The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   since the VB C8 section seems dead... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119818)

dwjz06 07-19-2019 1:38pm

Looks ok. Maybe it will drive the prices down on the C7's soon.:seasix::cert:

MrPeabody 07-19-2019 2:17pm

Warning to all Chevrolet dealers:

When I sold Chevrolets in 2001 about nine out of ten people looking at the Corvettes said "I'm waiting until next year when the come out with the mid engine model." People have been saying this since the 60s, so brace yourselves for thousands of people showing up at your dealerships every day when these cars arrive.:yesnod::leaving:

snide 07-19-2019 2:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1677599)
Warning to all Chevrolet dealers:

When I sold Chevrolets in 2001 about nine out of ten people looking at the Corvettes said "I'm waiting until next year when the come out with the mid engine model." People have been saying this since the 60s, so brace yourselves for thousands of people showing up at your dealerships every day when these cars arrive.:yesnod::leaving:

I'm waiting for the front engine model. You know, where the engine is over the front axle, not behind it... :leaving:

Loco Vette 07-19-2019 3:22pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet (Post 1677589)
:Sexy:

Slap the supercharger on it already and it's mine!

z06psi 07-19-2019 3:47pm

I will take a yellow convertible with 700rwhp please. :yesnod:

MrPeabody 07-19-2019 7:30pm

Once again, no place for a front license plate to look decent.

I never put mine on my C6 and never got a ticket, but I don't like driving a car where every cop who sees me has a reason to pull me over. One Highway Patrol officer confronted my in a gas station and rudely gave me a bunch of crap about it. I pleaded ignorance and told him there were several police officers in our Corvette club who didn't have them on their cars (which was true) so I assumed they weren't required. I carried it in my trunk and I figured if it came down to it I could install it on the scene of the traffic stop since it was a peel and stick bracket. Never had to, though.

BOTY 07-19-2019 7:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1677691)
Once again, no place for a front license plate to look decent.

I never put mine on my C6 and never got a ticket, but I don't like driving a car where every cop who sees me has a reason to pull me over. One Highway Patrol officer confronted my in a gas station and rudely gave me a bunch of crap about it. I pleaded ignorance and told him there were several police officers in our Corvette club who didn't have them on their cars (which was true) so I assumed they weren't required. I carried it in my trunk and I figured if it came down to it I could install it on the scene of the traffic stop since it was a peel and stick bracket. Never had to, though.

Pulled over in a C5, only a warning but five or six squads showed up for the occasion. Damn' lawbreaker me. :D

markids77 07-19-2019 7:47pm

Too much electrickery and boy ricer here for me. I want to drive, not have to take a night course in computer programming to get the most out of my ride. Thinking that "Joe average" has the experience to program things like throttle response and shock damping will lead to nothing but more lurid slides at car show exit gates. We can all do that without the added complexity of computer control already.

MrPeabody 07-19-2019 7:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1677696)
Too much electrickery and boy ricer here for me. I want to drive, not have to take a night course in computer programming to get the most out of my ride. Thinking that "Joe average" has the experience to program things like throttle response and shock damping will lead to nothing but more lurid slides at car show exit gates. We can all do that without the added complexity of computer control already.

:iagree:I wish on modern cars there was an option to leave a lot of that crap off and lower the price. I especially hate having to punch through a menu to adjust the bass and treble on the stereo. How is taking your eyes off the road to do that better than the old knob was.

Bill 07-19-2019 7:59pm

Hmm, no manual transmission? It's like 1982 all over again! Yay!

markids77 07-19-2019 8:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1677702)
Hmm, no manual transmission? It's like 1953 all over again! Yay!

Fixt.

VatorMan 07-19-2019 8:27pm

Either next year or soon after, one will be in my garage. I don’t wax or show. Just drive.

snide 07-20-2019 7:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorWaxer (Post 1677704)
Either next year or soon after, one will be in my garage. I don’t wax or show. Just drive.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

69camfrk 07-20-2019 8:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1677704)

Hmmm..I bet you don't even have Lloyd's mats!:rofl:

Datawiz 07-20-2019 9:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1677612)
Slap the supercharger on it already and it's mine!

Mine will look the same but will have yellow calipers and yellow seat belts, black interior with yellow stitching. :seasix:

C5SilverBullet 07-20-2019 10:01am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1677757)
Mine will look the same but will have yellow calipers and yellow seat belts, black interior with yellow stitching. :seasix:

:drool:

Datawiz 07-20-2019 10:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet (Post 1677759)

It's growing on me quickly. I will definitely have one in the next 12 months. I'll have 2 more cars paid off before 12 months, so it becomes a flipping no-brainer for me. :yesnod:

Brubie 07-20-2019 11:38am

I like it but will have to wait and see it. Hope they have one at Carlisle.
I read where the seat goes back 2 more inches then the C7.

simpleman68 07-20-2019 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet (Post 1677759)

Hard to imagine somebody not finding that sexy as hell :yum:
Scott

simpleman68 07-20-2019 11:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1677768)
It's growing on me quickly. I will definitely have one in the next 12 months. I'll have 2 more cars paid off before 12 months, so it becomes a flipping no-brainer for me. :yesnod:

:iagree: I'd almost certainly jump on one but after this year's GTO and speakers budget.....
Still glad my wife hasn't poisoned my food.
Scott