The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   When does the hunting season for Liberals start?- (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113388)

lspencer534 11-06-2017 10:50am

When does the hunting season for Liberals start?-

A "Friend" of mine posted this on FaceBook: "As my colleagues go to sleep tonight, they need to think about whether the political support of the gun industry is worth the blood that flows endlessly onto the floors of American churches, elementary schools, movie theaters, and city streets. Ask yourself – how can you claim that you respect human life while choosing fealty to weapons-makers over support for measures favored by the vast majority of your constituents." She was quoting Sen. Chris Murphy (D- Conn).

I replied to her post like this: "Two very recent polls say just the opposite of your claim that a 'vast majority' support gun control laws. A Gallup Poll on 10-05-17 asked, "Do you think there should or should not be a law that would ban the possession of handguns, except by the police and other authorized persons?"

28% said "Yes" [There should be a law], 71% said "No", and 1% had no opinion. A PEW Research Poll in April, 2017, had almost identical results. Hardly a vast majority, don't you think?"

I then posted my own thread:

Folks, I know that Liberals hardly ever use facts that don't fit their narrative, but please do some research about the Church shooting in Sutherland Springs, TX.

A gunman walked into a small Baptist church in rural Texas on Sunday and opened fire with a rifle, killing at least 26 people and turning a tiny town east of San Antonio into the scene of the country’s most recent mass horror.
Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas confirmed the death toll, which has steadily increased throughout the day after the shooting at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs. A pregnant woman and children were among the dead, and the authorities said at least 20 people were also injured.

Initially, it seemed like people were trying to figure out whether or not the suspect was killed by police or if he killed himself.

Turns out there is another wrinkle: The shooter stopped the killing after a local citizen chased after him with a rifle. Looks like a classic case of a bad guy with a gun stopped by a good guy with a gun.

Had this local not shown up it looks like more people would have been killed. Please do your own research before buying into politicized Liberal opinion.
It's been proven again and again that the Cities with the most murders have the strictest gun control laws and that Cities that permit carrying of a gun by its citizens have the lowest murder rates. As usual, Democrats will pretend we could have legislated this tragedy away. That's not the case here.

OddBall 11-06-2017 4:03pm

Glad you called her on her "facts".

And to answer her question, I sleep quite while respecting both human life and my second amendment rights. You can quote her the stats, but it's not going to do any good.
Just let her know what she can do with that self righteousness pedestal she's standing on.