The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   His mother should have swallowed him. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123975)

Defib1961 10-31-2020 9:49pm

His mother should have swallowed him.

:omg::omg::omg:

I wouldn't have lived long enough for the police to get there.

Aerovette 10-31-2020 10:29pm

We had a kid EXACTLY like that in my neighborhood when I was a kid. Rocks and all. About the same age too. He was dead by 18. Stabbed at a party. Shit gets real when you get older.

Broken Wind 11-01-2020 4:44am

There is a 150% chance that kid is abused at home.

snide 11-01-2020 7:10am

Typical liberal. Crying like a bitch when caught.

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-01-2020 7:13am

Now that’s some solid parenting right there. That little asshole’s fate is sealed.

Bill 11-01-2020 7:48am

The sad thing is how long that meltdown had to go on before somebody stepped in and actually stopped the kid from destroying the neighborhood. Note the big guy watched his car get repeatedly vandalized before he finally stepped in and stopped it. No one wanted to touch the kid, because they know if you touch a kid, even one openly vandalizing shit, you stand a very good chance of getting arrested yourself. Kid knew he was untouchable, which is why he was able to act out like that.

See how surprised the kid was when the guy took him down and then the police hauled him off? That's not how it's supposed to go. The kid really believed he could do whatever he wanted to, and no adult could touch him.

Edit: Looks like maybe the big guy was a neighbor, not the car owner, which makes it even more unusual that he would put his own butt on the line. He could easily have gotten arrested for touching the kid if he had gotten the wrong cop/department.

Datawiz 11-01-2020 12:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1818363)

There is a 300% chance that he's already voted for Biden 294 times.

The_Dude 11-01-2020 1:35pm

Who was filming that?

Defib1961 11-01-2020 2:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1818443)
Who was filming that?

Probably the kid that dared him to do it.

DJ_Critterus 11-01-2020 3:23pm

That kid’s parents need to have their asses beaten and arrested, too.

simpleman68 11-02-2020 9:09am

Quote:

Almost for certain. I'd also add that he may also be afflicted with any one of a variety of behavior disorders.

Kids at that age aren't aggressive and defiant for no reason unless they are early onset schizophrenia.
Scott

Strats-N-Vettes 11-02-2020 9:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1818621)
Almost for certain. I'd also add that he may also be afflicted with any one of a variety of behavior disorders.

Kids at that age aren't aggressive and defiant for no reason

unless they are early onset schizophrenia.
Scott

There's also the teaching of morals, manners, respect, and values at home that is most probably non-existent at an earlier age.

simpleman68 11-02-2020 9:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1818626)
There's also the teaching of morals, manners, respect, and values at home that is most probably non-existent at an earlier age.

Agreed completely. I should clarify; many kids are inherently defiant/aggressive.
Nature of the beast. I meant displaying that amount of aggression/defiance is not normal.

Either way the parent is responsible, either for causing it, or needing to get him help.
Easy to sit back and guess from a chair but none here really know the truth.
That kid may have an alcoholic parent that whips his ass at home. Or he is completely neglected.

I spent 15 years dealing with troubled teens in NY. Many of them had very dysfunctional families but not all.
Out of 2000+ kids I worked with, I'd guess about 5% came from good families but had organic/mental issues at fault.

Raising my 4 kids (2 boys/2 girls) with respect and values. They refer to adults as Mr. or Mrs. and are very respectful.

They have also been loved and held just as much as we come down on them for "the rules".
Scott

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-02-2020 10:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1818631)
I spent 15 years dealing with troubled teens in NY.

That would be exceedingly difficult. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I don't have the temperament for it.

Iron Chef 11-02-2020 5:42pm

Jesus...I knew Comanche was a rough town, but I had no idea... :leaving:

ratflinger 11-02-2020 9:09pm

Quote:

There is a 150% chance that kid should be abused at home.

Fixed it!

Rikki Z-06 11-02-2020 9:23pm

Quote:

Agreed completely. I should clarify; many kids are inherently defiant/aggressive.
Nature of the beast. I meant displaying that amount of aggression/defiance is not normal.

Either way the parent is responsible, either for causing it, or needing to get him help.
That kid may have an alcoholic parent that whips his ass at home. Or he is completely neglected.

I spent 15 years dealing with troubled teens in NY. Many of them had very dysfunctional families but not all.
Out of 2000+ kids I worked with, I'd guess about 5% came from good families but had organic/mental issues at fault.

Raising my 4 kids (2 boys/2 girls) with respect and values. They refer to adults as Mr. or Mrs. and are very respectful.

They have also been loved and held just as much as we come down on them for "the rules".
Scott

:angel:

Good on you Scott. :yesnod:

Sometimes we all need a push in the right direction. :cert:

Rob 11-03-2020 6:06am

Quote:

Scott

:iagree:

We call it the magic words

please, thank you, yes sir, no sir, yes mam, no mam, no thank you.

It makes me sad when people are shocked when my children use these words, where I grew up these were normal manners used by every kid

snide 11-03-2020 7:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1818909)
:iagree:

We call it the magic words

please, thank you, yes sir, no sir, yes mam, no mam, no thank you.

It makes me sad when people are shocked when my children use these words, where I grew up these were normal manners used by every kid

And if you didn't use those words, you got a backhand. I've tried to instill manners in my boys. However, with my younger son, his mother doesn't believe in manners, she's offended by manners. :rolleyes: But, he does use his manners when he is with me. :yesnod:

Strats-N-Vettes 11-03-2020 7:53am

Quote:

I'd guess about 5% came from good families but had organic/mental issues at fault.

I'd say globally 2-5% is pretty accurate.

This defiance is more common now, adults are weaker, and the internet allows kids to see other kids being defiant.
Kids learn to report parents for being "strict" that in their minds is "abuse", then CPS or schools get involved and side with the children, and the kids know it.:yesnod:

And except for the 2 to 5% mentioned above; this is a learned behavior.