The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Produced this over the last few days (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71511)

SnikPlosskin 09-30-2014 4:20pm

Produced this over the last few days

Just sort of an eye candy piece to show off skills.

Sea Six 09-30-2014 4:23pm

You must create a channel to upload videos. Create a channel

:dunno:

SnikPlosskin 09-30-2014 4:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1248800)
You must create a channel to upload videos. Create a channel

Gots numerous channels. I was dicking it up. Fix'd.

CubSmurf 10-01-2014 8:37am

Looks good Pete!

SnikPlosskin 10-01-2014 8:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CubSmurf (Post 1249084)
Looks good Pete!

Thanks. I'm concerned that the voice over doesn't quite sound professional. Thoughts.

syf350 10-01-2014 9:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakePlissken (Post 1249092)
Thanks. I'm concerned that the voice over doesn't quite sound professional. Thoughts.

meh, didnt really think about it till you said something, but now kinda agree. you want the damn needle to move could be a little more assertive

CubSmurf 10-01-2014 9:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakePlissken (Post 1249092)

My initial viewing gave me the same reaction, honestly. The video, music and editing are all good but the VO is just ok. It's certainly not bad but it's noticeable (to me) when the rest of the production is at a higher level. I'd try a few more takes with a little more force or have someone do it for you.

SnikPlosskin 10-01-2014 10:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CubSmurf (Post 1249107)
My initial viewing gave me the same reaction, honestly. The video, music and editing are all good but the VO is just ok. It's certainly not bad but it's noticeable (to me) when the rest of the production is at a higher level. I'd try a few more takes with a little more force or have someone do it for you.

Agreed. Needs better enunciation too. I'm trying to go for a really close mic sound.

xXBUDXx 10-01-2014 10:41am

It's gonna take more boobs for it to move. Sorry, Pete, not your boobs.

Chicago 10-01-2014 11:21am

Looks good! For a piece that short I might up the pace of the edit a little. Did you shoot those shots for this specific project, or use shots from previous projects?

CubSmurf 10-01-2014 12:10pm

As I watched again, my nit-picky side emerged. It's all said constructively and you're welcome to take my comments with a grain of salt:)

Perhaps it's truly due to the way I was trained but the first couple of video edits bugged me because they seemed purely random. I was taught that you time the edits with the music/voice track. I would have edited it this way:

Again, it may be my personal preference showing through but the rest of the video is much better about cutting the shots with music/VO

Also at the end the line says 'We do the hard things...' but the video shows skydiving. I wouldn't exactly equate skydiving as a 'hard thing' but something fun, crazy and exciting. The first thing that came to mind was a weight lifter struggling with his last rep (with a lot of weight ha) or Matt Damon at the chalkboard in GoodWill Hunting.

Finally, I *LOVE* the shot when you say "Move the damn needle...'
A crusty old power supply is a perfect analogy for the clients this video was created for!

Again, these are just my (extended) thoughts on it. YMMV and feel free to tell me to piss off:)

VITE1 10-01-2014 12:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXBUDXx (Post 1249145)
It's gonna take more boobs for it to move. Sorry, Pete, not your boobs.

:iagree:

And Ass. And a few cute Asian Chicks.

Oh

And Labradors. They seem to be used to sell everything now a days.

island14 10-01-2014 1:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CubSmurf (Post 1249198)
As I watched again, my nit-picky side emerged. It's all said constructively and you're welcome to take my comments with a grain of salt:)

Perhaps it's truly due to the way I was trained but the first couple of video edits bugged me because they seemed purely random. I was taught that you time the edits with the music/voice track. I would have edited it this way:

Again, it may be my personal preference showing through but the rest of the video is much better about cutting the shots with music/VO

Also at the end the line says 'We do the hard things...' but the video shows skydiving. I wouldn't exactly equate skydiving as a 'hard thing' but something fun, crazy and exciting. The first thing that came to mind was a weight lifter struggling with his last rep (with a lot of weight ha) or Matt Damon at the chalkboard in GoodWill Hunting.

Finally, I *LOVE* the shot when you say "Move the damn needle...'
A crusty old power supply is a perfect analogy for the clients this video was created for!

Again, these are just my (extended) thoughts on it. YMMV and feel free to tell me to piss off:)

When I watched the first video, I saw nothing wrong with it, and if I had just seen it on TV I would have not given it anymore thought at all, but with Pete himself commenting about the voice over it drew my attention to it so was more noticeable.

After reading your input and knowing that this is part of what you do for a living, I think you have given some great input on this.. :seasix: :yesnod:

Now piss off! :lol:

:cert:

island14 10-01-2014 1:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1249217)

And Ass. And a few cute Asian Chicks.

Oh

And Labradors. They seem to be used to sell everything now a days.

Nice ass, Asian Chicks, and good food always does it for me. :datawiz:

DJ_Critterus 10-01-2014 4:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakePlissken (Post 1249142)
Agreed. Needs better enunciation too. I'm trying to go for a really close mic sound.

Try adding a little more bass and some mid ranges to your VO?

mrvette 10-01-2014 5:38pm

2 Attachment(s)
And so I reach behind my computer desk and pull out a MA meter from Cornell Univ tech lab, complete with prop tag

:lol:

SnikPlosskin 10-01-2014 8:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1249231)
When I watched the first video, I saw nothing wrong with it, and if I had just seen it on TV I would have not given it anymore thought at all, but with Pete himself commenting about the voice over it drew my attention to it so was more noticeable.

After reading your input and knowing that this is part of what you do for a living, I think you have given some great input on this.. :seasix: :yesnod:

Now piss off! :lol:

Wow. Much tighter. I agree. Thank you for doing that.

SnikPlosskin 10-01-2014 8:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1249383)
Try adding a little more bass and some mid ranges to your VO?

I did some EQ but hurried through it. YouTube also compresses the hell out of it so you lose a lot there too.

I recorded the voice over with a shotgun mic, pop suppressor and Zoom H6 digital recorder. I may have had the mic set to roll off the bass.

I'm going to re-do the voice over. I think it should be more authentic.

I'm probably going to do a series of videos that define exactly what business problems can be solved via marketing.

SnikPlosskin 10-01-2014 8:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago (Post 1249174)
Looks good! For a piece that short I might up the pace of the edit a little. Did you shoot those shots for this specific project, or use shots from previous projects?

All stock footage. It started as an experiment to use stock footage to tell a story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1249435)
And so I reach behind my computer desk and pull out a MA meter from Cornell Univ tech lab, complete with prop tag

:lol:

Sweet!

island14 10-02-2014 10:41am

Hey Pete, post up your final edit here, if you have the time.