The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Prayer Warriors - Pray for a reprieve to the rain in Houston (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111375)

VetteBoy1979 08-27-2017 8:39pm

Prayer Warriors - Pray for a reprieve to the rain in Houston

If it is God's will pray for relief from the rain. It's getting real now. The flood control district needs to start releasing water from the Buffalo Bayou watershed sooner than 2 am tomorrow. Otherwise, a good portion of Katy will be underwater. Although, the release will cause much flooding down stream as well.

Stangkiller 08-27-2017 9:27pm

Man were watching this closely, please keep us posted and let u know if we can do anything to help.

04 commemorative 08-27-2017 9:30pm

We went through Super Storm Sandy,destroyed and almost 5 years to get back....we feel your pain and wife and I are considering coming down to see how we could help.
Prayers are with you all.:sadangel:

TripleBlack 08-27-2017 9:57pm

Probably too late to offer, but I have 3 spare bedrooms in Keller (DFW area) if anyone need a place to crash.

OddBall 08-27-2017 10:14pm

:angel: Sent

vetteman9368 08-27-2017 11:14pm

Prayers sent!

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 08-28-2017 12:36am

Sent.

mrvette 08-28-2017 3:28am

Ditto, Sent.....krazy krap weather.....

Bill 08-28-2017 4:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VetteBoy1979 (Post 1581160)
If it is God's will pray for relief from the rain. It's getting real now. The flood control district needs to start releasing water from the Buffalo Bayou watershed sooner than 2 am tomorrow. Otherwise, a good portion of Katy will be underwater. Although, the release will cause much flooding down stream as well.

The sad thing is, they aren't releasing water from the dams to help you, they are opening the spillways because the dam will fail if they don't.

This should be good news for you anyway, though. I'm guessing you are around Cinco somewhere?

VetteBoy1979 08-28-2017 5:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1581209)
The sad thing is, they aren't releasing water from the dams to help you, they are opening the spillways because the dam will fail if they don't.

This should be good news for you anyway, though. I'm guessing you are around Cinco somewhere?

Hey Bill, Greenbusch and Gaston, across from Thompkins HS. I'm aware of the reasons, but also a bit nervous to the possible repercussions. The lack of rain overnight provided much relief, let's hope the new rainfall rate is nothing like yesterday.

Bill 08-28-2017 5:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VetteBoy1979 (Post 1581211)
Hey Bill, Greenbusch and Gaston, across from Thompkins HS. I'm aware of the reasons, but also a bit nervous to the possible repercussions. The lack of rain overnight provided much relief, let's hope the new rainfall rate is nothing like yesterday.

It looks the big rain is going to be east of Houston from now on, which is good news for all of us. The funny thing about this is, I picked up a relative over by Bear Creek Friday night, and the Addicks reservoir by 6 was almost dry. A couple of days later, and its full. In a couple of days.

onedef92 08-28-2017 6:36am

Definitely praying for you all! :angel:

dwjz06 08-28-2017 9:00am

Prayers for Texas:sadangel::sadangel:

Black94lt1 08-28-2017 1:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwjz06 (Post 1581244)
Prayers for Texas:sadangel::sadangel:

Agreed, prayers sent for all of you affected!

Aerovette 08-28-2017 2:58pm

Be nice to have an "I survived" gathering for the Texans (and anyone else too) when this is all done. :cert:

Stangkiller 08-28-2017 3:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1581333)
Be nice to have an "I survived" gathering for the Texans (and anyone else too) when this is all done. :cert:

Ill be down once this is over. I have a friend from sienna and his wife two kids and two large dogs evacuate to my house. At this time we think well be ok, but Brazos river has us a bit on edge.

Memorial Herman Sugarland Hospital has just been ordered to evacuate.

CubSmurf 08-28-2017 4:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1581335)
Ill be down once this is over. I have a friend from sienna and his wife two kids and two large dogs evacuate to my house. At this time we think well be ok, but Brazos river has us a bit on edge.

Memorial Herman Sugarland Hospital has just been ordered to evacuate.

How close are you to the Brazos? Mandy's sister is down off Hwy 6. They were fine last year but if it crests @ 59 like they expect she'll have almost 2 ft. of water in the house.

He dad is over by Cypress Creek and they had a little water come in last night. They evacuated today to be safe.

I think we're going to be okay. Unless Harvey completely changes course.

Prayers for Houston and the rest of Texas. This has been out of control.