The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Not All Heros Wear Capes (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120501)

Bill 10-18-2019 4:05pm

Not All Heros Wear Capes

MrPeabody 10-18-2019 4:10pm

Yeah, I never could figure why people think blocking traffic is a good way to win people over to your cause.:island14:

mrvette 10-18-2019 4:17pm

I don't blame that guy one bit....get him a gold star......

and a nice cute soothing voice to calm him down a tad......:dance::lol:

Bill 10-18-2019 4:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1685819)
I don't blame that guy one bit....get him a gold star......

and a nice cute soothing voice to calm him down a tad......:dance::lol:

He sounded very calm and reasonable to me. And the girls sounded like cultists suffering from a mass delusion who were suddenly exposed to reality.

Stangkiller 10-18-2019 4:56pm

Looks like the dude was in scrubs. Stop traffic and it could be life or death for patients

MrPeabody 10-18-2019 5:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1685826)
Looks like the dude was in scrubs. Stop traffic and it could be life or death for patients

Well, not necessarily. Nurses and doctors will not leave their shift until the person on the next shift arrives. Now if there happened to be a lot of people arriving at the ER, for instance and this guy was on call, yes, that could be a problem. Also keep in mind the people who clean bathrooms at the hospital also wear scrubs.

69camfrk 10-18-2019 5:06pm

People are going to keep doing dumb shit like blocking roads until we start kicking their asses. Personally, I'm tired of these dummies.:issues:

DAB 10-18-2019 5:34pm

brush guard = protester deflector

Dan Dlabay 10-18-2019 6:25pm

There is a video I saw that guys from a apartment took. The guy got out of a car and snaked around those idiots then grabbed the idiot who was filming him the banner and threw it over the wall. He then grabbed the cell phone of the idiot that was filming him and threw it away.Then the idiot went into the middle of the intersection acting like a nut case and almost got run over. The guys filming this called him a hero.:cert:

MEANZ06 10-18-2019 7:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1685837)
There is a video I saw that guys from a apartment took. The guy got out of a car and snaked around those idiots then grabbed the idiot who was filming him the banner and threw it over the wall. He then grabbed the cell phone of the idiot that was filming him and threw it away.Then the idiot went into the middle of the intersection acting like a nut case and almost got run over. The guys filming this called him a hero.:cert:

Street vid is awesome for the audio! :seasix: Here's the apartment vid...

Awesome!!! :hurray:

Stangkiller 10-18-2019 7:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1685827)
Well, not necessarily. Nurses and doctors will not leave their shift until the person on the next shift arrives. Now if there happened to be a lot of people arriving at the ER, for instance and this guy was on call, yes, that could be a problem. Also keep in mind the people who clean bathrooms at the hospital also wear scrubs.

I was more so referring to blocking ambulances or transplant/donor vehicles

MrPeabody 10-18-2019 7:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1685845)
I was more so referring to blocking ambulances or transplant/donor vehicles

Okay, fair point, but I think an ambulance would be using a siren.

Aerovette 10-18-2019 8:27pm

Everyone should be granted ONE free assault on an idiot. Use it wisely...you only get one.

Stangkiller 10-18-2019 8:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1685848)
Everyone should be granted ONE free assault on an idiot. Use it wisely...you only get one.

But i wouldnt consider it assault. I think all protestors blocking traffic, trians, planes, ect are taking their lives into their own hands, and should full well expect to be thrown to the ground and run over.

One of these days a few idiots will try it in Texas.....i can see it now, with traffic stopped good ole rough neck steps out of truck to weld some pipes to the front of his bumper and sharpen the tips...gives protestors one last chance before rolling coal through the protestors leaving skewered bits and pieces of smelly hippies in its trail.

MEANZ06 10-18-2019 8:52pm

Quote:

Isn't it a court rule that as a Plaintiff you need to mitigate damages? So if I drive slowly through a protest line and the fool gets run over when he/she could of got out of the way, wouldn't I be safe from prosecution? :D

69camfrk 10-18-2019 9:28pm

Quote:

Well, it would actually be battery, and I am cool with that. My tolerance level for stupidity is nil.

MEANZ06 10-18-2019 9:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1685851)
Well, it would actually be battery, and I am cool with that. My tolerance level for stupidity is nil.

:yesnod:

mrvette 10-19-2019 3:54am

Reminds me of the '68 riots in DC, where they burnt out one whole commercial shopping area, and then had to drive out to the burbs to buy so much as a beer.....

AND when ever I was on a date going anywhere in DC, I had a pistol under the driver seat.....

I remember taking my first ex on an afternoon run out to the country for some shooting.....she lived just off Conn. Ave NW just opposite the National Zoo, joint was full of Dip LO Matic types/etc........and so I had my guns on with my cowboy hat left over from my Tejas trip......one on each hip.....and on the way into her garden apt. out comes this foreigner with his son, and the guy don't notice me, but his KID sure as hell did.....the kid points and shouts to his dad about the COWBOY!!! First ex worked for BNDD....Bureau Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.....name changed to DEA later on.....she was the last person seen when entering the office of the director on top of some highrise with guards just off 17th st NW.....guarded/restricted parking.....I remember commenting about the drug deals going on in front of the building, it went over like a lead balloon.......

:issues::rofl:

86RAG 10-19-2019 5:54am

That was awesome! Sad part is the guy will probably get in trouble for it.

Here's to my new hero! :cert:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 10-23-2019 6:07pm

I loved the idiot screams at the end of the video...

It's ok to deny motorists free movement on public roads but don't
take my banner away or disrupt our blockade.