does not rely on any interaction with the senate to be impeached. The impeachment TRIAL is owned by the Senate.

I want it to be true that he is not, but I think he is by my reading. Rush agrees with you. :seasix:

I don’t think it really matters in the court of public opinion. Clinton was impeached and the only time it comes up is when someone is talking about the current circus. 30 years from now, it will most likely be seen as the self-inflicted wound that killed the Democratic Party more so than a president’s disgraceful end.

Anjdog2003 12-21-2019 12:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1698386)
Can you just IMAGINE Pigliosi, Sanders, Biden, or Brown becoming POTUS ? :willy:

fixt

Aerovette 12-21-2019 1:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1699085)
I don’t think it really matters in the court of public opinion. Clinton was impeached and the only time it comes up is when someone is talking about the current circus. 30 years from now, it will most likely be seen as the self-inflicted wound that killed the Democratic Party more so than a president’s disgraceful end.

It would appear, by recent opinion, that Clinton was not impeached.

Clinton’s Senate impeachment trial, which did not end in a conviction, lasted five weeks. Halfway through the proceedings, a Democratic senator sympathetic to Clinton introduced a motion to dismiss, which was voted down.

JRD77VET 12-21-2019 8:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1699010)

Nutsy Nancy is trying to control the Senate and HER JOB IS DONE. It doesn't matter what she wants as she only is Speaker of the House.

Schumer is trying to twist the Senate around to give more single sided views ( not called testimony for a reason ) and has the gall to say it's "not fair" his ideas are being ignored.

Fair would have started with a balanced approach in the House which did NOT happen or even a glimmer of equal treatment.

The shoe is on the other foot now and it will end badly for the demoncrats.