The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Supervettes LLC - Beware (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50178)

Aerovette 04-15-2013 12:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 929219)
Yea, I had a bit of an issue with Performance Corvettes getting my ZR1 spoiler. They didn't send any mounting hardware. I got a sob story about family issues being the reason. If it's true-I feel for you-but either don't send it out until it's complete or just say-oops! It's on its way ! Sorry about that !.

My reply to this kind of response....

Don't make YOUR probelms, MY problem.

The maximum allowable limit of truth and fact "over there" is set at a threshold of 75%. The remaining 25% is reserved for favoritism and bias.

You obviously exceeded the amount of "fact" and must be punished.

Mike Mercury 04-15-2013 12:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 929282)
I don't see a post from today other than the vendor's post.
:shrugs:

My reply just got deleted.

The_Dude 04-15-2013 12:21pm

The quoted posts are 3 months old. I just replied as well. We'll see how long it lasts.

RedLS1GTO 04-15-2013 12:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 929377)

I saw that... funny how things work over there. :rolleyes:

Will 04-15-2013 12:44pm

I typed out a lengthy reply, but I'll give the mods the opportunity to rectify. Reported his post, and stated that I believe he should be reprimanded for it and should ANSWER the question posed, which was a pretty simple one. If it's an above-board operation, the answer should be just as simple.

If no action is taken, then I'll post my reply. I don't care if it's 3 months old, I'm going to stick up for a fellow member if the mods don't. Unacceptable behavior from a vendor.

I did my part to be responsible and leave the policing up to the mods. If I post on the thread it will be because they failed to do their job.

This is what I'll post if I have to:

Quote:

Unacceptable behavior.

Apologies to forums user "nvusgt." All forum members are deserving of respect, whether they have Red, White, and Blue stars and thousands of posts, or just a few hundred posts. Whether they drive a $100,000+ ZR1 or a 2001 C5 Z06. All forum members have a right to participate in any thread, and all forum members have a right to ask any vendor to shed some light on a product hold-up, even members who aren't the ones who have paid for yet-to-be-completed and delivered goods.

If the product ultimately proves to be manufactured correctly and of high quality, then it certainly looks like it could be great based on the renderings. However based on the above response, potential customers might wonder if the service accompanying the product will be of quality. If there is one thing the long-standing forum vendors with stellar reputations and years of success all have in common (as opposed to those who have come and gone and burnt people in the process), it is their class and integrity. They've answered thousands of questions over the years, answered the tough questions as politely as the soft-balls, and treated all-comers with respect, whether they ultimately spent money with the vendor or not, whether they were likely to or not.

The above response to "nvusgt" wasn't cute or witty. We can all read between the lines, and we can all translate it for what it is - belittling and disparaging a fellow forum user and telling him/her to eat fecal matter.

You could have simply answered the question honestly instead of browbeating the questioner.

C5Nate 04-15-2013 1:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 929209)
So much thinly veiled smug in one post. Cute little way of basically telling the poor guy he's worthless sub-human scum and should eat shit. I've been called all sorts of vile, nasty, vulgar things over there in PR&C but it doesn't really make me mad. This douche-bag johnny-come-lately vendor shitting all over this guy pisses me off.

Should I respond in the thread??? :issues:

Got a similar Dear John response from Corvettes of Houston over there.

Savewave closed the thread as soon as they got their retort in.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/tran...f-houston.html

...Whitepower... 04-15-2013 1:10pm

1st post since sept of 12.

Probably won't last.

http://i49.tinypic.com/29gelcn.jpg

Joecooool 04-15-2013 1:11pm

Why do you even bother going over there anymore?

...Whitepower... 04-15-2013 1:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joecooool (Post 929418)

:iagree:

C5SilverBullet 04-15-2013 1:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joecooool (Post 929418)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ...Whitepower... (Post 929420)
:iagree:

:withstupid:

boracayjohnny 04-15-2013 1:49pm

We've all beat this horse, going to CFOT, plenty of times before. It is what it is and it's not going to change anytime soon. With that said, I still go over there but I'm far from a regular poster that I once was. Will I continue to visit? Yes but I don't keep up with anything on a regular basis unless it's CFB and the few posters I like. The admin(s) and mods already have the history of what I expect them to do. That history is not impressive at all. Therefore, I sure hope they don't expect me to piss on them or CFOT if I notice a fire.

The_Dude 04-15-2013 2:58pm

savewave busted me for posting the quote on OT. I don't know what the consequences will be yet.

C5SilverBullet 04-15-2013 4:45pm

Quote:

PS - If you want a "polite" answer, "politely" ask your question. Simple
What a f'king asshole.

Will 04-15-2013 5:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet (Post 929663)
What a f'king asshole.

Pretty much.

The_Dude 04-15-2013 7:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ...Whitepower... (Post 929415)
1st post since sept of 12.

Probably won't last.

It didn't.

MARTYBROWNZ51 04-16-2013 12:53pm

You sound like a little girl with nothing better to do with your time. Don't like the way they answered another members rude question? Get a life you envious little girl. :dance:

The_Dude 04-16-2013 12:57pm

You sure told us.

justlookin 04-16-2013 1:02pm

MARTYBROWNZ51 has not made any friends yet

...Whitepower... 04-16-2013 1:28pm

I hope this doesn't go down like the Hennessey ordeal w/ preorders deposits having been paid with nothing to show for it.

Not my problem though. It'll soon be savewaves if i had to guess.

island14 04-16-2013 1:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 929377)

What did you say? :island14: