The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   It pays to be nice to your mailman (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122986)

DAB 07-04-2020 5:50pm

It pays to be nice to your mailman

Our mail is delivered to a bunch of gang mailboxes about 1 mile from the house. with the terrain, we can see the mail boxes from the house with binoculars (or without if you know what to look for). And our mail is normally delivered sometime around 4 to 4:30pm each day (we are the last stop on his route).

So i normally, feed Leah

<------------

around 4:30pm each day (if I'm late, she gets fussy, so don't be late feeding the dog.).

so right after, I hop in the truck and drive up the mailboxes to get that day's mail.

many times, the mailman is there, sorting the mail, so over time, he's gotten to know who I am, and vice versa. His name is Eric. a few months ago, before this virus crap, I brought him a small bag of home made cookies that Mrs. DAB had made earlier that day.

So we have several packages pending delivery from Amazon orders, and 3 were due to arrive monday. About an hour ago, our gate buzzer sounded, and i'm thinking, there is no delivery today, so i grab the opener and walk down to the gate, opening it on the way.

It was Eric, and he had some packages for us. Two of the 3 due to arrive via the post office. he drove his van up to the house, and handed us our packages and admired our house.

If a package will not fit in the package bin, we have to go into town next day and pick it up, so he saved us from doing that on at least one package, as it was fairly large (also applies if all the bins are already full, which is quite common now a days).

so Mrs. DAB got her stuffs!

:DAB:

RonC5 07-04-2020 6:45pm

Nothing better than a great mailman (woman). We had Dave for over 15 years. Great guy, bring the mail to me if I was working in the garage, he became a friend to all in the neighborhood. We he retired, half our neighborhood was at his going away party. He still drives thru occasionally and stops to chat. Now we have "MailBitch". No acknowledgment, won't even give you a nod. If there is a package that won't fit in the box, she will drop it on the porch, but put all of the other mail in the box. Every other mailman brings it all to the door. I had a package that had the street misspelled, she refused to deliver it, but left a notice that I had a package to pick up at the PO. I made a call and the supervisor made her deliver the next day. No bottle of Tito's for her.

04 commemorative 07-05-2020 10:25am

Our mail woman is the best...on her days off the mail men suck

6spdC6 07-05-2020 10:38am

We live rural, mailbox is at the foot of the hilly nasty driveway. (about a1/4 mile). Our mail guy drives his own car with him sitting in the passengers side.

If it fits in the mail box he leaves it there, if not he comes up to the house. Very dependable and you ought to watch him whip around driving from the wrong side of the car. He doe put on super good winter rated tires and he has a front wheel drive.

We always give him a gift card at Christmas time he is well worth it.

Norm 07-05-2020 1:53pm

It was the cookies..........laced? :D

stingraymyway 07-05-2020 2:59pm

Our mail carrier's turnover rate is right up next to burger flippers. Some good, others get the mail in the wrong boxes.
Yet another example of underpaid essential workers who, if paid better, would put more pride into their work.