The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Anyone keeping track of the members that are fading away? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133376)

Aerovette 08-02-2023 4:59pm

Anyone keeping track of the members that are fading away?

Post some names.

Recently I see Chuck A has called it a day.

LARS left and took his homestead thread with him. FWIW, I was genuinely interested in the progress.

Haven't seen Knooger post and several others.

Disappointing.

EDIT: Follow up. Is the reason for these exits a common and probably obvious one or is each individual possibly just doing "their life" for a while?

Louie Detroit 08-02-2023 5:01pm

Haven’t seen Norm post in a while, or Uncle Meat either.

Rodnok1 08-02-2023 5:02pm

Norm won't be back or it'll be a very long time.
Mr Peabody been gone for what 2 years?

Don Rickles 08-02-2023 5:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 2119150)
Norm won't be back or it'll be a very long time.
?

Why?

99 pewtercoupe 08-02-2023 5:07pm

DAB seems to be posting less frequently than before
I know that I am losing interest in this place since it seems every other thread is just a pissing contest

Don Rickles 08-02-2023 5:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ill Duce (Post 2119155)
I don’t GAF

Ahhhh, why don’t you disthefucappear for two years?

Aerovette 08-02-2023 5:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 2119156)
I know that I am losing interest in this place since it seems every other thread is just a pissing contest

DAB posted about Linda...but I don't see woodworking projects very often. :sad:

Don Rickles 08-02-2023 5:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 2119158)
DAB posted about Linda...but I don't see woodworking projects very often. :sad:

Grey haired mafia is keeping him too busy!:yesnod:

IB4TL 08-02-2023 5:11pm

I'm fairly new here but you're right....a lot of great people like Knooger, Lars, Raazor, Strats & several others haven't been posting here much lately.

I can only assume it's because the same few people feel the need to **** up most threads with their nonsense.

Aerovette 08-02-2023 5:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ill Duce (Post 2119163)
Lars got caught sucking his own dick on the internet and took his ball and ran home like he always does

I don't think we were reading the same thread. :D

MTPZ06 08-02-2023 5:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IB4TL (Post 2119162)
I'm fairly new here but you're right....a lot of great people like Knooger, Lars, Raazor, Strats & several others haven't been posting here much lately.

I can only assume it's because the same few people feel the need to **** up most threads with their nonsense.

Knooger really fell off at he other place as well. He said he has a job now...but was something like 2 days a week. :rofl:

IB4TL 08-02-2023 5:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTPZ06 (Post 2119170)
Knooger really fell off at he other place as well. He said he has a job now...but was something like 2 days a week. :rofl:

That "job" started months ago.

My guess would be that people are posting less there because they're either banned or tired of the wokeness & bullshit by Cumdawg, JCharity, etc.

Here, I think people are tired of a few people ruining the forum.
There's no wokeness or censorship here, just a few douchebags that don't know when to shut up.

I haven't blocked anyone, I just don't respond or feed into their nonsense.
Just ignore them & converse with others.

MTPZ06 08-02-2023 5:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IB4TL (Post 2119173)
That "job" started months ago.

My guess would be that people are posting less there because they're either banned or tired of the wokeness & bullshit by Cumdawg, JCharity, etc.

Here, I think people are tired of a few people ruining the forum.
There's no wokeness or censorship here, just a few douchebags that don't know when to shut up.

I haven't blocked anyone, I just don't respond or feed into their nonsense.
Just ignore them & converse with others.

Yes, and his activity fell of as a result...

Vandelay Industries 08-02-2023 5:28pm

Quote:

When a few jackwads make it their mission to crap all over as many threads as possible, sorting through the bullshit gets old pretty fast.

Louie Detroit 08-02-2023 5:33pm

I was thinking maybe Knooger’s super pervert persona may have caught up with him IRL. I know he posted enough pictures and information about himself at the other place to make himself traceable to the yellow pad crew. Maybe an employer saw some of his posts?

Rodnok1 08-02-2023 5:36pm

Quote:

I'm right there with you...
That is what is driving off long time excellent people. If they wanted middle school bullshit they'd go elsewhere but it's here now constantly.

The_Dude 08-02-2023 5:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 2119178)
I was thinking maybe Knooger’s super pervert persona may have caught up with him IRL. I know he posted enough pictures and information about himself at the other place to make himself traceable to the yellow pad crew. Maybe an employer saw some of his posts?

He wasn't working until recently. It's possible that his new job is taking up too much of his time.

Aerovette 08-02-2023 5:47pm

The thing that I see resembles the blockbusting that used to happen long long ago. Each time someone here drops out of sight, the gap is filled with crap. Long timers/ Good timers, need to stand firm. Protect the forum from the bad element or the source.

Trolls win if they become the majority.