The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Non-Part D Over 65 Prescription Drug Plan? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114678)

Y-Body 01-22-2018 3:43pm

Non-Part D Over 65 Prescription Drug Plan?

Do you have traditional Medicare Part A and Part B (no Advantage Plans, etc.)?
Do you also have an individual prescription drug coverage plan other than a Medicare Part D plan?
If so, what prescription plan do you use?

04 commemorative 01-22-2018 4:11pm

AARP and N
I have no prescriptions at all at the moment but was told if I didn't take out a script plan now if I ever needed it I would be charged more for not doing it now.:willy:

mrvette 01-22-2018 4:20pm

Nothing, wife and I are over the Florida cut off on SS income $$$ so the fee for medicrap B is about 180/month EACH.....

and NOW this instant, wife is battling over her mother's medi crap on the phone on hold for over 30 minits with Florida Dept Child/FAmily.....

AND got disconnected.....cphone....BULLSHIT!!! typical .gov games.....

she nor more disconnected than man in the moon....

I won't even talk of MY issues with DCF........

:issues::issues:

lspencer534 01-22-2018 4:44pm

I have AARP and Part D coverage through SilverScript. They all suck.

Y-Body 01-22-2018 5:06pm

Can you get a prescription plan from somewhere that is not a Part D plan?
Or, having not taken Part D when enrolling in Medicare, must you wait until October for the next enrollment period?

MrPeabody 01-22-2018 5:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y-Body (Post 1609708)
Can you get a prescription plan from somewhere that is not a Part D plan?
Or, having not taken Part D when enrolling in Medicare, must you wait until October for the next enrollment period?

I can't be 100% sure, but my wife says she thinks you can enroll in it at any time, but there may be some penalties. She pays $44 a month for hers and literally uses thousands of dollars of drugs a month.

TripleBlack 01-22-2018 5:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1609709)
I can't be 100% sure, but my wife says she thinks you can enroll in it at any time, but there may be some penalties. She pays $44 a month for hers and literally uses thousands of dollars of drugs a month.

Just went though this and you're right about enrolling. If you don't enroll when you are first eligible you have to provide evidence that you had "credible coverage" between the time you were eligible and the time you do enroll or you're subject to a penalty. I think the largest lapse you can have is 60-65 days but I haven't looked it up. The "credible coverage" concept applies to Part B as well. As I understand, the penalty is forever.

Y-Body 01-23-2018 2:21pm

What I Found

• If you are age 65 or older, all individual prescription drug plans are under the Medicare Part D umbrella.
  • Medicare Part D enrollment (after your 7-month Initial Enrollment Period) is limited to an annual October to December 7 enrollment period.

69camfrk 01-23-2018 7:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1609692)
Nothing, wife and I are over the Florida cut off on SS income $$$ so the fee for medicrap B is about 180/month EACH.....

and NOW this instant, wife is battling over her mother's medi crap on the phone on hold for over 30 minits with Florida Dept Child/FAmily.....

AND got disconnected.....cphone....BULLSHIT!!! typical .gov games.....

she nor more disconnected than man in the moon....

I won't even talk of MY issues with DCF........

:issues::issues:

Well, you already know, if you want it F'd up, let the .gov run it. We bitch about it every day at work. Things could be more simple, cost effective, etc. but oh hell no. All we are trying to do is fix F'ing airplane parts so the guys still wearing the uniform have something to fly. It is absurd.

SubZero 01-24-2018 8:00pm

:island14: old people problems

:shots::leaving:

mrvette 01-24-2018 8:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubZero (Post 1610063)
:island14: old people problems

:shots::leaving:

Age 73 ALL this shit started about 3-4 years ago with the onset of nobama care.....they took the $$$ out of 'elder' medicrap so they could pay for all the illegals.....I BET most of those are islamics.....too boot.....the Latino invasion has been going on for decades....BUT note the sudden change in .gov policy....note the CO-INKY-DICK over it all.....:issues::issues:

MrPeabody 01-24-2018 8:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1610068)
Age 73 ALL this shit started about 3-4 years ago with the onset of nobama care.....they took the $$$ out of 'elder' medicrap so they could pay for all the illegals.....I BET most of those are islamics.....too boot.....the Latino invasion has been going on for decades....BUT note the sudden change in .gov policy....note the CO-INKY-DICK over it all.....:issues::issues:

When I signed up for Obamacare they required proof of citizenship.