The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   So typical for me... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124227)

Aerovette 12-03-2020 11:14pm

So typical for me...

We have to ship frozen COVID reagents in dry ice and small styrofoam coolers, overnight. We don't ship on Friday because the weekend will outlast the ice. So today I had to make an emergency run to pick up a pallet of coolers to ship out today. I have a hard bed cover that folds forward in sections. The last fold covers the back window but that's the only way the pallet fit. So the forklift pulls away and I get in the truck and hate that I can't see out the back window, but so be it. I also am not too keen that I can't see the pallet of coolers in my truck mirrors, but oh well.

I leave the place, roll toward the highway and make the drive back to the office. I roll up in front of the office and left the truck running and the door open while I popped in to have someone roll up the warehouse door. I walked back out to the truck and freeze in my tracks.

THERE ARE NO COOLERS !!! :willy::willy::willy::willy::willy:

Apparently, unbeknownst to me, they ended up somewhere along the 26 mile drive. :willy:

$600.00 in styrofoam coolers LOST !!

I had a meeting to attend so a "scout" was sent out to find them. He retraced my drive and NOTHING.

Now I'll tell you the red flags and warnings that my stupid ass ignored.

1. I never checked to see if the coolers were strapped to the pallet. I "assumed they were". :ulan::ulan:
2. I never dreamed 120lbs of stretch wrapped boxes could "kite" out of my truck. If that is what happened. :island14:
3. I should never have started rolling without having a visual on the cargo. :nonod:

It gets better...

4. While driving, I opened the sunroof and heard this flapping/rattling noise. Immediately my mind went to a truck forum thread I was reading with owners complaining about a flapping noise when they open the sunroof. I thought, well, I guess I have that now. I closed it and then just flipped / tilted it open. Same noise. I opened it all the way again and started feeling around the seal and all the parts and could not feel anything flapping. Then suddenly it STOPPED.

So, as near as I can tell (I have no idea), I headed down the highway and the stretch wrap must have been flapping in the wind and that's what I heard when I opened the sunroof. When it suddenly got quiet, I assume that's when I lost it all. However, it is also possible that the plastic was coming apart and I was losing a small cooler here and there the entire way until there were none left. 120 coolers GONE.

I have been kicking my own ass all afternoon for being so fkn stupid. I offered to pay for them and my boss told me absolutely not. He said the payment will be, that he is going to tell everyone he knows the story, make fun of me at work, and I can't get mad about it.

I was ok with that deal. He thought it was pretty damn funny actually.

dvarapala 12-03-2020 11:19pm

That's what you get for going back to work early before your COVID brain fog had fully dissipated. :toetap:

Little Red L98. 12-03-2020 11:27pm

Your husband and your employer must have been pissed. That’s how my wife drives when she’s towing something or has a load in the truck/van or someone is supposed to follow her somewhere. Doo dee doo. Doo dee doo.

Stangkiller 12-03-2020 11:29pm

Dang thats really funny, but sucks all the same.

Aerovette 12-03-2020 11:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Red L98. (Post 1828950)
Your husband and your employer must have been pissed. That’s how my wife drives when she’s towing something or has a load in the truck/van or someone is supposed to follow her somewhere. Doo dee doo. Doo dee doo.

Employer thought it was funny (as the thread states) and since I'm not a lib, I don't have a husband. :seasix:

Aerovette 12-03-2020 11:31pm

I do have a nice pallet if anyone needs one.

Little Red L98. 12-03-2020 11:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1828952)
Employer thought it was funny (as the thread states) and since I'm not a lib, I don't have a husband. :seasix:

I missed the employer thought it was funny part. Sry. VJ would probably love to have a husband someday. Maybe. No idea what happens when a person goes through such a transformation. Ask a lib. Or a con. Stuff happens I guess. I wouldn’t know. Don’t really care.

Vandelay Industries 12-04-2020 12:02am

The Kung Flu's defiantly out to get you. :willy::willy::willy:

dvarapala 12-04-2020 1:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Red L98. (Post 1828954)
I missed the employer thought it was funny part. Sry. VJ would probably love to have a husband someday. Maybe. No idea what happens when a person goes through such a transformation. Ask a lib. Or a con. Stuff happens I guess. I wouldn’t know. Don’t really care.

snide 12-04-2020 6:54am

Alway, always, always double-check and triple-check your load. :slap:

:funnier::funnier::funnier:

Rodnok1 12-04-2020 7:01am

Boy you broke all the hauling rules at once, you may need to stay home a few more days.
I knew guys who showed up at the terminal missing trailers, duals or most of their loads.

Aerovette 12-04-2020 8:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1828970)
Boy you broke all the hauling rules at once, you may need to stay home a few more days.
I knew guys who showed up at the terminal missing trailers, duals or most of their loads.

I had to appear in court to save my man card. So many violations. I'm on probation. I'm forced to wearing a tie down for 90 days.

Here's where I really really took a bad turn. Every guy knows, you're supposed to shove or rock the load and declare "That's not going anywhere". Critical step missed.

MadInNc 12-04-2020 8:13am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1828968)

Strap everything is the rule

ToolMaker 12-04-2020 8:14am

From what I have watched on YouTube lately, maybe you should keep an eye out for your trip to appear! Good luck! :lol: :cert:

DAB 12-04-2020 9:24am

Aerovette’s wiring and hauling. We do it all. Just not very well.

04 commemorative 12-04-2020 9:27am

1 Attachment(s)

Millenium Vette 12-04-2020 11:37am

:rofl:

Sounds like your boss is a good dude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Red L98. (Post 1828954)

Lotta writings for not caring

JetMechZ16 12-04-2020 11:41am

I seen em at a vegetable stand.

Ol Timer 12-04-2020 1:34pm

If you try to claim the loss, it’s been reported the street value is $200.

Anjdog2003 12-04-2020 2:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1828968)

I always do when i flush. :yesnod: