The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   "Black Lives Matter" is full of sh*t... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93794)

lspencer534 01-28-2016 7:25pm

"Black Lives Matter" is full of sh*t...

A new think tank report takes aim at the Black Lives Matter movement’s contention that law enforcement’s use of lethal force unequally targets blacks compared to other racial or ethnic groups.

According to the report by the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, not only are a higher percentage of whites and Hispanics killed by police, the greater threat to blacks comes from violent criminals within their own communities.

The evidence does not support the conclusion that American police are waging a racist war against blacks,” Manhattan senior fellow Heather Mac Donald writes.

“Law enforcement could end all use of lethal force tomorrow, and it would have, at most, a negligible effect on the black death-by-homicide rate, which is driven overwhelmingly by murders committed by other black civilians,” Mac Donald notes.

Black Lives Matter co-founder Alicia Garza is quoted as saying: “It’s also pretty callous, in my opinion, to say ‘all lives matter’ when black folks are being killed every 28 hours by police or vigilantes.”

But Mac Donald points out that blacks actually face a lower level of lethal force by police than either whites or Hispanics.

“Police shootings account for a much smaller share of homicides in the black community than in other communities: 4 percent of black homicide victims are killed by the police, compared with 12 percent of white and Hispanic homicide victims,” she states.

Think Tank: Data Show Black Lives Most Threatened by Violent Criminals, Not the Police

Strats-N-Vettes 01-28-2016 7:38pm

2 Attachment(s)
:yesnod:

boracayjohnny 01-28-2016 7:42pm

Color me stunned at the think tank's findings.

69camfrk 01-28-2016 8:45pm

I call bullshit.. When the hell did we ever consider facts in the equation?:leaving:

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-28-2016 8:53pm

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...psxg6leptp.gif

CertInsaneC5 01-28-2016 8:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1446167)

You need to photochop those wings into a big ol' dick. Would be more accurate.

Aerovette 01-28-2016 10:10pm

Do you know why there is racial profiling?

Because it works.

If you know where all the fish are in the lake, why would you fish anywhere else?

Uncle Meat 01-29-2016 7:50am

Hat to break it to you, but Trump tried re-tweeting this same chart and got called out on it. Not accurate at all.

U.M.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...icide-victims/

https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/a...83903994_1.jpg

Strats-N-Vettes 01-29-2016 8:57am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat (Post 1446272)
Hat to break it to you, but Trump tried re-tweeting this same chart and got called out on it. Not accurate at all.

U.M.

This one seems accurate.....

Norm 01-29-2016 9:35am

How 'bout this...........BLACK GUNS MATTER

http://s22.postimg.org/51z9f4nn5/WP_20141204_002.jpg

6spdC6 01-29-2016 10:06am

Its a well known FACT that the biggest cause of death to young black males is other young black males.

That BLM bullshit is just another way of showing just how stupid and out of touch with the real world that the ghetto black culture has gone.

onedef92 01-29-2016 10:22am

And those bitches had the nerve to call me and ask for a donation!

Sneaks 01-30-2016 8:13am

BLM like so many other "organizations". It's all a scam to get tax free money, in the form of donations, and skim it into their pockets.
Scream about some kind of racial, minority, gay, lesbian, butthurt, my ass hurts, it aint my fault, shit. That way you keep them from seeing what you're actually doing.
Fkers!

Stangkiller 01-30-2016 10:24am

So this study is saying that police killed fewer blacks than whites or Hispanics, then quickly went into saying percentage wise, blacks are killed by blacks. Not considering other percentages and other causes of death, what's the raw numbers by race? That shouldn't take a think tank to figure out.

That said, I absolutely feel BLM is full of shit, it inherently is a racist organization, pushing an agenda, similar to the one it claims its fighting against.

markids77 01-30-2016 9:00pm

Just a few ways BLM could have a positive impact on society...
Suggest everyone stay in school at least through High School.
Provide community based tutelage to assist underperforming students.
Teach young males not to objectify women... they are not "bitches" or "hoes, they are human beings.
Suggest there are better ways to leave a legacy than seeing how many different baby mommas you can collect before someone caps your useless ass.
Inform neighborhoods with drug and crime problems that reporting that sh!t to the popo and bearing witness against the perps so they go away is effective in reducing crime.
Preach support of local businesses and citizens when stuff happens instead of rioting, burning and looting if things are bad.
And finally, send all those professional hellraisers and "civil rights activists" who don't even live in the same State as you home if they "come to help the cause". They don't want to help, they want to fan the flames.

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-30-2016 9:52pm

It's nothing but a bunch of dipshits with no real agenda other than disrupting those of us who contribute. Fuk them, their 'movement' and their asspunching followers. Fuk 'em all.

Bill 01-30-2016 10:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1446897)
Just a few ways BLM could have a positive impact on society...
Suggest everyone stay in school at least through High School.
Provide community based tutelage to assist underperforming students.
Teach young males not to objectify women... they are not "bitches" or "hoes, they are human beings.
Suggest there are better ways to leave a legacy than seeing how many different baby mommas you can collect before someone caps your useless ass.
Inform neighborhoods with drug and crime problems that reporting that sh!t to the popo and bearing witness against the perps so they go away is effective in reducing crime.
Preach support of local businesses and citizens when stuff happens instead of rioting, burning and looting if things are bad.
And finally, send all those professional hellraisers and "civil rights activists" who don't even live in the same State as you home if they "come to help the cause". They don't want to help, they want to fan the flames.

They could also find more sympathetic victims.

mrvette 01-31-2016 12:05pm

Fanning flamers are funded by Soros, how in hell else they get the $$$$ to travel around and food to eat, and a place to stay?? they gotta sleep somewhere.....:issues: