The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Talk, laundry equipment? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136974)

Don Rickles 03-21-2024 9:17am

Talk, laundry equipment?

Looks like we are in the market for a new set… Our washing machine is on its last leg…. It’s damn old, as I’ve repaired it too many times….drive belts, filters, pump, door seals x3, etc. My mechanic son used to bring home his greasy clothes that clogged the drain….The Kenmore was a good machine!

I’m a huge fan of Meile products. Quality along with incredible customer service!

The BUT…..These new Meile sets are a smaller capacity and will not fit a king sized comforter.

Pricey but to me worth the money, not sure if we can drop down to these smaller loads…?

What’s your thoughts?

Blademaker 03-21-2024 9:20am

Get what you need/want.
Come off some $$$, Skinflint....:funniest:

Don Rickles 03-21-2024 9:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blademaker (Post 2234932)
Get what you need/want.

Wanna buy a badass knife?:D

Yadkin 03-21-2024 9:24am

Some of the new machines have a removable agitator. So you can leave it out when washing lightly soiled stuff like comforters and sheets, and put it back in when you have to clean your nasty elderly underwear.

Not sure if Brandon has mandated back the water saving regulations that Trump eliminated during his four years. If so, you'll need a garden hose to fill it. I was lucky to buy during those years of freedom.

MikeB 03-21-2024 9:25am

Wife bought herself an LG set. No agitator.
Top load washer, front load dryer(electric). $900/ea, on sale
(aren't they always?)
Nice units. They auto-adjust everything for weight, no need to select
size. Both can be controlled by wifi/cell phone (I don't use it)
Can even add steam to the drying process (I never use it).

Don Rickles 03-21-2024 9:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blademaker (Post 2234932)
Get what you need/want.

I’m only really concerned about the downsizing. This is the last time we hope to need to replace them so money isn’t an issue. Shit, my Meile vacuum was 2k. It’ll suck the hair off your head!

Bought her a Wolf Range and hood combo (13k), and a SubZero fridge (10k).

Look at me I’m bragging!!!:dance:

Don Rickles 03-21-2024 9:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB (Post 2234936)
Wife bought herself an LG set. No agitator.
Top load washer, front load dryer(electric). $900/ea, on sale
(aren't they always?)
Nice units. They auto-adjust everything for weight, no need to select
size. Both can be controlled by wifi/cell phone (I don't use it)
Can even add steam to the drying process (I never use it).

These sets do have all those bells and whistles too, that will likely go rarely used.

Has to be front loading both washer and dryer to fit the space properly.

I think the two are priced just over 4K. Washers are comparable in size it’s the dryer that will drop from 7.5 to 4 cu

LisaJohn 03-21-2024 9:33am

I like my speed queen. It will not hold my thick, king size comforter.

Yadkin 03-21-2024 9:35am

Baby Doll has a PhD in laundry, has had two front loaders and has sworn off of them. She has determined that it takes lots of water to clean clothes.

Joey777 03-21-2024 9:39am

Speed Queen top load washer. You can get it with an electronic controls or mechanical.

Don Rickles 03-21-2024 9:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 2234942)
I like my speed queen. It will not hold my thick, king size comforter.

Do you take the comforters to the cleaners? How often how much..?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2234943)
Baby Doll has a PhD in laundry, has had two front loaders and has sworn off of them. She has determined that it takes lots of water to clean clothes.

The room is designed with counters over the top of the side by side equipment. Have no choice without rebuilding the shelving/counter and storage. I washer door seal on mine has been changed as I said a few times, cheap and and easy repair. But don't want to do it again!

Interestingly the Meile dryer is 120v and has no need for venting, as it's a heat pump system. Should help reduce operational costs.

Yadkin 03-21-2024 9:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 2234948)

Interestingly the Meile dryer is 120v and has no need for venting, as it's a heat pump system. Should help reduce operational costs.

:Sexy:

Aerovette 03-21-2024 10:03am

Do NOT NOT NOT get a washer without an agitator.

HUGE disappointment.

LisaJohn 03-21-2024 10:06am

My king size quilt fits. I take my comforter off the bed at night. I take it 1-2 times a year to the laundry. They now charge $25 to wash and dry it. It used to be $15. I don’t know how much it cost if I stay and use their large washer and dryer. I never buy comforters or spreads that have to be dry cleaned. My speedqueen is mechanical.

Onebadcad 03-21-2024 10:28am

The all-in-one now has more manufacturers, saves space, it will be my next purchase when our 2-year old washer and dryer die out.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ge-prof...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

KenHorse 03-21-2024 10:34am

Bought a Samsung front loader a few months back, to replace our LG front loader (which was a POS).

So far, quite happy with the new one in all regards

04 commemorative 03-21-2024 10:36am

1 Attachment(s)
We bought an LG Wash Tower.....works great and wife washes the king sized comforter with no trouble at all.

GTOguy 03-21-2024 10:59am

Whatever you do, make sure they're Kosher units. That way, if you leave money in your pockets, you won't have to fish it out of the machine. It'll simply be absorbed into it and disappear. :seasix:

Jeff78 03-21-2024 11:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 2234939)
I’m only really concerned about the downsizing. This is the last time we hope to need to replace them so money isn’t an issue. Shit, my Meile vacuum was 2k. It’ll suck the hair off your head!

Bought her a Wolf Range and hood combo (13k), and a SubZero fridge (10k).

Look at me I’m bragging!!!:dance:

Thanks for the Wolf & SubZero purchases. :seasix:
My son in law is an engineer there.

RedLS1GTO 03-21-2024 12:13pm

Top load only. I don't care if it means ripping out countertops. Take apart a front load washer that has been used for a year or more.

After the vomit stops, you'll never buy 1 again.