The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Who has a TV in their garage? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8659)

Munch 02-19-2011 7:41pm

Who has a TV in their garage?

I don't need a TV in my garage and I honestly doubt I'd watch a TV in my garage as I normally have the Pandora blasting if I'm working on the Vette, however there is a part of me that really wants to hang a flat screen on the wall in the garage. I think it's because my BiL has one and so does the kid down the street from me.

I guess i could use a TV as a monitor for my computer but the computer I have out there wont drive a TV so I'd need to build a new PC. :sigh:

Oh yeah, you got a TV in your garage?

lspencer534 02-19-2011 7:55pm

Yep, but it's not a big flat-screen, just a 15" sitting on a counter. But it's hooked up to cable, and I find it nice to have on. I rarely watch TV just for TV, meaning I like to be doing something else while the TV is on but I can stop doing the "something else" to catch what I'm really interested in. It's just good to have it out there.

Blademaker 02-19-2011 7:57pm

No.
Too much of a distraction.
That, and the fact that I despise television in general.

Sea Six 02-19-2011 7:58pm

No, but I've thought about it a time or two.

Occasionally I find myself in my garage. I have an extra TV in my workout room, but hell... let's face it... I'm NEVER in there.

Although I should be.

Lrod 02-19-2011 8:06pm

Nice lookin pup, what kind is it?.......................oh, no tv although I will consider one if the price is right.

ChasC5 02-19-2011 8:30pm

Guilty :lol:

zsr22 02-19-2011 8:32pm

I thought about picking up a small flat screen to use as a TV and to hook up a spare computer I have laying around. Sure would be nice to have in the garage when looking up part diagrams and other useful info.

LATB 02-19-2011 8:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blademaker (Post 153357)
No.
Too much of a distraction.
That, and the fact that I despise television in general .

:iagree:

16again 02-19-2011 8:34pm

DirecTV on a small flat screen above my tool box.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ng/photo23.jpg

JRD77VET 02-19-2011 8:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsr22 (Post 153444)
I thought about picking up a small flat screen to use as a TV and to hook up a spare computer I have laying around. Sure would be nice to have in the garage when looking up part diagrams and other useful info.

I ran CAT5 cable in the basement ( single car drive garage on the end ) so I had internet access at my motorcycle work area.

I moved my laptop down there. I don't watch too much TV anyway

zsr22 02-19-2011 9:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 153470)
I ran CAT5 cable in the basement ( single car drive garage on the end ) so I had internet access at my motorcycle work area.

I moved my laptop down there. I don't watch too much TV anyway

Do you use it a lot?

khblair 02-19-2011 9:07pm

AT my previous home i did. i preferred music over tv tho when working on the car

Poog 02-19-2011 9:09pm

Nope.

Jeff '79 02-19-2011 9:11pm

I have cable wired into the barn, for parties, and if I feel like having a TV out there, but I don't keep one out there.

Rapid Roger 02-19-2011 9:12pm

In addition to my 25yr old stereo system I have a small TV so I can watch NASCAR if I'm working on something on a Sunday.........:)

Utah997 02-19-2011 9:14pm

I do.. I rarely watch it. But I'll usually just turn it on to have some background noise...

JRD77VET 02-19-2011 9:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsr22 (Post 153485)
Do you use it a lot?

Fairly often ( couple times a week ). I mainly have it there to verify cables and wiring. It's alot easier to turn around that do a couple flights of stairs to check something out.

I guess I could watch TV on it, since i use Comcast as my ISP, I have XFINITY which has TV on demand.

MEANZ06 02-19-2011 9:17pm

yep., i do. the garage is the mancave. im posting from there now :seeya:

Uncle Pervey 02-19-2011 9:21pm

I have one in my garage.... it's there because I can't find a place to dump it! :D It is a 25 inch tube tv about 15 years old. It still works, but it is strictly analog only.
About 6 months ago the community had recycling day on a Saturday morning, so Friday nite I loaded the tv into the truck. During the night it poured down rain, the next morning it was still raining, in fact flooding. I drove over to the place and they had canceled the event because of rain. :banghead:
I drove back home and left it in the bed for a couple more days. Then finally I moved back into the garage. It drained water for a week. About 3 months later my wife plugged it in and turned it on. It came on, of course it was just static and snow, so I drug a coax connection to it and turned back on. It worked great, I even have the remote for it. I think I will just sit in on the curb with a sign and say, Free works! :leaving:

JRD77VET 02-19-2011 9:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Pervey (Post 153517)
..snip......... I think I will just sit in on the curb with a sign and say, Free works! :leaving:

NO NO NO

Nobody takes anything for free. Put it out by the curb with a sign that says
Works great-- First $25 takes it

"Forget" to bring it in and it'll be gone by morning :thumbs: