The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Just About Had Enough........ (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117771)

Norm 11-06-2018 8:34pm

Just About Had Enough........

4 Attachment(s)
.....of the talking heads. I listen to talk radio all the time (Rush, Mark, et al), especially when futzing around in the "clubroom". Been raining the last two days.

After voting this morning, and sitting on my ass most of the day, I needed to move around. So hey, let's detail the Tahoe, I need the exercise anyhow. Talk radio is not going to motivate me, so some toe tapping cadence did the trick.

I refuse to listen to any election results until after the left coast polls close.

DAB 11-06-2018 9:16pm

I washed Mrs. DAB’s car today. No detailing. Gravel road. Why bother.

04 commemorative 11-07-2018 8:49am

Had enough of the rain too !

markids77 11-07-2018 8:27pm

Now you've gone and done it. I follow your threads and suddenly i was outside earlier scraping the windows on the Ranger I haven't even rinsed off in 18 months with a razor blade! Washed with a soft scrub brush and even started to buff it before it got too dark to see. Now it is supposed to rain for the next 2 days and I'll probably have to polish it all from scratch this weekend. I could be sitting on a deer stand instead but NOOOO... I've started this and now it will bug me until I have the whole thing shined, waxed and rubber protected. Thanks a lot. :D

BADRACR1 11-07-2018 9:51pm

I ran mine through the automatic car wash at work...

LilRedCorvette 11-08-2018 12:41am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1649175)
Now you've gone and done it. I follow your threads and suddenly i was outside earlier scraping the windows on the Ranger I haven't even rinsed off in 18 months with a razor blade! Washed with a soft scrub brush and even started to buff it before it got too dark to see. Now it is supposed to rain for the next 2 days and I'll probably have to polish it all from scratch this weekend. I could be sitting on a deer stand instead but NOOOO... I've started this and now it will bug me until I have the whole thing shined, waxed and rubber protected. Thanks a lot. :D

I'm right there with you...have gone way too long on detailing my cars, I finally finished the black vette today (between my surgeries/health issues, the dog's health issues, and the weather...it got pushed down the very long things-to-do list).

This one's a 20-footer (track car) but didn't turn out too badly...

LilRedCorvette 11-08-2018 12:45am

1 Attachment(s)
Da other one...was finished about 2-3 weeks ago...