The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   A Karen in the Wild (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128906)

DAB 06-30-2022 5:28pm

A Karen in the Wild

so we went to Homey Depot today, Linda was feeling well enough to go out and look at some plants. I grabbed the rest of our list from the store (paint, weather stripping, ant killer, Round up, and some compost for her plants).

we had parked near the garden area, to minimize the distance Linda would have to travel, and we ended up with the spot right next to the covered cart corral. looks like a beat up metal carport thing. normally, you find shopping carts there, and that's where we grabbed the ones we needed.

We go in, get our stuffs, pay for said stuffs, and meet back at the car. As I approach, i see a large white SUV parked under the cover of the cart corral.

yes....a Karen. frumpy, flowing, ill fitting dress thing, and her little brown yappy dog in his little carrier.

"ma'am, that's not a parking space"

"well, i've seen others park here before'

"ma'am, that's not a parking space"

and off she trundles. moments later, Linda joins me, and is equally amazed at the cluelessness of the Karen. I make a point to place both of our carts in the cart corral as best I could, lightly wedging them between the vertical post and her rear bumper. wonder how mad she was when she got back and had to handle 2 extra shopping carts just to drive out of the space.

that's right Karen, Home Depot has ONE covered parking space, and it's just for YOU!!!

sorry, didn't get a pic.

theandies 06-30-2022 5:34pm

My wife's name is Karen and she is the sweetest thing on earth. I hate that ****ing term.
JUST CALL THEM BITCHES LIKE NORMAL. THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE.

Rodnok1 06-30-2022 5:51pm

That's not a "Karen"...that's a dumbass. I would have gathered all the carts i could find and put behind her vehicle...

GTOguy 06-30-2022 5:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by theandies (Post 1966900)
My wife's name is Karen and she is the sweetest thing on earth. I hate that ****ing term.

I agree. I'm 61, and literally, every girl/woman I've known who was named Karen was a first class person. Never met one with a bad or nasty disposition.

Loco Vette 06-30-2022 7:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by theandies (Post 1966900)

Same here except it's my sister, not my wife.

JRD77VET 06-30-2022 7:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 1966905)
I agree. I'm 61, and literally, every girl/woman I've known who was named Karen was a first class person. Never met one with a bad or nasty disposition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1966942)
Same here except it's my sister, not my wife.

My Aunt Karen ( Mom's younger sister) is an entitled , spoiled brat which fulfills the stereotype of a "Karen".
(example of the entitlement, when Grammie died, Karen all but demanded that she alone should be given the house because she was the youngest and didn't get to spend as much time with Mom. The house is at 650 Lily St in Monterey CA. At the time it was was worth about $900K )

My friend Jay's wife is Karen and she is a sweetheart.

zeek 06-30-2022 7:33pm

Sounds like YOU were being the Karen....:D She was just an ignorant bitch...:yesnod:

Learpilot 06-30-2022 9:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 1966905)

You haven't met my Karen!! She's Italian !! Anyone married to an Italian knows what I'm talking about

Murray 07-01-2022 6:41am

Pretty sure you’re confused as to whom was the Karen

Don Rickles 07-01-2022 6:47am

To be clear.......

Karen
[ kair-in ]

Published July 30, 2020
WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?
Karen is a pejorative slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilege to get her way or police other people’s behaviors.

As featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being an anti-vaxx , Generation X soccer mom.

In 2020, Karen spread as a label used to call out white women who were captured in viral videos engaging in what are widely seen as racist acts.

Learpilot 07-01-2022 10:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 1967001)
To be clear.......

Karen
[ kair-in ]

Published July 30, 2020
WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?
Karen is a pejorative slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilege to get her way or police other people’s behaviors.

As featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being an anti-vaxx , Generation X soccer mom.

In 2020, Karen spread as a label used to call out white women who were captured in viral videos engaging in what are widely seen as racist acts.

you say that like its a bad thing :rofl:

Iron Chef 07-01-2022 11:13am

I don't deal with these low-enders. If what they're saying or doing doesn't directly affect me, I pay no attention and go about my business. I have bigger fish to fry and in this case, someone parking in a spot where they shouldn't is Home Depot's problem, not yours.

That said, good to hear Linda was out and about. :seasix:

theandies 07-01-2022 11:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1966945)
My Aunt Karen ( Mom's younger sister) is an entitled , spoiled brat which fulfills the stereotype of a "Karen".
(example of the entitlement, when Grammie died, Karen all but demanded that she alone should be given the house because she was the youngest and didn't get to spend as much time with Mom. The house is at 650 Lily St in Monterey CA. At the time it was was worth about $900K )

My friend Jay's wife is Karen and she is a sweetheart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 1967001)
To be clear.......

Karen
[ kair-in ]

Published July 30, 2020
WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?

I don't give a shit and I reject anyone that uses this. THEY ARE BITCHES not Karen.

EAT A BAG OF DICKS.

Learpilot 07-01-2022 11:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1967056)
I don't deal with these low-enders. If what they're saying or doing doesn't directly affect me, I pay no attention and go about my business. I have bigger fish to fry and in this case, someone parking in a spot where they shouldn't is Home Depot's problem, not yours.

This ^^^^^^

DAB 07-01-2022 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1967056)

she was occupying where our carts went, thus, she was affecting our returning the carts to where we got them.

Mike Mercury 07-01-2022 12:30pm

I've also noticed that the "Karens" of the world are kinda plump.

Learpilot 07-01-2022 1:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1967076)
I've also noticed that the "Karens" of the world are kinda plump.

Thats being kind

zeek 07-01-2022 6:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1967067)
she was occupying where our carts went, thus, she was affecting our returning the carts to where we got them.

Sounds like something a Karen would say....:yesnod: Who GAF where you leave your carts...:confused5:

JRD77VET 07-01-2022 7:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by theandies (Post 1967065)
I don't give a shit and I reject anyone that uses this. THEY ARE BITCHES not Karen.

EAT A BAG OF DICKS.

Ah, shit. I'm out of FUCKS to give :D

I'll describe them as I see fit. Who died and made you god?

Millenium Vette 07-01-2022 8:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1967067)

You should have asked for the manager. :leaving: