The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Texans and Others: Have You Early Voted Yet? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120585)

Bill 11-01-2019 5:52pm

Texans and Others: Have You Early Voted Yet?

Just got back. No line, 10 Texas Constitution amendments and one city council election. Met the guy I voted for outside. Both had very similar backgrounds, right down to attending the same church. Both campaign websites were equally full of vague platitudes. It was one word that swung it for me....one candidate, in his interview with the local paper mentioned 'diversity.' Oops. That's my trigger word. Voted for the other guy. Turns out the guy I voted for supports Trump too.

Stangkiller 11-01-2019 7:56pm

I voted this morning as well!

Stevedore 11-01-2019 8:05pm

Voted by mail. Cost me a stamp, but no driving to the polling place, parking, walking in, waiting in line, etc., etc., etc.

benny42 11-01-2019 8:36pm

Trust me, I will. There is too much at stake to skip it.

Barn Babe 11-05-2019 11:56am

Voted 2nd day of early voting :patriot::patriot::patriot:

JRD77VET 11-05-2019 8:02pm

Both my wife and I voted after work. PA has new voting machines now. ( they were worried about the previous ones getting hacked )

So now, you get in line and when it's your turn, give your name and you're located on the register. ( just as before )

But NOW, you get a legal sized paper ballot ( 11" x 17" ) , a folder that covers almost all of it and a black ink marker.

You go behind a cardboard privacy "booth" and fill out who you want to vote for by filling in the dot by their name. ( this my be the last election for straight party voting as our gov got new voting regs thru )

Then you put it in the folder and go to the election judge and he directs you to the scanner. YOU put the paper ballot in the "copy machine" ( he does NOT touch it unless you specifically request help and then another election official watches him (or her) load the ballot in.

It scans it and after about 10 seconds , a screen reads "CAST".

All paper ballots are locked in the machine and if the votes don't add up, the paper ballots are the "master".

Time wise this new system takes at least twice as long. :kick:

Jeff

Bill 11-05-2019 8:23pm

Kentucky and Virginia.....what happened to you guys? You used to be cool.

Stangkiller 11-05-2019 10:39pm

Every single bond proposal was approved...wtf people, bonds are paid for by your taxes....youre voting for higher taxes you ****ing sheeple.

LilRedCorvette 11-05-2019 10:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1686858)
Kentucky and Virginia.....what happened to you guys? You used to be cool.

I voted :seasix: our procedure is just like the one Jeff describes below:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1686857)
Both my wife and I voted after work. PA has new voting machines now. ( they were worried about the previous ones getting hacked )

So now, you get in line and when it's your turn, give your name and you're located on the register. ( just as before )

But NOW, you get a legal sized paper ballot ( 11" x 17" ) , a folder that covers almost all of it and a black ink marker.

You go behind a cardboard privacy "booth" and fill out who you want to vote for by filling in the dot by their name. ( this my be the last election for straight party voting as our gov got new voting regs thru )

Then you put it in the folder and go to the election judge and he directs you to the scanner. YOU put the paper ballot in the "copy machine" ( he does NOT touch it unless you specifically request help and then another election official watches him (or her) load the ballot in.

It scans it and after about 10 seconds , a screen reads "CAST".

All paper ballots are locked in the machine and if the votes don't add up, the paper ballots are the "master".

Time wise this new system takes at least twice as long. :kick:

Jeff

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1686882)
Every single bond proposal was approved...wtf people, bonds are paid for by your taxes....youre voting for higher taxes you ****ing sheeple.

I voted down the bond proposal on my ballot :yesnod: but wouldn't be surprised if it passed. :nonod: :spdchk: :ack:

Stangkiller 11-05-2019 10:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRedCorvette (Post 1686886)
I voted down the bond proposal on my ballot :yesnod: but wouldn't be surprised if it passed. :nonod: :spdchk: :ack:

6 months ago i went door to door and ensured a MUD Bond was voted down...they snuck it into this election again and i had no time to canvass the neighborhood, it looks like 8t will pass this time. Im so fking pissed, i contacted the attorney general, who appears to be at least considering my complaint to see if they could find any violations on going back to election with zero heads up to the people.

There were several other much larger bonds including a hand out to one of our huge hospital areas, and another gift to our failing public transit system.