The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Send Me Out of the Spirit in the Sky: Toddler Booted for Eating Without Mask (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125439)

Bill 04-05-2021 1:32pm

Send Me Out of the Spirit in the Sky: Toddler Booted for Eating Without Mask

I'm old enough to remember when flying was actually fun, a pleasant adventure. How sad it has devolved into this.

Dan47 04-05-2021 1:40pm

Yep, I thought we reached rock bottom when TSA started nut juggling passengers. Now those are the good ole days.

04 commemorative 04-05-2021 2:16pm

Unfreaking real

Aerovette 04-05-2021 3:02pm

We went from the passengers and crew having class, to only the crew having class, to no one inside the plane having any class.

I personally would LOVE to see the entire airline industry collapse and have to be built back from the ground up and NEED us for a change.

Dan Dlabay 04-05-2021 3:14pm

This kind of crap has to stop. We are planning a trip to Florida in Nov. and we were going to fly but now screw the airlines we are going to drive.

Steve_R 04-05-2021 3:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1871475)
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...208814083?s=21

I'm old enough to remember when flying was actually fun, a pleasant adventure. How sad it has devolved into this.

Spirit Airlines? Do people really fly on Spirit? Greyhound bus of the airlines.

And yeah, that's beyond stupid.

BayouCountry 04-05-2021 4:29pm

Ok, I’m getting a little slow in my old age. How is the child supposed to eat with a mask on? Asking for a liberal.

I took a lot of beef jerky with me on my last flight to get around the face dipper BS. No one on Delta said a thing. I can eat jerky reeeeaaaally slow.

TripleBlack 04-05-2021 4:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1871509)
Spirit Airlines? Do people really fly on Spirit? Greyhound bus of the airlines.

And yeah, that's beyond stupid.

Spirit is worse than an Uber reeking of stale sweat and substances more foul. You owe Greyhound a sincere apology.

Steve_R 04-05-2021 4:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleBlack (Post 1871517)
Spirit is worse than an Uber reeking of stale sweat and substances more foul. You owe Greyhound a sincere apology.

Yeah, in retrospect you're correct. I'd hitchhike before flying Spirit.

Iron Chef 04-05-2021 4:50pm

I dunno...I might be thanking that crew. Those seats look about as sturdy as 1/8" particle board, and you know damn well that the second that plane hits 20,000 feet, that kid's going to go full howler monkey and start kicking the seat in front of him like a Briggs & Stratton engine on aviation fuel.

MEANZ06 04-05-2021 6:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1871520)
I dunno...I might be thanking that crew. Those seats look about as sturdy as 1/8" particle board, and you know damn well that the second that plane hits 20,000 feet, that kid's going to go full howler monkey and start kicking the seat in front of him like a Briggs & Stratton engine on aviation fuel.

:funnier:

Bill 04-05-2021 6:45pm

No love for the OD-esque thread title?

:toetap:

snide 04-05-2021 8:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1871546)
Spirit In The Sky Norman Greenbaum - YouTube

Yay. You channeled your inner @onedef92. :seasix::seasix:

Oh-yaa 04-05-2021 9:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1871559)
Yay. You channeled your inner @onedef92. :seasix::seasix:

I do miss his headlines. They were good.

TripleBlack 04-05-2021 10:06pm

Quote:

:rofl:
Thanks a lot.! Barely avoided a martini spew though a little bit made it into my nose.

TripleBlack 04-05-2021 10:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1871546)

Actually very OD-ish. I think most of us that have had the misfortune of traveling on Spirit skipped right over it.

To paraphrase my best friends comment about country music, "Spirit is to air travel what Etch-a-Sketch is to art".

snide 04-06-2021 6:04am

I have never flown Spirit, and I never will.

BayouCountry 04-06-2021 6:38am

Quote:

I think you’re on to something. What’s the rest of the plane made of? Balsa wood?

Vandelay Industries 04-06-2021 6:43am

Those are some comfy looking plastic lawn chairs. :rofl:

Iron Chef 04-06-2021 7:07am

My kids always "got sick" when they were little and we flew somewhere: "Ohhh...you look like you don't feel well. Take some Benadryl." By takeoff they were snoozing and everyone enjoyed a pleasant flight. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleBlack (Post 1871567)
:rofl:
Thanks a lot! Barely avoided a martini spew though a little bit made it into my nose.

Unless it was made with Grey Goose, you can afford to spill a little. Glad I could be of help though! :cert: :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayouCountry (Post 1871582)
I think you’re on to something. What’s the rest of the plane made of? Balsa wood?

I can guarantee you that the airframes on Spirit are at minimum 20 years old. That doesn't mean it's bad, but you ain't flying the latest and greatest. As for the seats...I designed aircraft seating for 4 years and the only time I saw seatbacks like those were for a customer who was allowing people to bring their goats and chickens on the plane. Probably Air Haiti...or like that.