The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Moving sucks. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125435)

DJ_Critterus 04-04-2021 7:59pm

Moving sucks.

Haven't been at mom and dad's house for a couple of years, but moved my stuff I had stored there into my new digs....no roomates. I love it.

the first day was my band trailer and audio gear. I didn't realize I had so much. Could probably set up two full bands minus one drum kit.... singer, lead, rhythm, bass, keyboard, PA, subs, mixers, etc....

@nd day was all my furniture and stuff from storage. Got all the TVs and electronics set up along with the bed and all my clothing ( I collect T-shirts) hung up. Now I need to get my new sectional Wednesday and I'm done.

Well, all my guns and everything are coming this week but at night so nobody asks a lot of questions, but I have a nice deep, large lake in my apartment complex where I will store them.

The peace and quiet is amazing, the nieghbors are quiet, and I don't hear any footsteps or anything from the neighbors upstairs. Also, I'm at the end of the buliding on the first floor and guess what the last parking space right outside my door is. Yep, it's the handicrap spot. So covenient. Place came with all appliances except a microwave, but I had that covered. Loving it. Bring on the hookers and blow.

I'm loving life right now....even got the full cable package, but might cut out TV service, stick with streaming that comes with interwebs, and use my fmovies.to site (with adblock ultimate and windows defender) to watch movies and TV shows free.

Life is getting better and I can't bitch about anything right now.

Steve_R 04-04-2021 8:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1871325)

:cert:

snide 04-04-2021 8:06pm

:thumbs::thumbs:

z06psi 04-04-2021 8:12pm

Quote:

Haven't been at mom and dad's house for a couple of years, but moved my stuff I had stored there into my new digs....no roomates. I love it.

the first day was my band trailer and audio gear. I didn't realize I had so much. Could probably set up two full bands minus one drum kit.... singer, lead, rhythm, bass, keyboard, PA, subs, mixers, etc....

@nd day was all my furniture and stuff from storage. Got all the TVs and electronics set up along with the bed and all my clothing ( I collect T-shirts) hung up. Now I need to get my new sectional Wednesday and I'm done.

Well, all my guns and everything are coming this week but at night so nobody asks a lot of questions, but I have a nice deep, large lake in my apartment complex where I will store them.

The peace and quiet is amazing, the nieghbors are quiet, and I don't hear any footsteps or anything from the neighbors upstairs. Also, I'm at the end of the buliding on the first floor and guess what the last parking space right outside my door is. Yep, it's the handicrap spot. So covenient. Place came with all appliances except a microwave, but I had that covered. Loving it. Bring on the hookers and blow.

I'm loving life right now....even got the full cable package, but might cut out TV service, stick with streaming that comes with interwebs, and use my fmovies.to site (with adblock ultimate and windows defender) to watch movies and TV shows free.

When is VJ moving in?

Rikki Z-06 04-04-2021 8:14pm

Rock on John :cert:

Stop by for a visit when you're in our hood :cert:

MadInNc 04-04-2021 8:34pm

Bought time.... congrats🍾

Re: moving. We’ve been downsizing w luxury of moving in when we want. Still all I’ve been doing is moving 6-9 bins per day. Every other day same number of bins to the dump.... gotta do it. Moving blows big time

Rikki Z-06 04-04-2021 8:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1871331)
Bought time.... congrats🍾

Re: moving. We’ve been downsizing w luxury of moving in when we want. Still all I’ve been doing is moving 6-9 bins per day. Every other day same number of bins to the dump.... gotta do it. Moving blows big time

:withstupid:

MEANZ06 04-05-2021 12:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 (Post 1871334)
:withstupid:

Moving sucks.

Can't agree more :yesnod: Although our recent move went well. They came the day before the move, packed up what we hadn't already packed. The next day was at our place at 8am with 2 trucks & 5 guys, packed it by order of what we wanted with us vs what went to storage. Didn't finish until 10pm $3k

Now on the other hand, the neighbor across the street here was moving to Ohio shortly after we got here and he had a "moving company" do his move. They didn't answer his calls, when they did, it was a "Hello" not "Thank you for calling XXX moving company" (red flag). He packed all his stuff already they had no packing to do. They called and said they were going to be a day late (red flag). 3 guys finally showed up with a 24' box van (red flag), spent all day packing it up, in between playing on skateboards and bullshit to realize it wouldn't all fit. at the end they were going to strap the bed to the back door (we didn't let them) calls were made to get more cash for the move. Not happening with these guys. What happened was he called "XXX moving company" which was a broker and farmed it out to the cheapest (if $8k is cheap) guys to do it. in the end he got a freight line to spot a 24' pup on the street and all of us neighbors loaded it and sent it.

Watching that shitshow made me appreciate our movers even more :yesnod:

But yeah, moving sucks!

Giraffe (He/Him) 04-05-2021 5:02am

How to properly introduce yourself.

DJ_Critterus 04-05-2021 7:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1871328)
When is VJ moving in?

As soon as you clear out your spare bedroom for him.

DJ_Critterus 04-05-2021 7:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasTheGiraffe (Post 1871355)
How to properly introduce yourself.

https://youtu.be/nalch4QXtKc

Possible! The living room is starting to come together. Just need to fix the shelf on the TV stand, hook up the TV, and put my new sectional couch in Wednesday.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...79&oe=609156E5

BayouCountry 04-05-2021 7:44am

Looks like you are on the home stretch. Enjoy!

mrvette 04-05-2021 7:44am

Yeh, back in '97 I visited Jax Fl. for a week, cyber friend Donna....and so drove back north, not a week later I had a loball offer on my house in the Wash DC region....I took it, as having a shitty skeleton and 4' of driveway snow, so moved all my shit to my sister's place/my garage in Pa.....many trips, settled on house, and drove south here, looking for a house, shopped the town for several daze, saw many houses with water issues, drainage/etc....garages showing wood siding water damage, every damn ONE of them.....

gave up and flipped down to the burb of Orange Park, stopped off at realtors, and picked up a bunch of listings and a map.....found this joint....side of hill, large driveway, 2 car garage, side shed that I added on to.....built a room addition out back 300' and due to a tear out, put on an aluminum/glass atrium off the kitchen, and for free got a thermal slider door off a job site, customer wanted a hinge door set for their kitchen.....stupid.......

the move south was in a ~24' truck from U haul, added a trailer for my vette on back from another rental outfit, drove it all south by end of May, settlement on this house......2 day drive, speed limited in truck to only 65mph.....

and so met my BEST wife, #3 here some 22 years ago, and we had our 20th anniv......last Feb......

:shots::dance::D

Norm 04-05-2021 9:45am

Good for you, I'm sure you'll make the best of it. :seasix:

Hardluck 04-05-2021 1:31pm

Quote:

Just give it a few more hours and go EABOD's!

JetMechZ16 04-05-2021 1:52pm

Quote:

The title to the thread is "Moving sucks" sounds like bitching to me.:yesnod:

NEED-A-VETTE 04-05-2021 2:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1871380)
Possible! The living room is starting to come together. Just need to fix the shelf on the TV stand, hook up the TV, and put my new sectional couch in Wednesday.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...79&oe=609156E5

Looks like it’s coming together nicely. Congrats on the new place!

Hardluck 04-05-2021 6:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1871491)
Looks like it’s coming together nicely. Congrats on the new place!

Y you so nice all the time?:confused5:

dvarapala 04-05-2021 6:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardluck (Post 1871541)

She's Need-A-Vette(man-Jack). :yesnod:

NEED-A-VETTE 04-05-2021 6:48pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardluck (Post 1871541)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1871545)
She's Need-A-Vette(man-Jack). :yesnod:

Attachment 55213