The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   What's Cooking? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   anybody still check in here?..... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18016)

Kerrmudgeon 07-13-2011 9:06pm

anybody still check in here?.....

This and BTB are deadsville man! anyone check in all the time to see if there's anything new, or is it just me????

Really a shame folks are too damn lazy to go off the main OT to the special ones they took the time to build for us! :slap:

kingpin 07-13-2011 9:13pm

Just us lowly Canadians brother.

:cheers:

LisaJohn 07-13-2011 10:07pm

:seeya:

awbig 07-14-2011 5:43am

Olustee bus 07-14-2011 1:56pm

I don't check in because, I don't think many others do. It is a shame. I often have some questions where I would like peoples ideas without going to a cooking forum. I also sometimes have a recipe that I really want to share.

I am in hopes that this will keep on going, with a larger participation

Bucwheat 07-27-2011 2:35pm

TabuIsMe 08-13-2011 10:10pm

:seeya: Wake up wake up!

Kerrmudgeon 08-14-2011 1:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by TabuIsMe (Post 388244)
:seeya: Wake up wake up!

Hi Jen, how are you? Whatchu cookin up tonight hun? Or are you just hangin round trying to pick up a good cookin man!:rofl::rofl:

Bucwheat 08-18-2011 9:34am

I soaked a pork loin in Italian dressing for two days and I'm gonna grill it tonight,can't wait.:hurray:

TabuIsMe 08-19-2011 8:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 388355)
Hi Jen, how are you? Whatchu cookin up tonight hun? Or are you just hangin round trying to pick up a good cookin man!:rofl::rofl:

I don't trust many men to cook...:lol:
But just looking around at recipes.. last time i posted a picture many people commented that it looked like puke.. but if i see others posting pictures of food i might get encouraged. :D

Kerrmudgeon 08-20-2011 10:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by TabuIsMe (Post 394931)
I don't trust many men to cook...:lol:
But just looking around at recipes.. last time i posted a picture many people commented that it looked like puke.. but if i see others posting pictures of food i might get encouraged. :D

Hi Jenn, it's they're twisted job to crap on everybody's stuff, that's OT for ya! Don't take it personally, most of them wouldn't know good from bad! There is an old saying that applies although, regarding food presentation.......
"Remember, you eat with your eyes too!"
:thumbs:

beadist 08-20-2011 11:39am

I still check in from time to time but I haven't had time to cook or bake for months. I'll be making a Black Velvet cake for a friends birthday on the 31st. though.

TabuIsMe 08-20-2011 7:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 395303)
"Remember, you eat with your eyes too!"
:thumbs:

I can't cook and be artistic at the same time :confused5:
Quote:

Originally Posted by beadist (Post 395334)
I still check in from time to time but I haven't had time to cook or bake for months. I'll be making a Black Velvet cake for a friends birthday on the 31st. though.

:waiting:

beadist 08-20-2011 8:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TabuIsMe (Post 395584)
I can't cook and be artistic at the same time :confused5:

:waiting:

:lol: I get paid to do it sometimes. Crab salad, food design and photo.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/x...dcrabsalad.jpg

TabuIsMe 08-21-2011 8:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by beadist (Post 395627)
:lol: I get paid to do it sometimes. Crab salad, food design and photo.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/x...dcrabsalad.jpg

Wow, i don't like crab, but that looks appetizing. :cheers:

beadist 08-21-2011 9:52am

The leaves in romaine hearts are like little canoes. You can use them to hold lots of things. Veggies, salsa, fruit salad, chicken salad, etc. It's a quick and easy way to make a pretty presentation and you can eat the bowl!:D

The little crabs are punched out of carrot slices. I have a bunch of really intricate food punches that I found in Hong Kong many years ago, but you can find them in any good China town. Got to have a little fun with food too :D

TabuIsMe 08-21-2011 10:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by beadist (Post 395862)
The leaves in romaine hearts are like little canoes. You can use them to hold lots of things. Veggies, salsa, fruit salad, chicken salad, etc. It's a quick and easy way to make a pretty presentation and you can eat the bowl!:D

The little crabs are punched out of carrot slices. I have a bunch of really intricate food punches that I found in Hong Kong many years ago, but you can find them in any good China town. Got to have a little fun with food too :D

I like using romaine heart lettuce leaves for tuna or chicken :cheers: but it doesn't look anywhere as nice as that does..
and incredible idea with the carrot slices, although, my mom has a little more peace of mind when i spend less time in the kitchen..
:lol:

beadist 08-21-2011 12:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TabuIsMe (Post 395909)
I like using romaine heart lettuce leaves for tuna or chicken :cheers: but it doesn't look anywhere as nice as that does..
and incredible idea with the carrot slices, although, my mom has a little more peace of mind when i spend less time in the kitchen..
:lol:

:lol: I'll take and post a photo of the punches. I keep them at work.

Kerrmudgeon 08-21-2011 4:37pm

Very nice presentation, well done.

Jenn, your sparkling personality will pull you through! :yesnod:

LisaJohn 08-21-2011 6:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by beadist (Post 395334)

Do you share your recipes? Black Velvet cake sounds interesting.
L