The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What a total wasted day.... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137097)

zeek 03-28-2024 3:39pm

What a total wasted day....

Went for my appointment at the VA for an eye exam. They dilated my pupils at around 11am. Here it is over 4 hours later and I cant go out in the sun light without dark glasses on and I can only see close up with readers on but still blurry. Drove to the store to get some beer to make the day better and I had to squint all the way. :D

You would think they would have an eye drop that would counter act the other....:yesnod:

Raazor 03-28-2024 3:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 2238797)
Went for my appointment at the VA for an eye exam. They dilated my pupils at around 11am. Here it is over 4 hours later and I cant go out in the sun light without dark glasses on and I can only see close up with readers on but still blurry. Drove to the store to get some beer to make the day better and I had to squint all the way. :D

You would think they would have an eye drop that would counter act the other....:yesnod:

Pipe down Geezer :spider::stratsnvettes:

GTOguy 03-28-2024 3:44pm

They stopped dilating eyes about 25 years ago where I go. Nobody does that shit anymore. I'll bet they're using medical supplies that expired in 1960, too.

zeek 03-28-2024 3:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 2238806)
They stopped dilating eyes about 25 years ago where I go. Nobody does that shit anymore. I'll bet they're using medical supplies that expired in 1960, too.

From the Google: Dilation is often a normal part of an eye exam for people who wear glasses or contacts. But if you're young and your eyes are healthy, you may not need it every time. Your doctor also may be able to use other methods to check your retina without dilating your eyes, but they may not work as well.

GTOguy 03-28-2024 3:54pm

They put me on a high tech machine where they can see the inside of the eyeball and retina, etc. They DO put yellow drops in my eyes, but they don't dilate or get light sensitive.

dvarapala 03-28-2024 4:29pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Went for my appointment at the VA for an eye exam. They dilated my pupils at around 11am. Here it is over 4 hours later and I cant go out in the sun light without dark glasses on and I can only see close up with readers on but still blurry.

Solution: Don't let them dilate your pupils. I never have, and I can still see perfectly fine.

ZipZap 03-28-2024 4:41pm

Quote:

You would think one would have beer at home:D

higgyburners 03-28-2024 4:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 2238806)

Good lord who took the Gem out of your doughnut this morning...:kick:

Louie Detroit 03-28-2024 4:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by higgyburners (Post 2238829)
Good lord who took the Gem out of your doughnut this morning...:kick:

*Jam

higgyburners 03-28-2024 4:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 2238832)
*Jam

This is a dirty spinoff

Swany00 03-28-2024 5:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 2238828)
You would think one would have beer at home:D

knowing you're going in for a procedure and not being prepared, ol boy is slipping

zeek 03-28-2024 6:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swany00 (Post 2238838)
knowing you're going in for a procedure and not being prepared, ol boy is slipping

Not prepared? I knew this was gonna happen and is why I brought real dark sunglasses. Now not having beer in the house....well...yes I agree I was not prepared....:D :seasix:

ricks327 03-28-2024 6:24pm

The last two times I had an eye exam they put something in my eyes but I didn't have light sensitivity.

ricks327 03-28-2024 6:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 2238863)
Not prepared? I knew this was gonna happen and is why I brought real dark sunglasses. Now not having beer in the house....well...yes I agree I was not prepared....:D :seasix:

Good reason to keep a bottle of hooch in the cupboard

Anjdog2003 03-28-2024 6:28pm

Quote:

Suck it up Rambo. :yesnod:

Swany00 03-28-2024 6:34pm

Quote:

lesson learned ol timer:seasix:

MikeB 03-28-2024 6:43pm

Quote:

Geejus Kripes.
We could never be friends. :leaving:

kingpin 03-28-2024 7:01pm

I had an eye exam 25 years ago for pre-Lasik.
They dilated my eyes checked them out then told me to stay put with my sunglasses on.
The place was an old part of Toronto that was underground with shops in an old train tunnel.
I had to get back to my bar so I left.
Walked up the stairs and opened the solid doors to outside in the middle of June with the sun beating down.
Even with my sunglasses my eyes shut closed immediately and started watering. I opened my eyes slightly and pushed my sunglasses right against my eye lashes and squinted my way to the car with my eyes burning and watery.
Made it to the car, sat there for a second drove to work through downtown.
My drive should have been 20 minutes but I had to keep stopping to wipe my eyes and shut them for a few minutes. Took me an hour to get back.

zeek 03-28-2024 7:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 2238868)
Suck it up Rambo. :yesnod:

I know...Im being a wuss...:yesnod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB (Post 2238876)
Geejus Kripes.
We could never be friends. :leaving:

Give me a second chance....I did have whisky at home, but Im too big a wuss to start drinking in the middle of the week and middle of the day...:datawiz:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpin (Post 2238890)
I had an eye exam 25 years ago for pre-Lasik.
They dilated my eyes checked them out then told me to stay put with my sunglasses on.
The place was an old part of Toronto that was underground with shops in an old train tunnel.
I had to get back to my bar so I left.
Walked up the stairs and opened the solid doors to outside in the middle of June with the sun beating down.
Even with my sunglasses my eyes shut closed immediately and started watering. I opened my eyes slightly and pushed my sunglasses right against my eye lashes and squinted my way to the car with my eyes burning and watery.
Made it to the car, sat there for a second drove to work through downtown.
My drive should have been 20 minutes but I had to keep stopping to wipe my eyes and shut them for a few minutes. Took me an hour to get back.

See....Im not the only ***** in here....:rofl:

LilRedCorvette 03-28-2024 8:16pm

1 Attachment(s)
I have had an incurable autoimmune eye condition for the past 23 years, so I see an ophthalmologist very regularly. Yes, they still dilate patients, but not very often (generally once a year).

The yellow drop mentioned in this thread is NOT for dilation (which is to help the doctor have a deeper/more detailed look into the back of the eye), but to check eye pressures…after instilling said yellow drop, a blue/purple light is shone into the eye and their tools can measure pressure that way (instead of the ‘puff of air’ method).

You can ask for a shorter-acting dilation drop called Tropicacyl (Tropicamide Ophthalmic Solution)…the dilation time is much shorter than what is commonly used. Stay away from Homatropine and Cyclopentolate Hydrochloride as they are much longer-acting dilation drops.

My pupils return to normal within 2-3 hrs of my doctor appointment, so the rest of my day isn’t wasted. Hope this helps. :cert: