The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   A Christmas Miracle (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124201)

RonC5 11-29-2020 1:05pm

A Christmas Miracle

April of 2014 I bought NOS weatherstrip from the other place for $300. A smoking deal as GM just kicked the prices way up as end of required 10 year parts supply neared. New prices ran close to $1200 for the 3 pieces. This was a time when Mom was at end of life with cancer. Workng full time with a hour commute each way, then up to Mom's in Jacksonville Friday nights and back Sunday night. I was scattered to asy the least. Over the Christams break I installed new seat covers in the car and was going to install the new weatherstrip as well. Couln't find it anywhere. I searched the garage several times and could not find it. Figured I tossed the box with recycling during the craziness. We have an air conditioned closet that runs the width of the garage with 3 doors. Decoration behind 1, hand truck, beach chairs etc behind the second. Air handler in the 3rd. While I emptied the decorations to get what we needed and to re-organize eerything, I found a box wedged between to storage bins. I pulled the box out and it was the missing for 6 years weatherstrip. Thought it was gone for ever. Nothing like finding something believed to be lost forever.

Rodnok1 11-29-2020 2:10pm

I'd like to find my sanity one day... Lemme know if run across it.

Rikki Z-06 11-29-2020 3:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1827743)

Fuggin Rod

:funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest:

04 commemorative 11-29-2020 3:55pm

1 Attachment(s)

bill_daniels 11-29-2020 4:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1827743)

Pro-tip: If it wasn't stored in a climate controlled setting all this time, it's probably gotten mildewed and destroyed by mold, and is no good anymore, even if you find it now.

:dance:

Rodnok1 11-29-2020 5:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1827768)
Pro-tip: If it wasn't stored in a climate controlled setting all this time, it's probably gotten mildewed and destroyed by mold, and is no good anymore, even if you find it now.

Kick a brother while he's down will ya.. :kick:

RonC5 11-29-2020 5:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1827768)

RIF... See original post, in an air conditioned closet.