The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   After seven months of retirement.... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116079)

99 pewtercoupe 05-18-2018 6:36pm

After seven months of retirement....

I am enjoying this :seasix:

lspencer534 05-18-2018 6:46pm

I've been retired since January, 2017, and it's wonderful! No Mondays! Get outta bed when I want to, eat when I get hungry, Happy Hour is flexible on time of day. I wish you the best! :cert::cert::cert:

Black94lt1 05-18-2018 7:02pm

I hope some day, but that day is a long way away!

mrvette 05-18-2018 8:00pm

age 74 here, took my social at 62.......and in all honesty, I am dyeing of boredom....most daze.....and the bitch is, my get up and GO, has got up and went.....

:sadangel::dance::sleep:

99 pewtercoupe 05-18-2018 8:39pm

No boredom here but maybe my idea of a happy retirement is different
No set time to get up but I am usually up between 7:30 and 8:00
I have the Wall Street Journal delivered so I normally spend a half an hour to an hour reading that and having coffee. Three to four times a week I play golf and then have a late lunch with the guys and then go home. Sometimes on the days I don’t play golf I go fishing and sometimes I stay home and read, waste time on Internet forums etc. Some days I just get in the Vette and go for a drive.
It’s a pretty low key lifestyle but I love it after years of having to deal with getting in the office at 6:30 in the AM and already having a dozen emails to deal with and then 100 plus during the day as well as phone calls etc

tjfontaine 05-18-2018 9:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1628499)
No boredom here but maybe my idea of a happy retirement is different
No set time to get up but I am usually up between 7:30 and 8:00
I have the Wall Street Journal delivered so I normally spend a half an hour to an hour reading that and having coffee. Three to four times a week I play golf and then have a late lunch with the guys and then go home. Sometimes on the days I don’t play golf I go fishing and sometimes I stay home and read, waste time on Internet forums etc. Some days I just get in the Vette and go for a drive.
It’s a pretty low key lifestyle but I love it after years of having to deal with getting in the office at 6:30 in the AM and already having a dozen emails to deal with and then 100 plus during the day as well as phone calls etc

:iagree:

Kind of similar for me - retired 7 years now - retired at 57 .... I have a winter home in AZ and summer in MN. I like the snowbird / dual lifestyle. Get up when I want, sip coffee - watch the news, read papers, putz on the net, work on my hobbies, play sports, go out to my pool, go out for rides, visit places, eat at cool new restaurants - nothing too elaborate but all on my own time schedule. Love it.

FasterTraffic 05-18-2018 10:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black94lt1 (Post 1628486)
I hope some day, but that day is a long way away!

:iagree:

I should live so long...

Wathen1955 05-18-2018 11:49pm

I'm retiring next year in March, just shy of my 64th birthday. I had enough of the corporate BS. According to my financial advisor, I can retire now, but I have it somewhat easy. I go in 1 day a week, and work from home the rest of the week due to my long commute.

86RAG 05-19-2018 4:51am

I love being retired! :cert:

VITE1 05-19-2018 5:04am

If I had known retirement was going to be so much fun I would have done it first.

bizaro 05-19-2018 7:10am

I worked 10 hour days 6 days a week for the last 38 years of my career. Retired last June. I finally have time to do all the things I never had a chance to do during those last 38 years. :hurray:

6spdC6 05-19-2018 7:52am

Retired at age 55 in 2002 and for the most part all is well! Have good pension and SS and other than emergency things that have to get done NOW, I have a very relaxed schedule.

Used to shoot 4 gauge NSSA Master class but have not shot any skeet in close to 30 years. Went to a club last week got in a few rounds (Did OK considering 30 years off) and plan to go back on a regular basis:hurray: