The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Funeral…. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136247)

Don Rickles 02-07-2024 8:29pm

Funeral….

Paid my respects and said RIP to a good friend this afternoon….

It was these Corvettes that brought us together, to become good friends over the last 20 years. He also happened to be the very first to judge the first car I ran through the systems…

I’ll miss our conversations.

Farewell Hal

99 pewtercoupe 02-07-2024 8:41pm

Always hard to lose an old friend Unfortunately as we get older, these occasions get more frequent. When you are going to more funerals than weddings….

69camfrk 02-07-2024 9:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 2214804)
Always hard to lose an old friend Unfortunately as we get older, these occasions get more frequent. When you are going to more funerals than weddings….

It sucks, but we are at that time of life..

04 commemorative 02-07-2024 10:34pm

Sorry about your friend :sadangel:

Frankie the Fink 02-08-2024 7:10am

It sucks, but just before my sentencing to permanent oblivion on that OTHER forum, I was losing about a friend a month and its getting worse. Some just internet pals; others people I've met and enjoyed good times with. It's depressing, but yeah, we are in that zone now.

Don Rickles 02-08-2024 8:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 2214804)

Afraid to agree but true.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 2214826)
It sucks, but we are at that time of life..

Thing is, I'm actually much younger than most of my friends by 10 years or more...I'll be attending many and if asked to be a Pallbearer, it will be my honor.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 2214843)
Sorry about your friend :sadangel:

Thank you
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink (Post 2214917)
It sucks, but just before my sentencing to permanent oblivion on that OTHER forum, I was losing about a friend a month and its getting worse. Some just internet pals; others people I've met and enjoyed good times with. It's depressing, but yeah, we are in that zone now.

True again......not just over there but the NCRS/Bloomington crowd is growing older too.

On these occasions I dress for the deceased. A man that was a suit and tie guy, he gets the full blown dress up best suit and tie. For the casual man, I'll wear jeans and a collared car shirt.

Many years ago I missed a funeral, once (admittingly scared and embarrassed, I was young), for my best friends as kids, father. I carry this shame. I have vowed to never miss that one last brief moment, to spend with my friends and their families.

Once more RIP Hal....:sadangel:

Rodnok1 02-08-2024 8:21am

Sorry to hear about your friend.

As a youngster I was Pallbearer more times than I can recall, alot of times it was for people I had never met.
The first time I was in full panic mode.

04 commemorative 02-08-2024 8:43am

most of us are in the 4th quarter now......some even in overtime :funnier:

That's all I know about sports .....:woohoo:

Mick 02-08-2024 10:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 2214958)
most of us are in the 4th quarter now......some even in overtime :funnier:

That's all I know about sports .....:woohoo:

Can you take over for Tony Romo on Sunday?

Please?

slewfoot 02-08-2024 10:58am

When in my 20's & 30's in the military, I took a lot of physicals and there were always cancer related questions such as if anyone in my family had or has passed from cancer?

Well, no. Parents & uncles were around 50-60 yrs old at the time. Ask that now and yes, every one of them!

Onebadcad 02-08-2024 10:59am

I go to more funerals than weddings, no problem as I wear the same suit.
Sorry for your loss.

BADRACR1 02-08-2024 9:06pm

Hate to hear that for you.
I've lost two really good friends (twenty two and twenty seven years each) and a brother. Lots of acquaintances.
Getting old sometimes sucks. But it beats the alternative.

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 02-08-2024 9:50pm

Sorry for your loss. Friendship is a blessed gift.

Frankie the Fink 02-09-2024 8:06am

I'm pretty fatalistic in my old age and face my mortality head on at 73...

I don't understand older people that do not and don't make preparations for their eventual passing so grieving relatives have an easier time sorting things out. I've had to deal with recently deceased relatives "mess" several times, sorting out financials, taking car of cars and property, etc.. All heartbreaking and unnecessary.

Funeral arrangements, limited power of attorney, DNR, living will, family trust, financial info, deeds and titles, etc.. all done and in my home vault and safety deposit box.

Don Rickles 02-09-2024 8:21am

Thank you, everyone!

Chuck A 02-09-2024 10:18pm

Sorry to hear

outrunm 02-09-2024 10:23pm

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I'm glad the hobby got you together to share memories.