The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Jeep folks check it out (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49219)

69camfrk 03-24-2013 8:38am

Jeep folks check it out

I am not a lover of Chyrsler products by any means, but this Jeep is tough as nails. Definitely some good components and looks like it would be hell off road.:seasix:

Jeep builds a transparent truck | Fox News

OddBall 03-24-2013 9:07am

Kinda cool

C5Nate 03-24-2013 9:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddBall (Post 914116)
Kinda cool

:iagree:

Quote:

Other upgrades include racing seats borrowed from the SRT Viper supercar
This bothers me a little, racing seats and off road seats are two different animals.

Ms.Gem 03-24-2013 1:41pm

:cool1:

Yamma 03-24-2013 4:50pm

that's pretty awesome - of all the past vehicles I've owned, the Jeep is the one I wish I still had. Those trucks are tough.

69camfrk 03-24-2013 5:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamma (Post 914345)
that's pretty awesome - of all the past vehicles I've owned, the Jeep is the one I wish I still had. Those trucks are tough.

Yamma, that Jeep looks like it is all business. I would love to have it!:seasix:

Me2 03-24-2013 5:55pm

I would tear that frail thing up in a minute off road, but it's really kind of cool for a daily driver.

69camfrk 03-24-2013 6:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me2 (Post 914407)
I would tear that frail thing up in a minute off road, but it's really kind of cool for a daily driver.

Just guessing, but I wonder if the body panels are designed for easy replacement????? With any type of paint, I doubt you could see through it though. Too many good components to not off road the hell out of it.

C5Nate 03-24-2013 8:28pm

Its not a truck, its a Jeep.

JRD77VET 03-24-2013 8:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamma (Post 914345)

Jeeps aren't on my "favorites" list right now. I replaced the radiator again ( 18 months) on the '01 Cherokee ( XJ for the jeep folks) and whoever the brain dead engineer was who designed that cooling system had no provison for draining the coolant without making a major mess :cuss: :mad: :ironchef:

Yamma 03-24-2013 8:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 914542)
Jeeps aren't on my "favorites" list right now. I replaced the radiator again ( 18 months) on the '01 Cherokee ( XJ for the jeep folks) and whoever the brain dead engineer was who designed that cooling system had no provison for draining the coolant without making a major mess :cuss: :mad: :ironchef:

I had an '01 TJ that was virtually indestructible. Got a small leak in the radiator one time but that was it - took that thing through Tellico and Mt. Etna a few times on some pretty rough trails. Most simple vehicle I owned, and by far the toughest. The more computer based functions you add, the more things will go wrong. :seasix:

JRD77VET 03-24-2013 8:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamma (Post 914548)
I had an '01 TJ that was virtually indestructible. Got a small leak in the radiator one time but that was it - took that thing through Tellico and Mt. Etna a few times on some pretty rough trails. Most simple vehicle I owned, and by far the toughest. The more computer based functions you add, the more things will go wrong. :seasix:

It's been a great vehicle ( 166K on it ) but some of the engineering on it was clearly made for assembly, not for maintence :slap:

My '76 CJ-7 was easy to work on and a great vehicle too ( except for some rust issues)

erickpl 03-25-2013 8:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamma (Post 914548)

Jeep radiators suck - especially where the metal meets the upper cap. Replaced mine with an all aluminum model and it has been issue free since (that was 11 years ago).

Mt Aetna I hear is pretty fun!

mrvette 03-25-2013 8:26am

2 Attachment(s)
After school, my son spent like 4-5 years with his Jeep, covering every road in the NW regions....and he sent these pix some years ago.....