The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rainbow Bridge thread (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119146)

mrvette 08-24-2019 5:55pm

Sick chiwawa age 13 or so.....

Dawg been slowing down a good bit recently, walking/rear hips, hearing/deaf as a stone, and finally eyes and head swelling, and pissing everywhere inside, not shitting at all any more.....Wife's pet, she takes to Vet last monday, and he wasn't told about the bathroom habits......

I just hate her to suffer, much less my wife for the care she is trying.....and too boot, I am leaving town for a week on Thursday AM......lovely.....so just how in the HELL do I get my wife to give up on the damn dawg, and put it down??? SO the Vet gave out some pills/meds and far as I can tell doing no good.....hate to see the dawg suffer, but suspect no pain, due to wife picks it up without any yipping/barking/protest....

what say you all??? :sadangel::sadangel:

NEED-A-VETTE 08-24-2019 10:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1681647)
Dawg been slowing down a good bit recently, walking/rear hips, hearing/deaf as a stone, and finally eyes and head swelling, and pissing everywhere inside, not shitting at all any more.....Wife's pet, she takes to Vet last monday, and he wasn't told about the bathroom habits......

I just hate her to suffer, much less my wife for the care she is trying.....and too boot, I am leaving town for a week on Thursday AM......lovely.....so just how in the HELL do I get my wife to give up on the damn dawg, and put it down??? SO the Vet gave out some pills/meds and far as I can tell doing no good.....hate to see the dawg suffer, but suspect no pain, due to wife picks it up without any yipping/barking/protest....

what say you all??? :sadangel::sadangel:

Maybe you can go to the vet together and talk about options with the vet? It may be easier to get the full picture if you’re both there. :sadangel:

mrvette 08-25-2019 12:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1681656)
Maybe you can go to the vet together and talk about options with the vet? It may be easier to get the full picture if you’re both there. :sadangel:

:sadangel:

Wife declined on me going along....:leaving: I just feel damn sorry for the chickAdee, having to cope with all the family crap.....

But I wuz warned by her oldes son's wife, at the engagement party, she call me aside and stated that I was marrying the only responsible person in the entire family.....how right she was.....well there are 2-3 other exceptions, BUT outta a dozen others.....well.....:slap:

:issues:

pgawit 09-12-2019 8:31am

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/z7...A=s250-k-rw-no

Cody
2007 - 2019
A true friend

snide 09-12-2019 10:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgawit (Post 1683299)

Sorry for your loss. :sadangel:

Black94lt1 09-12-2019 7:49pm

1 Attachment(s)
Today we lost Ariel, she had a great 18 years though 2001-2019 :sadangel:

LilRedCorvette 09-13-2019 10:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgawit (Post 1683299)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black94lt1 (Post 1683350)
Today we lost Ariel, she had a great 18 years though 2001-2019 :sadangel:

So very sorry for your losses. :sadangel: :sadangel:

LilRedCorvette 09-17-2019 7:13pm

1 Attachment(s)
Tough day today. Today is Cosmo's birthday, the first since his passing. He would have been 13 today.

I love you, miss you everyday, and think about you all the time. :sadangel:

BADRACR1 10-11-2019 11:03pm

3 Attachment(s)
Sad news about one of ours today. We have a black Terrier mix named Lil Bit. She is about eleven. We got her as a rescue pup when she was about grown so not sure exactly of her age within a year or so.
Last couple of weeks she began to swell in her belly area. I mean a lot. Last few days she seemed a little bigger each day. I took off work early today and took her to the vet. Tests show her kidneys and liver are functioning well but she is suffering from congestive heart failure. Her valves are weak and allowing fluid to build up.
They drained out a little over a half gallon of fluid. She is still eating and drinking normal and seems to be getting around okay. Doc says she isn't in any pain but the swelling makes her harder to breath and uncomfortable.
We got meds to reduce fluid build up and help her heart work better but it is just a matter of time before she has heart failure. Doc says weeks, maybe a few months. She is a sweet little dog. I plan to do what I can to ensure she has a good quality of life while she can but will not let her suffer.
First pics are from 2013. Last one was tonight. The ottoman in the living room is her "spot".
Attachment 32661

Attachment 32662

Attachment 32663

Aerovette 10-11-2019 11:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADRACR1 (Post 1685496)
Sad news about one of ours today. We have a black Terrier mix named Lil Bit. She is about eleven. We got her as a rescue pup when she was about grown so not sure exactly of her age within a year or so.
Last couple of weeks she began to swell in her belly area. I mean a lot. Last few days she seemed a little bigger each day. I took off work early today and took her to the vet. Tests show her kidneys and liver are functioning well but she is suffering from congestive heart failure. Her valves are weak and allowing fluid to build up.
They drained out a little over a half gallon of fluid. She is still eating and drinking normal and seems to be getting around okay. Doc says she isn't in any pain but the swelling makes her harder to breath and uncomfortable.
We got meds to reduce fluid build up and help her heart work better but it is just a matter of time before she has heart failure. Doc says weeks, maybe a few months. She is a sweet little dog. I plan to do what I can to ensure she has a good quality of life while she can but will not let her suffer.
First pics are from 2013. Last one was tonight. The ottoman in the living room is her "spot".

My best friend's boxer had the exact symptoms and diagnosis. Codi made it about 4 months with minimal signs of an issue. All you can do is spoil her.

BADRACR1 10-12-2019 8:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1685498)
My best friend's boxer had the exact symptoms and diagnosis. Codi made it about 4 months with minimal signs of an issue. All you can do is spoil her.

Mine are all ruined lap dogs already!

LilRedCorvette 10-17-2019 12:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADRACR1 (Post 1685496)
Attachment 32661

Attachment 32662

Attachment 32663

So sorry to read of this news...2 of my boxers had a CHF diagnosis also, so I understand a bit how you're feeling. :sadangel:

04 commemorative 10-21-2019 3:41pm

5 Attachment(s)
We had to put our beloved Ty down this morning......he was the 3 lb poodle we inherited 8 years ago....he was abused by his original owners,breaking his hips and face ! We took him away from them and gave him to wifes cousins who then died......we had him for the last 8 years and all he wanted was someone to love him (which we did) and a lap to sleep on ......RIP TY.....you were the best

Aerovette 10-21-2019 4:16pm

Poor baby. Glad he had a good home.

LilRedCorvette 10-24-2019 8:10pm

My sincerest condolences :sadangel: I know how much it hurts.

BADRACR1 11-03-2019 9:55pm

1 Attachment(s)
Tonight was the night we took Lil Bit to the vet. She was swelled pretty big again and having difficulty breathing. I had to lift her into the car. I sat beside her on the floor and held her head as she took her last breaths 7:54 pm,, 11/03/2019. I buried her in the back yard. You know we all talk a lot of smack on here from time to time but when you hold your little dog's head as she passes you realize you ain't so tough.Attachment 33133

LilRedCorvette 11-03-2019 11:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADRACR1 (Post 1686799)
Tonight was the night we took Lil Bit to the vet. She was swelled pretty big again and having difficulty breathing. I had to lift her into the car. I sat beside her on the floor and held her head as she took her last breaths 7:54 pm,, 11/03/2019. I buried her in the back yard. You know we all talk a lot of smack on here from time to time but when you hold your little dog's head as she passes you realize you ain't so tough.Attachment 33133

So terribly sorry for your loss tonight :sadangel: this time last year Cosmo went to the Rainbow Bridge also. :(

Aerovette 11-03-2019 11:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADRACR1 (Post 1686799)
Tonight was the night we took Lil Bit to the vet. She was swelled pretty big again and having difficulty breathing. I had to lift her into the car. I sat beside her on the floor and held her head as she took her last breaths 7:54 pm,, 11/03/2019. I buried her in the back yard. You know we all talk a lot of smack on here from time to time but when you hold your little dog's head as she passes you realize you ain't so tough.

I don't even try to be tough. It hurts and it shows. They take a piece of your heart with them. Sorry for your loss. :sadangel:

LilRedCorvette 11-03-2019 11:46pm

One year.

1 Attachment(s)
A year ago today Cosmo crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I wish I could say the pain of the loss has gotten easier, but for me it has not. I just can't sugar-coat it at all. It feels like it was just yesterday. :(

Today I spent the day doing what we enjoyed doing together, and that was go for a walk. It was a wonderfully sunny autumn day that he would have loved being outside to soak up with me.

As Cosmo got older, spring and fall were easier for him to walk a little further. Toward the end, he could maybe make it to the lake park down the road...or sometimes just in the neighborhood. When he was a bit younger, we could hike the flatter portions of the Bull Run Occoquan Trail or the Bluebell Trail in Bull Run Park.

So, that's what I did today - a 'Cosmo T. Dog Memorial Hike' of about 4-5 miles of the BROT. It is 18 miles in total, but I just hiked the section that contains a Pet Rock Memorial Pile to place a rock in his honor.

Cosmo, I love you, miss you, and think about you every day :yesnod: I look forward to the day I can see you again in heaven. :angel:

A photo from his younger days...

LilRedCorvette 11-06-2019 11:21pm

1 Attachment(s)
Favorite photo from the hike...Cosmo would have approved of the day :yesnod: