The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Anyone going to the Super Chevy Show @ VMP on Sunday? Caravan? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2646)

Cobra4B 04-16-2010 8:50am

Anyone going to the Super Chevy Show @ VMP on Sunday? Caravan?

I'm cruising up at 6am on Sunday w/ my buddy Travis. He's taking his two anniversary Camaros up for the show. Anyone else around here planning on heading up early and want to caravan?

-Brian

GB Vette 04-16-2010 9:26am

If I get the car finished, myself and a few others will probably be going.

We'll be headed up 460 to Petersburg. Was thinking about meeting up at the Dairy Queen or Burger King in Windsor around 7AM or so.

Cobra4B 04-16-2010 10:26am

Gary is that where you get off of 58 onto 460? If so that'd be about perfect.... leaving 6am from the beach puts us there right around 7am.

GB Vette 04-16-2010 10:32am

Yes.

It's not right at the 58/460 interchange though. It's on up 460 a ways in Windsor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra4B (Post 33315)
Gary is that where you get off of 58 onto 460? If so that'd be about perfect.... leaving 6am from the beach puts us there right around 7am.

Cobra4B 04-16-2010 10:34am

Ok sounds good.

tomurphjr 04-16-2010 11:07am

Gary,

I got 8-10 $5 off coupons for the super chevy show at Merchant tire on my lunch break today. I'll pass them out to anyone that wants them when I see you guys Sunday AM.

GB Vette 04-16-2010 11:33am

:above:

Th1 04-16-2010 12:42pm

I want to go but Im working.Hopefully I can swing up there on sunday if the honey do list is somewhat done.... Seems like its gonna be FUN!!!(Ive never been)

tomurphjr 04-16-2010 1:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th1 (Post 33341)
I want to go but Im working.Hopefully I can swing up there on sunday if the honey do list is somewhat done.... Seems like its gonna be FUN!!!(Ive never been)

I'm taking care of my honey do list tomorrow. The wife was adding stuff to it last night. I told her, that's it....Anything else won't get done. She looked at me like :skep: and walked off.

Mofo tryin to take advantage of me :lolsmile:

Cobra4B 04-16-2010 1:15pm

I make my own "honey-do" lists.... so I cut the grass yesterday and then decided that the list was done for the weekend... to much fun car stuff to do :)

wwomanC6 04-16-2010 3:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomurphjr (Post 33343)
I'm taking care of my honey do list tomorrow. The wife was adding stuff to it last night. I told her, that's it....Anything else won't get done. She looked at me like :skep: and walked off.

Mofo tryin to take advantage of me :lolsmile:

Make her a Honey Do List and she how she likes it? Maybe she'll get the hint!

:squirrelrun:

Garb55 04-16-2010 4:47pm

Can't get your spouse to tackle — and then finish — any projects on the "honey-do" list? Dr. Phil has theories as to why some projects are just left undone, and how your marriage can be affected.

# When a project is done, you open yourself up to criticism. If you've got the "I'm not finished with it yet" excuse, you protect yourself. With the completion of any endeavor comes evaluation and judgment. What are you afraid of?

# Once a project is complete, some people are afraid of having nothing left on the "To Do" list. Leaving it unfinished means that you've still got something to attend to.

Step 1

When making out a "honey do" list be prepared to offer some assistance with the items on the list. A task can be accomplished faster if two people positively tackle the activity together.
Step 2

If you are unable to help with the items on the list, do something in exchange. Trading tasks assures your partner that you do not want them to be the only one contributing to the chores that need to be done.
Step 3

Offer a reward to the person doing the tasks on the list. Take them out for a nice dinner. Prepare one of their favorite meals or desserts at home. Take them to an event that they will enjoy such as a movie or sports event
Step 4

Above all else, be sure to express your gratitude. And remember, if you have someone to help you with daily chores or with projects you can't complete alone, be sure not to abuse their kindness. A one-sided "honey do" list is anything but sweet. A "honey do" listed that involves the two of you working together can be very sweet.

# "When momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy," says Dr. Phil to one husband who's got unfinished projects in practically every room of the house. "You're messing with the nest." Such actions can leave your spouse with the conclusion that she isn't loved, that you're not interested in making her happy, and don't care about what she wants. You may think it's only an issue of a dangling electrical cord or a panel in the roof, but there's far more to it.

# If your spouse's unfinished projects are really making you crazy, Dr. Phil advises: "You teach people how to treat you." If it's not OK with you, draw the line.

OBXFunn 04-16-2010 6:10pm

Brian I might be up for this too. I will text or call you tomorrow if I am going.

Cobra4B 04-16-2010 8:33pm

^ I'll see you at VaSpeed man :cheers:

Th1 04-17-2010 5:08am

I have a newborn baby at home and my wife had a C section, I think she deserves me doing a honey do list( pressure washing the house and mowing the yard)....:toetap: Especially since I am not home for days at a time do to work.
but I am still gonna try to get out on sunday If I can get everything done and home from work sunday morning.:D

Munch 04-17-2010 7:17pm

Update

Just got back from the barn and wanted to let everyone know that unfortunately Gary and I won't be making it to Super Chevy tomorrow.

Worked like rabid raccoons on the car all day but had a small setback which prevented the completion of the project (Thanks Roger):lolsmile: Just kidding, it wasn't Rogers fault. Anyhow we won't be meeting in Windsor tomorrow morning as planed and Gary wanted me to let everyone know and send his regrets and apologies.

thegreenman 04-17-2010 7:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 33491)
Just got back from the barn and wanted to let everyone know that unfortunately Gary and I won't be making it to Super Chevy tomorrow.

Worked like rabid raccoons on the car all day but had a small setback which prevented the completion of the project (Thanks Roger):lolsmile: Just kidding, it wasn't Rogers fault. Anyhow we won't be meeting in Windsor tomorrow morning as planed and Gary wanted me to let everyone know and send his regrets and apologies.

Gary should ban Roger from the Barn after destroying three weeks of work like that. :rofl:

pops98 04-17-2010 7:47pm

I guess I am the guy who finds the weak link.

thegreenman 04-17-2010 7:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pops98 (Post 33500)

I think you should now let Gary get creative with your Vette to make up for it. :D

I can bring down my sawzall to help speed up removal of some of your Vette body parts. :lol:

Munch 04-17-2010 8:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pops98 (Post 33500)

I thought you were going out for ribs.