The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Answer me this.... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120294)

Rob 09-18-2019 12:19pm

Answer me this....

If Iran is behind the attack on Saudi Arabia....Why are we involved in all of the intelligence and appear to be on the hook for being the ones to condemn the attacks as well as the ones that have to “substantially increase sanctions”?

carlton_fritz 09-18-2019 12:27pm

Maybe Saudi Arabia is just going to attack instead of talk.

Mike Mercury 09-18-2019 12:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1683822)
Maybe Saudi Arabia is just going to attack instead of talk.

Wouldn't that be great if it were to happen?

bill_daniels 09-18-2019 12:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1683820)
If Iran is behind the attack on Saudi Arabia....Why are we involved in all of the intelligence and appear to be on the hook for being the ones to condemn the attacks as well as the ones that have to “substantially increase sanctions”?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...05447513186304

If a military fight is to occur, it needs to be between S.A. and Iran. The US has an interest in this, and I'm perfectly OK with more economic sanctions, although I thought we were already at 'maximum pressure.' How much more than maximum is there?

Rob 09-18-2019 12:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1683824)
If a military fight is to occur, it needs to be between S.A. and Iran. The US has an interest in this, and I'm perfectly OK with more economic sanctions, although I thought we were already at 'maximum pressure.' How much more than maximum is there?

oil?

bill_daniels 09-18-2019 12:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1683823)
Wouldn't that be great if it were to happen?

Yes and no. An actual direct war, vs. the proxy war Iran and S.A. are currently fighting in Yemen, would solidify the Iranian government, and galvanize their people behind the government, which is what the mullahs obviously want.

If S.A. is to retaliate, it needs to be more of a tit-for-tat strike, maybe hitting Iran's missile and drone capability? A full scale war is not good for us, for the rest of the world, not good for S.A. and not good for the Iranian people, a significant portion of which might prefer not to live under an Islamic theocracy.

bill_daniels 09-18-2019 12:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1683825)
oil?

Oil is a world commodity, so yes. Watch the gas pumps near your house in the coming weeks. This attack just cost you, and every other person on the planet, real money in the form of higher energy prices, even though the US has plenty of oil.

We also have an interest in Muslim terror. The current S.A. leader, MbS, had demonstrated a willingness to play ball in that arena. He jailed and stripped money from other royal family members who supported terrorism. He had the Muslim Brotherhood mouthpiece Khashoggi chopped up. MbS seems to be a Muslim we can work with. Trust, but verify, and all that. I'd like to see him do more to stop S.A.'s mosque building spree world wide though.

Compare and contrast with the Iranian leaders, who are in-your-face backing Muslim terrorists.

Broken Wind 09-18-2019 12:54pm

It’s the burden of being a world leader. In spite of what the media would have us think, people still look to us for leadership.

Lakota 09-18-2019 2:07pm

I'm sick of the USA being the Policeman and 911 of the world. Let SA and Iran solve their own problems.

Aerovette 09-18-2019 5:58pm

Maybe the Saudis can make up for all their anti-American (while shaking our hands) bullshit and blast the hell out of anything nuke related that Iran has. I'd be willing to turn the other cheek to the (some of) Saudi's crap if they did that.

Aerovette 09-18-2019 6:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakota (Post 1683832)
I'm sick of the USA being the Policeman and 911 of the world. Let SA and Iran solve their own problems.

An acquaintance from Pakistan was asked about this and the response was..."We don't like the US being the world police BUT, if there has to be a world police, we are glad it is the US".

carlton_fritz 09-18-2019 8:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1683827)
Oil is a world commodity, so yes. Watch the gas pumps near your house in the coming weeks. This attack just cost you, and every other person on the planet, real money in the form of higher energy prices, even though the US has plenty of oil.

We also have an interest in Muslim terror. The current S.A. leader, MbS, had demonstrated a willingness to play ball in that arena. He jailed and stripped money from other royal family members who supported terrorism. He had the Muslim Brotherhood mouthpiece Khashoggi chopped up. MbS seems to be a Muslim we can work with. Trust, but verify, and all that. I'd like to see him do more to stop S.A.'s mosque building spree world wide though.

Compare and contrast with the Iranian leaders, who are in-your-face backing Muslim terrorists.

Coming weeks? Local stations already jumped.

slewfoot 09-18-2019 8:30pm

News was saying tonight the Saudis and US was caught off guard on this. From another view here is this was a good thing in that Iran has demonstated what they can do at a specific level and with accuracy.

This isn't scud missle technology anymore where a rocket is stuffed in a camels mouth and launched by pounding down onhis nuts and hope for the best.

Now that this has been seen, new measures and strategy will be done. Iran has been a pain in the ass since I started flying in th Army back in 75 with the hostages a couple years later.

The purpose of sanctions is get the people to uprise against their own government. Iran is saying if you don't slack off, we will continue. Remember the Libya Airstikes back in 2011?

I think once this puzzle has been put together, we'll turn on the news one morning to see a repeat in Iran.

Aerovette 09-18-2019 9:17pm

Trump is to America as America is to the world. There are deep hater countries and embracing countries. Sanctions or no sanctions, Iran will never be an ally. Iran will never cooperate. They will do enough visible bad, that it creates a smokescreen for what they are really up to. Like a magician, what you CAN'T/DON'T see is what is really happening.

JRD77VET 09-18-2019 9:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 1683866)
News was saying tonight the Saudis and US was caught off guard on this. From another view here is this was a good thing in that Iran has demonstated what they can do at a specific level and with accuracy.

This isn't scud missle technology anymore where a rocket is stuffed in a camels mouth and launched by pounding down onhis nuts and hope for the best.

Now that this has been seen, new measures and strategy will be done. Iran has been a pain in the ass since I started flying in th Army back in 75 with the hostages a couple years later.

The purpose of sanctions is get the people to uprise against their own government. Iran is saying if you don't slack off, we will continue. Remember the Libya Airstikes back in 2011?

I think once this puzzle has been put together, we'll turn on the news one morning to see a repeat in Iran.

This event creates more questions than answers. Is Iran getting desperate due to sanctions? The sanctions have greatly reduced income. The "oil hit" was probably a calculated move to drive up prices as they can only get so much oil out of the country ( thanks to china for buying their oil --assholes)

Were the missiles and drones iranian design or chinese ( or other country/ russian) ? They just had a real world test flying into SA air space.

We have another carrier group ( minus the aircraft carrier ) heading to the area. Maybe a massive swarm of missiles and laser guided missiles to retaliate?

Maybe supply a friendly country with armorment to do the hit? Israel doesn't want them to get too close to atomic weapons.

Also, Libya quieted right down after we stuck a cruise missile into gaddafi's bedroom window.

SnikPlosskin 09-18-2019 9:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1683850)
An acquaintance from Pakistan was asked about this and the response was..."We don't like the US being the world police BUT, if there has to be a world police, we are glad it is the US".

This is definitely the attitude in Afghanistan among the locals. They hate the Taliban.

I hope SA amd Israel team up and take out oil and other tactical sites. That’s the way to go. America applies diplomatic and economic pressure, SA amd Israel have US weapons and training with support from Joint Special Operations Command.

I see no reason for us to hit directly.

mrvette 09-19-2019 2:12am

The solution is SO damn easy, it's pathetic, shituation fixed permanently and forever in about a day, maybe less......

hit that underground bunker of iran's.....where the nuky crap is going on, blast every opening, they die underground.....if necessary, collapse the roof...go nuky if necessary....

and at same time, maybe 15 minits later.....blast all of the electric plants in ALL of islam darkness, no comm of any type, no lights, no WATER, no transportation, they run genracs until their tanks run dry....

maybe hit any refineries they have.....

when I say ALL of islam, I mean ALL, from west Africa all the way around to south Pakistan....let India take over in paki land....

SO, when that happens, all the folks grab a camel and find a oasis, like 200 years ago......

I post this 'final' solution to islam all the time, and get NO responses I guess because everyone knows I"m right, just too scared to admit it.....

:issues:

boracayjohnny 09-19-2019 4:20am

I won't say carrying SAs water is good or bad. I'll suggest there's plenty going on behind the scenes that probably won't see the light of day. There's some folks doing the right thing and furthering the security of the US. Oh yea, and there's a dumbass in the corner fukking up too.

Rob 09-19-2019 5:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 1683866)
The purpose of sanctions is get the people to uprise against their own government. Iran is saying if you don't slack off, we will continue. .

I agree with this, and yes the sanctions are working. Problem is the radicals in the country are not just in the leadership positions. A large portion of the Iranian people want to be like Western society (us) but their government sees no benefit (or profit for themselves) in that.

VITE1 09-19-2019 2:00pm

Our failure with Iran started in 1979 when we failed to carper bomb them around the clock after they took our embassy personnel captive.

And whenever these scumbags got caught being behind attacks like the Marine in Lebanon up to the bounties offered for dead Americans in Afghanistan and Iraq we emboldened them.

Add in that if global oil prices spike the probability of a global economic slowdown or recession grows exponentially.

This is what happens when you do not come down hard on fanatical behavior when it first raises it ugly head.