The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Island14 (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58766)

'77Babe 11-07-2013 2:50am

Wow, I hope Tim's family and neighbors get away with just minimal damage. :angel:

xXBUDXx 11-07-2013 6:58am

Hoping for the best, Tim

OddBall 11-07-2013 8:08am

Check in with us if you can, Tim. We're worried about ya.

DukeAllen 11-07-2013 8:12am

We expect you to come back ok, reporting that nothing bad happened except it was the wildest blow job you ever had :seasix:

VITE1 11-07-2013 8:20am

:angel:

island14 11-07-2013 9:19am

I just took my family to high ground in case of Storm surge, as we are only about 1 meter above high tide, and our seawall is about a meter tall.

I really think the outer islands will take the storm surge hit the most, but I read somewhere in the news that the storm surge could be as high as 18 feet, so not taking any chances for my kids.

The rains have just started, and already the wind is starting to pick up.

We are on Bantayan Island, some are reporting signal 4, and some news are reporting signal 5.. either way... this is going to be a rough ride tonight.
More Philippine provinces under storm signal number 4 as Typhoon Yolanda intensifies | Sun.Star

I’m staying here at the house tonight with my brother in law, and lots of spare rope to try to save the house the best we can.

Here in awhile when the electric goes off, I will wrap the computer and electronics in plastic in case the roof goes.

I will let you know when it is over, but expect the power to be out for a few days..

I have a case of Rhum waiting for after the storm passes. :D
(no drinking tonight here)

Cheers!

Tim

Cybercowboy 11-07-2013 9:22am

High ground and rhum, sounds like about all you can reasonably do! Good luck sir!

Hoog 11-07-2013 9:23am

Take care, man.

Stangkiller 11-07-2013 9:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1066109)
I just took my family to high ground in case of Storm surge, as we are only about 1 meter above high tide, and our seawall is about a meter tall.

I really think the outer islands will take the storm surge hit the most, but I read somewhere in the news that the storm surge could be as high as 18 feet, so not taking any chances for my kids.

The rains have just started, and already the wind is starting to pick up.

We are on Bantayan Island, some are reporting signal 4, and some news are reporting signal 5.. either way... this is going to be a rough ride tonight.
More Philippine provinces under storm signal number 4 as Typhoon Yolanda intensifies | Sun.Star

I’m staying here at the house tonight with my brother in law, and lots of spare rope to try to save the house the best we can.

Here in awhile when the electric goes off, I will wrap the computer and electronics in plastic in case the roof goes.

I will let you know when it is over, but expect the power to be out for a few days..

I have a case of Rhum waiting for after the storm passes. :D
(no drinking tonight here)

Cheers!

Tim

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you found some higher ground for your family! Stay safe!

Any chances I can convince you to just tie down what you can and take the rhum to higher ground with your family?! There's no saving anything from an 18' storm surge.

boracayjohnny 11-07-2013 9:36am

http://i.imgur.com/Zgw26gU.jpg

Seriously, Tim, a home can be replaced as well as the things inside. You cannot. Join the family at higher ground.

Rob 11-07-2013 9:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1066118)

Seriously, Tim, a home can be replaced as well as the things inside. You cannot. Join the family at higher ground.

:iagree:

boracayjohnny - is this storm going to hit you as well?

simpleman68 11-07-2013 9:40am

Catch you on the other side of this one brutha :cert:
Scott

island14 11-07-2013 9:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddBall (Post 1065916)
Damn, Tim. Looking at the storm tracking map, The eye of that thing is aimed right at you! Stay safe man. :angel:

Yep, straight at us.... :yesnod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1066113)
Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you found some higher ground for your family! Stay safe!

Any chances I can convince you to just tie down what you can and take the rhum to higher ground with your family?! There's no saving anything from an 18' storm surge.

Actually it was you guys here talking about it that made me start searching more... :seasix:

Like I said, I don't really think the storm surge will be much here as the outer islands are going to take the hit.. but didn't want to chance it for my kids.

I'm thinking if sections of roof start to take off in the wind, we can tie it down to save it like we did the last time.

One of my local buddies here offered to bring me a big rope so we could tie the house down to some coconut trees.. :Jeff '79:

Oh hell no... I told him.... I have seen how much they sway in the wind and it would probably just jerk our house out from it's roots... :lol:

boracayjohnny 11-07-2013 9:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1066119)
:iagree:

boracayjohnny - is this storm going to hit you as well?

Actually, I've been in San Antonio for some time now....just haven't got around to changing my location. However, the wife is still in Angeles and isn'tconcerned about things since she's been through many typhoons. This one seems to be striking the Angeles area with the edge. Another report from someone living there is saying right now there isn't any wind and no rain.

Stangkiller 11-07-2013 9:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1066127)
Yep, straight at us.... :yesnod:

Actually it was you guys here talking about it that made me start searching more... :seasix:

Like I said, I don't really think the storm surge will be much here as the outer islands are going to take the hit.. but didn't want to chance it for my kids.

I'm thinking if sections of roof start to take off in the wind, we can tie it down to save it like we did the last time.

One of my local buddies here offered to bring me a big rope so we could tie the house down to some coconut trees.. :Jeff '79:

Oh hell no... I told him.... I have seen how much they sway in the wind and it would probably just jerk our house out from it's roots... :lol:

:rofl: There's a story going around florida:

A guy took delivery of a brand new boat on a trailer just in time for a hurricane to come through. He did every thing he could think of to prepare the boat, put covers and tarps over it, and parked it between two palm trees and strapped it down.

The covers ripped off the boat, the trees were blown away, but the boat filled with water and was right where he left it. :rofl:

...Whitepower... 11-07-2013 10:34am

Super Typhoon Aims for Philippines; Thousands Flee - SKYE on AOL

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-07-2013 11:04am

Stay safe Tim. This thing is making the national news. Looks like a monster.

Loco Vette 11-07-2013 11:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat (Post 1064668)
In all seriousness, keep your head down Island14 and watch out for the flying coconuts!

U.M.

:iagree::willie::iagree::willie::iagree::willie:

OddBall 11-07-2013 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1066118)

:iagree: What Johnny said.

OddBall 11-07-2013 12:12pm

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ps3c8ad15e.jpg