The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C5 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The culprit!! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2769)

1TZSLO 04-30-2010 4:13pm

The culprit!!

Well as you know I have posted about my under the hood/front suspension noise. Well today at hobby shop, I took of and reinstalled the front and rear sway bars and regreased and torqued to spec.

Then I figured I would look up torque specs on the leaf springs. SO I walk up to the front lef spring passenger side rear bolt and well I seen a gap that I could fit a quarter in!!!!:nono: And I could un screw it with my fingers!:toetap:

So go to the driver side and the rear bolt was also loose enuff to take out with my fingers but no gap. So re tightened them and now NO NIOSE
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...00430-1548.jpg

wwomanC6 04-30-2010 5:05pm

:awesome: Sometime those quirks end up being something ya never suspect! Glad ya found it. :cheers:

1TZSLO 04-30-2010 5:29pm

Me too, Even when I took off the sway bars I knew they were torqued properly. so i just re did them , regrease and then well, good thing I wanted to just tighten EVERYTHING! lol
THanks

no more clanking!

Awesome pic huh, camera phone FTW!

And tomorrow is LS6 INTAKE INSTALL!!!

Garb55 04-30-2010 6:16pm

Now you can here the V8 Rumble!! Glad you found it.....

1TZSLO 04-30-2010 6:17pm

Thanks, I am just ready to see the difference in maybe throttle response from putting the ls6 intake on now.

Munch 04-30-2010 9:13pm

Congrats on fixing the problem!:cheers: Glad ya caught it before the bolts fell out.

Good luck with the intake swap.

1TZSLO 04-30-2010 9:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 34536)
Congrats on fixing the problem!:cheers: Glad ya caught it before the bolts fell out.

Good luck with the intake swap.

Thanks it was just by chance I found them. But since I had it up in the air I was like shoot imma tighten EVERYTHING!!! lol:dance:

Sneaks 05-01-2010 6:35am

You probably won't see a great increase in throttle response, unless you're going to a ported TB. You will see a slight increase in torque, and a slightly deeper exhaust tone. Don't forget to make sure you plug the vacuum line at the rear of the intake back in when you do the install. If you don't, you'll be chasing an HVAC problem and won't know why. Also, while you're at it, change out the hard plastic vacuum line for a rubber one. It goes down to the canister under the battery. The line is inside the big wire loom. Just replace it and run the new rubber one down to the canister. Five minutes here and you'll save yourself a lot of headaches later when the hard plastic one breaks, and it will break. They all do eventually.
Glad you got the CLUNK fixed. Them noises can drive you nuts man! :cheers:

1TZSLO 05-01-2010 10:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneaks (Post 34551)
You probably won't see a great increase in throttle response, unless you're going to a ported TB. You will see a slight increase in torque, and a slightly deeper exhaust tone. Don't forget to make sure you plug the vacuum line at the rear of the intake back in when you do the install. If you don't, you'll be chasing an HVAC problem and won't know why. Also, while you're at it, change out the hard plastic vacuum line for a rubber one. It goes down to the canister under the battery. The line is inside the big wire loom. Just replace it and run the new rubber one down to the canister. Five minutes here and you'll save yourself a lot of headaches later when the hard plastic one breaks, and it will break. They all do eventually.
Glad you got the CLUNK fixed. Them noises can drive you nuts man! :cheers:

Thanks man, yeah the noise was irking me lol. and good point on te pipe. gonna push the install back untill next weekend.

But I went to buy a new oil pressure sensor today since my old one is shot. oil pressure reads pegged! So I go to Autozone and their BWD one is like 47 bucks, I told them nah i aint paying that, so they had an ac delco at wards corner for 25. Hell I aint driving out there. So I left and went to pepboys and they had the same thing BWD for the same price.. I told them that autozone had it for 29.99. So they matched the price and I had to buy a fuel line disconnect kit which was 12bucks. then after military discount I paid like 27 bucks for both.

mariofromnewyork 05-01-2010 12:57pm

Thats a deal, well played!

Mario