The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   People SUCK, they really do! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105020)

Fasglas 01-15-2017 11:00am

People SUCK, they really do!

On January 20, DJT WILL be President.

Andrea Bocelli backs out of singing at Trump's inauguration after receiving death threats | Daily Mail Online

Opera star Andrea Bocelli backs out of singing at Trump's inauguration after receiving death threats.

Blind tenor Bocelli announced he would not sing at this Friday's celebration
Widely reported it was because fan said they would boycott his concerts
Revelation came as another singer, Jennifer Holliday, last night pulled out

By Caroline Graham In Los Angeles For The Mail On Sunday
Published: 18:57 EST, 14 January 2017 | Updated: 23:26 EST, 14 January 2017

Opera star Andrea Bocelli backed out of singing at Donald Trump's inauguration after receiving death threats, The Mail on Sunday has learnt.

The revelation came as another singer – Broadway legend Jennifer Holliday – last night pulled out of the President-elect's festivities after being threatened and branded an 'Uncle Tom'.

When blind tenor Bocelli announced he would not sing at this Friday's celebration, it was widely reported it was because fans had said they would boycott his concerts and records.

But a source said the 58-year-old had been determined to 'press ahead' and sing but had pulled out on the advice of his security team after receiving threats to his life.

A source close to Bocelli, a friend of Trump's, said: 'Andrea is very sad to be missing the chance to sing at such a huge global event but he has been advised it is simply not worth the risk.'

Singer Holliday, 56, famed for her performance as Effie in Dreamgirls, had originally said she was 'determined' to sing for Trump despite voting against him.

She also denounced the abuse she was getting and called it an attack on freedom of speech.

However, last night she said that she had not realised her participation in the inauguration show would be interpreted as support for the President-elect.

Holliday, who has performed for the Clintons, both George W Bush and his father, and the Reagans, issued a statement apologising to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender fans for being 'uneducated' on the issues.

She wrote: 'My only choice must now be to stand with the LGBT community and to state unequivocally that I will not perform for the welcome concert or for any of the inauguration festivities.'

Stars including Elton John and Celine Dion have declined invitations to sing at the ceremony. Only a handful of relatively unknown performers have been confirmed, including singer Jackie Evancho, who won America's Got Talent, and country star Toby Keith, who is little known outside the US.

A spokesman for Bocelli declined to comment.

Loco Vette 01-15-2017 11:15am

Effing snowflakes and their temper tantrums

VITE1 01-15-2017 11:17am

Elections have consequences. Bend over liberals and spread them wide. We are not going to use lube.

OddBall 01-15-2017 11:53am

Funny, I don't see this on CNN. Oh wait.....silly me, expecting CNN to report on hate from the left..

04 commemorative 01-15-2017 11:54am

This amazes me

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 01-15-2017 12:17pm

The American Left has revealed its true colours these past few years.
There is NOTHING they wouldn't do to further their power or extract their
revenge on enemies real or suspected. They are the biggest bully in town
while proclaiming their disapproval of bullies. Truth means absolutely nothing
to them. They have proven themselves as the most base tool of evil.

Aerovette 01-15-2017 1:53pm

Why are these people so intimidated?

Shit, invite me. I'll sing my ass off.

They need to drop all the entertainment, do the swearing in, and get to work.

VatorMan 01-15-2017 2:10pm

You have a total Conservative event in the most Democratic, liberal area of the US- expect some issues. I'm headed downtown- wouldn't miss this for anything. This will be must see hysteria !

Kerrmudgeon 01-15-2017 2:11pm

He's the most controversial and disliked president elect in the history of your country. This was to be expected. Get over it. :rubbish:
They have every right to say no, and don't even have to give a reason. :toetap:

JRD77VET 01-15-2017 7:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 1532789)
He's the most controversial and disliked president elect in the history of your country. This was to be expected. Get over it. :rubbish:

The same was said about the current POS who almost ruined our country. NOW we have a chance to straighten it all out and get back on track.

WalkerInTN 01-15-2017 7:40pm

I can understand famous people not wanting to do something that brings death threats.

What's really sad is the people coming with those threats in the first place.

Kerrmudgeon 01-15-2017 9:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1532861)
The same was said about the current POS who almost ruined our country. NOW we have a chance to straighten it all out and get back on track.

Except Obama won by a landslide, whereas Trump didn't even get the majority of the votes. :bilmem:

JRD77VET 01-15-2017 9:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 1532887)
Except Obama won by a landslide, whereas Trump didn't even get the majority of the votes. :bilmem:

He played by the rules and won the electoral college. Popular vote isn't how the game is played.

snide 01-15-2017 9:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1532786)
Why are these people so intimidated?

Nation of pussies.

OddBall 01-15-2017 10:06pm

Quote:

It's not Trump. Libs would have the same tantrum for any republican that would have won.

boracayjohnny 01-15-2017 10:43pm

Quote:

Robbie, you're missing the "how" of the disagreeing. To disagree is fine but there are plenty of libtards going off the deep end, as usual.

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 01-16-2017 12:21am

Quote:

Apples and oranges! The electoral college is how it's played! You've been around long enough to know that.
:slap:

69camfrk 01-16-2017 8:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1532711)
Effing snowflakes and their temper tantrums

:iagree:Liberals are all good and well until they don't get their way, or should I say get all their stuff for free at someone else's expense. Too bad we can't deport them to Syria or somewhere they might fit in. That said, if the shit ever really hits the fan, they will be the first to go, and no one will miss their whining asses. Just my .02!

69camfrk 01-16-2017 8:17am

Quote:

Without the electoral college, it would be nothing more than mob rule. It is a good thing it was set up that way by the founding fathers. Most of the country wanted nothing to do with Hitlery, but huge concentrations of the U.S. population ie: California, New York City, and anywhere with illegals voting could sway the election. Hell, even if Hitlery was elected, I dang sure would not have liked it, but since I have a job to go to, to support my family and put a roof over my head, I damn sure wouldn't be trying to disrupt things to the extent they do. I would be too busy....ummmmm.....working.....