The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Next week will be my last in JC. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119909)

Datawiz 07-30-2019 4:54pm

Next week will be my last in JC.

Finally....

Got great exit reviews, but the well has dried up on how I can contribute. Happy to have contributed what I did, but certainly ready to move on.

Next Thursday night will be 98 nights with Hilton this year. I either move on to my next project quickly, or possibly something even more interesting and lucrative. :leaving: Stay tuned.

Jeff '79 07-30-2019 5:36pm

:ball:

dwjz06 07-30-2019 5:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1679352)
Finally....

Got great exit reviews, but the well has dried up on how I can contribute. Happy to have contributed what I did, but certainly ready to move on.

Next Thursday night will be 98 nights with Hilton this year. I either move on to my next project quickly, or possibly something even more interesting and lucrative. :leaving: Stay tuned.

Good luck on the next project Craig.:cert:

mrvette 07-30-2019 6:22pm

I musta mist or something, but what were you doing that you away from home for so long?? obviously something computer,.....but curious about the job and watt it entailed.....

Datawiz 07-30-2019 6:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1679361)
I musta mist or something, but what were you doing that you away from home for so long?? obviously something computer,.....but curious about the job and watt it entailed.....

Yes Gene, you did miss a lot. I've been on a high profile project since last September. I traveled basically 2 weeks a month to Jersey City (and St. Louis and Omaha) over the past year. Made some nice friends at the hotel in JC and got some great customer service.

That comes to and end next week. I may finally get some peace and quiet and not have to travel so much. I'll either get assigned to another big project, which has already been indicated to me who it is, or I explore something new, and even more lucrative. Travel with that one would be to Atlanta, and we all know why I'd enjoy that. :yesnod:

mrvette 07-31-2019 1:52am

If you can't say, that's cool, was just curious as to nature of your work, as it forces you to stick it out in some motel for extended periods of time.....I could understand if you building/installing unique stuff for high level security/etc....

but anything else is something that could be done by remote control...no??

at any rate, if it's top level shit, I"m jealous, would have loved to be involved in that, a good mental/interesting challenge, keep brain occupied.....

and if it's .mil related, having the chance to play with the BEST toys.....

snide 07-31-2019 7:24am

Congrats on the successful completion of your project! :thumbs::thumbs:

:cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1679409)
If you can't say, that's cool, was just curious as to nature of your work,

I'll give you a hint: He calls himself "Data Wiz". :D

Black94lt1 07-31-2019 8:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1679415)

Urologist? :D

z06psi 07-31-2019 8:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1679365)
Yes Gene, you did miss a lot. I've been on a high profile project since last September. I traveled basically 2 weeks a month to Jersey City (and St. Louis and Omaha) over the past year. Made some nice friends at the hotel in JC and got some great customer service.

That comes to and end next week. I may finally get some peace and quiet and not have to travel so much. I'll either get assigned to another big project, which has already been indicated to me who it is, or I explore something new, and even more lucrative. Travel with that one would be to Atlanta, and we all know why I'd enjoy that. :yesnod:

What is considered a "big project"?

IT?

Datawiz 07-31-2019 10:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1679424)
What is considered a "big project"?

IT?

$60 million.

snide 07-31-2019 10:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1679444)
$60 million.

What would go in your pocket? Half a percent? :D

Best wishes on the next gig, whatever that may be. :cheers:

z06psi 07-31-2019 10:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1679444)
$60 million.

Any sensitivity to exactly what?

VDI infrastructure, data room, network infrastructure? Come on man.

Details. Lol

Datawiz 07-31-2019 12:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1679409)
If you can't say, that's cool, was just curious as to nature of your work, as it forces you to stick it out in some motel for extended periods of time.....I could understand if you building/installing unique stuff for high level security/etc....

but anything else is something that could be done by remote control...no??

at any rate, if it's top level shit, I"m jealous, would have loved to be involved in that, a good mental/interesting challenge, keep brain occupied.....

and if it's .mil related, having the chance to play with the BEST toys.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1679449)
Any sensitivity to exactly what?

VDI infrastructure, data room, network infrastructure? Come on man.

Details. Lol

you all know I work on the Salesforce platform. I wear many hats. Regardless of my direction, it will be Fortune 100 type projects. :yesnod:

z06psi 07-31-2019 1:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1679472)
you all know I work on the Salesforce platform. I wear many hats. Regardless of my direction, it will be Fortune 100 type projects. :yesnod:

:Jeff '79:

Well my DoD IT and building project is $993mil.

So there! :D

Datawiz 07-31-2019 1:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1679480)
:Jeff '79:

Well my DoD IT and building project is $993mil.

So there! :D

DoD...so in reality, it should have cost $745, all in. :lol:

z06psi 07-31-2019 2:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1679482)
DoD...so in reality, it should have cost $745, all in. :lol:

Is that CDN? :rofl:

DAB 07-31-2019 2:20pm

Capital One is looking for some help. :rofl: :slap: :DAB:

MrPeabody 07-31-2019 3:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1679415)
Congrats on the successful completion of your project! :thumbs::thumbs:

:cheers:

He makes name tags for car forum Cruise-Ins. Huge business.:leaving:

Datawiz 07-31-2019 4:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1679496)
He makes name tags for car forum Cruise-Ins. Huge business.:leaving:

And I give the money away. St. Jude made $11,000 from me in 2007. :yesnod:

MrPeabody 07-31-2019 5:18pm

:seasix:

Having never been to those events, I didn't realize there was any money involved. Hence my joke.