The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Fedex being Fedex (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119970)

carlton_fritz 08-07-2019 10:29am

Fedex being Fedex

Ordered a product. Filled out shipping info correctly. Fedex changed the zip to an incorrect zip and then blamed the seller for mislabeling it. 2 day shipping turns into 4.

Mike Mercury 08-07-2019 10:51am

FedEx is ending its ground-shipping contract with Amazon
https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/7/20...nding-contract

FedEx has opted not to renew its ground-shipping contract with Amazon, according to Bloomberg News. It’s the latest move from the shipping company as it works to sever ties with the e-commerce giant, which has increasingly worked to build out its own delivery infrastructure.

FedEx’s contract with Amazon was set to expire at the end of August, and it comes just two months after FedEx announced that it wouldn’t renew Amazon’s FedEx Express contract, which the online retailer used to transport packages by air. This newly ended contract focused on FedEx’s ground deliveries that helped bridge the “last-mile” gap between Amazon’s warehouses and its customers.

The move from FedEx comes as Amazon has increasingly become a competitor for the shipping firm. FedEx has previously said that Amazon isn’t a huge customer for it: the online retailer makes up around 1.3 percent of its total revenue. A FedEx spokesperson told The Verge that “this change is consistent with our strategy to focus on the broader e-commerce market, which the recent announcements related to our FedEx Ground network have us positioned extraordinarily well to do.” Essentially, the shipping business is projected to grow in the coming years, and FedEx isn’t interested in helping Amazon.

In recent years, Amazon has increasingly been doing much of the work to bridge that “last-mile” gap. It’s rented cargo planes, launched its own delivery network for Prime customers, and released new options for customers to have packages delivered directly into their homes, garages, or cars. It also recently unveiled a new drone to deliver packages directly to customers.

In a statement, Amazon said that it’s “constantly innovating to improve the carrier experience and sometimes that means reevaluating our carrier relationships. FedEx has been a great partner over the years and we appreciate all their work delivering packages to our customers.”

FedEx and UPS have also been expanding their delivery services: each announced that they would begin delivering packages seven days a week. FedEx has also begun shipping packages faster with a new program called Extra Hours. And earlier this year, it unveiled its own delivery robot, which it’s testing out in its Memphis headquarters.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/woWz6RL33Hm3S/source.gif

https://i.imgur.com/E73H3Q8.gif

LilRedCorvette 08-07-2019 11:47am

FedEx and the USPS are the absolute worst around here :ack: UPS seems to have them both beat...always good service :yesnod: :seasix:

Rodnok1 08-07-2019 2:55pm

Fedex here sends out inexperienced drivers in straight trucks in our area. Narrow roads, big ditches and narrow driveways are not a good combo to being with. I've had such bad luck with FedEx here, they deliver to neighbors house half the time, I have to flag them down sometimes as the can't read the address apparently (pizza kid seems to find it fine) and for some unknown reason they have driven into my yard which is a swamp anytime it has rained in the last week and gotten stuck turning around. I had to put a gate up as they even tried going from my drive to neighbors drive and sank one to the axle. I have only seen a few 20 point turn arounds in my life and most have been them trying to back out of my driveway into the street. Frankly I'm glad amazon and fedex won't be doing business as I cringe whenever fedex is to deliver here.

carlton_fritz 08-07-2019 6:14pm

Guess I should order from Amazon from now on.

carlton_fritz 08-07-2019 6:16pm

so I get an e-mail from Fedex saying the package is being sent back to the shipper, after the shipper had already talked to them.

JRD77VET 08-07-2019 6:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1680258)
so I get an e-mail from Fedex saying the package is being sent back to the shipper, after the shipper had already talked to them.

Does this surprise me? Not at all. :slap:

When we had the pay it forward, I claimed a level wind fishing reel ( like what you use for trolling). He sent it out the day after I said I'd like it.

He sent it Fed Ex :willy:

It took three days to get up here to the local distribution center. For the next THREE WEEKS I played phone tag with them giving directions every single night on where my house was located.

The last time I called them, I actually got a real person. I explained that my house has been in the same spot since it was built in 1945. ******** listen --crickets were chirping ---:rofl: *******

I told them were the house was, how to get there from multiple points and said if they can't find it, to drop it off at Palm Business Center as the owner is a friend.

It finally got delivered the next day.

carlton_fritz 08-07-2019 8:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1680264)
Does this surprise me? Not at all. :slap:

When we had the pay it forward, I claimed a level wind fishing reel ( like what you use for trolling). He sent it out the day after I said I'd like it.

He sent it Fed Ex :willy:

It took three days to get up here to the local distribution center. For the next THREE WEEKS I played phone tag with them giving directions every single night on where my house was located.

The last time I called them, I actually got a real person. I explained that my house has been in the same spot since it was built in 1945. ******** listen --crickets were chirping ---:rofl: *******

I told them were the house was, how to get there from multiple points and said if they can't find it, to drop it off at Palm Business Center as the owner is a friend.

It finally got delivered the next day.

:faint:

Black94lt1 08-08-2019 2:24am

FedEx here is 1000x better than UPS, it all comes down to the drivers and the distribution center

Mike Mercury 08-08-2019 7:34am

in our area... Fed-Ex Ground pickups and deliveries are handled by sub-contractors. Even though the drivers wear "Fed-Ex" shirts and arrive in Fed-Ex labeled trucks.... they are not employees of.

And, ground drop-offs are one contract, while ground pickups are another contract. It very possibly could be that the Ground pickup people - and the Ground drop-off people... are different sub-contractors.

The only "real" Fed-Ex employee shipments are next day or second day air types.

carlton_fritz 08-08-2019 8:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1680295)
in our area... Fed-Ex Ground pickups and deliveries are handled by sub-contractors. Even though the drivers wear "Fed-Ex" shirts and arrive in Fed-Ex labeled trucks.... they are not employees of.

And, ground drop-offs are one contract, while ground pickups are another contract. It very possibly could be that the Ground pickup people - and the Ground drop-off people... are different sub-contractors.

2nd day air was the shipping method.

Rodnok1 08-08-2019 8:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1680295)

Well that could very well explain why I have idiots delivering here then as 99% is ground service.
Thanks!

mrvette 08-08-2019 2:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1680304)
Well that could very well explain why I have idiots delivering here then as 99% is ground service.
Thanks!

Well, you all COULD ask for drop ship.....30,000 feet.........

:dance::rofl:

boracayjohnny 08-08-2019 3:56pm

The delivery dudes/dudettes have no problem with finding my well established address. Hell, they even leave notes such as, Your trim paint is fading, the small and growing Chinese Maple looked dry so I watered it, and your neighbor with the Corolla is a parking idiot. I can't argue with them on the last one for sure.