The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Top Gear USA (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4194)

Munch 11-21-2010 10:30pm

Top Gear USA

I don't get it, why is this show on? If you get the History channel then you most likely get BBC America so why have 2 different versions of the same show with one just being a poor imitation of the original? I've only watched half so far and am forcing myself to watch the second half just to give it a chance so I'll be back when it's over for my final opinion.

themonk 11-21-2010 10:38pm

I get a bunch of channels including History Channel (West) and I don't get it. :mad:

Munch 11-21-2010 11:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 50268)
I get a bunch of channels including History Channel (West) and I don't get it. :mad:

Maybe you should write a letter to Stephen Harper.:yesnod:

I finished watching the rest of Top Gear USA and it was truly dissapointing at best. The hosts suck all by themselves but when you compare them to Clarkson and the boys then they really, really suck. It might have been better if I had never seen the original Top Gear but I kind of doubt it. I don't really know what else to say so I'll just leave it at that.

03SlowZ06 11-22-2010 12:17am

Darn it. I was worried about this. I really like Top Gear. I had a feeling when hey announced the US series, and hosts that know nothing about cars,it was going to suck.

themonk 11-22-2010 12:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 50271)

I finished watching the rest of Top Gear USA and it was truly dissapointing at best. The hosts suck all by themselves but when you compare them to Clarkson and the boys then they really, really suck. It might have been better if I had never seen the original Top Gear but I kind of doubt it. I don't really know what else to say so I'll just leave it at that.

Actually I live in Steven Harper's MLA riding and he lives about 15 mins from my house, when he's not in Ottawa of course.

Nothing can beat BBC's version of Top Gear, the cinematography is the best I've ever seen of any TV show, Speed Channel's got absolutely nothing that even comes near it except for maybe Supercar Showdown (or whatever TF they call it) with Paul Tracy and Tanner Foust. (hahahahaha)

leec4ce 11-22-2010 7:53am

Top Gear USA sucks :monkeybutt: Now I can't wait for the BBC version of "Pawn Stars"

Lowcash 11-22-2010 7:54am

Yeah that was a complete failure! I started DVR'ing it and stopped it 5minutes in.

I only know Tanner Foust from SpeedTV - SuperCar Showdown. I am not a big fan of that show either; they need to cut the 'tough talk' between tests out and just talk car.

Who are the other 2 people on Top Gear? Were they hired from an 'open call'?

Lowcash 11-22-2010 7:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by leec4ce (Post 50294)
Top Gear USA sucks :monkeybutt: Now I can't wait for the BBC version of "Pawn Stars"

:lolsmile: That would be hilarious!

jeff w 11-22-2010 9:36am

These 3 guys have 0 charisma and are not funny. This season is gonna blow.

NEVRL8T 11-22-2010 10:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 50271)

:iagree:

TripleBlack 11-22-2010 10:59am

It was disappointing. Agree with others... poor choice of hosts. And I cringed when it kicked off with Allman Brothers theme from the original. I expected something with the feel of the original, but not an attempt at an exact copy.

What a great show they could have put together with Leno...

vettex2 11-22-2010 12:09pm

just watch the original no BBC
why bother with imitations ?
imitations are fake
fake is only ok if it concerns boobs :rofl:

themonk 11-22-2010 12:32pm

Quote:

Pawn Stars is a great show, very interesting, however I have to question the legitimacy of it, some of the things that are brought in seem a little too precious to be brought into a hock shop. :skep:

ApexOversteer 11-22-2010 12:51pm

Quote:

They already have it. It's called Antiques Roadshow.

Cobra4B 11-22-2010 2:49pm

I refused to watch because I already knew it would be garbage. Back when this was first being kicked around I know Leno and Adam Corolla (both huge car guys) were approached. Both refused becaue they knew it would never be as good as the BBC show and didn't want to be a part of it.

The BBC show is great because of the chemistry of the hosts, but also because it's produced with government money (one of the few good things about governmetn money!) and not sponsor money. Thus, they don't have to be nice to anyone or talk up anything. Sponsor money is what most US car shows are just big infomercials.

Omega Man 11-22-2010 3:24pm

I made it 10 minutes into the show. It sucked so bad that I killed myself 3 times and still can't get the ****ty show out of my mind.

They should kill the person who came up with the idea.

themonk 11-22-2010 3:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettex2 (Post 50330)
imitations are fake

Really?

Defib1961 11-22-2010 3:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettex2 (Post 50330)
imitations are fake

So you mean my genuine imitation leather isn't real? Or is the imitation leather an imitation of naugahyde? I am confused :confused5:

themonk 11-22-2010 3:51pm

Newsflash everybody, a circle is round!

vettex2 11-22-2010 6:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 50393)
Really?

TRY TO FOLLOW ALONG WILL YA ? :slap:

:lol: