The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Can You Guess Her Monthly Nut? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130982)

dvarapala 01-10-2023 7:39pm

Can You Guess Her Monthly Nut?

Post up your guess, then watch the video.

Big bob 01-10-2023 8:01pm

How many can she tug at the same time?:hurray:

Iron Chef 01-10-2023 8:14pm

I was gonna say $10K per month. I live far better on half that.

Notice she doesn't say what they do for work or exactly how much they make per month, but if she's spending...call it $9000 per month and that is 15-20% of their income, they almost have to be clearing at least $12K per month after taxes (given a 25% tax bracket). That's around $150K per year.

I'd call that a nice income for just about anyone. She also doesn't mention if they are a one income or two income household (I'd guess two). They drive an 8-year old tub of shit but have a nanny ( :skep: ). She mentions paying off her student debt, but doesn't say how much it was.

So the only thing that this "Debt Free Millenial" establishes is that you can live just about anywhere you want to and have no debt if you make enough money.

Dan47 01-10-2023 8:17pm

I’d do her but would find the finance talk distracting. Maybe bring a good nanny in for a threesome but I’d want to see pics first. :yesnod:

Mike Mercury 01-10-2023 9:05pm

that video is eleven minutes?

She better loosen up that brassiere sometime during :toetap:

Egnalf 01-10-2023 9:49pm

didnt watch, 14k?

MikeB 01-10-2023 10:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egnalf (Post 2035743)
didnt watch, 14k?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 2035726)
that video is eleven minutes?

She better loosen up that brassiere sometime during :toetap:

Bitch never says.
I skipped thru most of it, but all I saw was $3k/mnt in her Stupidnomics tutorial.
For 2 peeps with a nanny, in Sandyego?
BS
OP should be hung!

dvarapala 01-10-2023 10:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touringmike (Post 2035748)
Bitch never says.

Wrong-o. :lol:

Quote:

I skipped thru most of it

That's why you mnissed the part where she tells you what she spends. :funniest:

dvarapala 01-10-2023 10:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 2035708)
I was gonna say $10K per month. I live far better on half that.

In San Diego? :toetap:

Quote:

She also doesn't mention if they are a one income or two income household (I'd guess two). They drive an 8-year old tub of shit but have a nanny ( :skep: ).
Safe guess - she wouldn't need a nanny unless she is working full-time away from the home.

Quote:

So the only thing that this "Debt Free Millenial" establishes is that you can live just about anywhere you want to and have no debt if you make enough money.
She does pay almost $4000/month just in rent, and she says her rent has only gone up a few hundred dollars in the 7 years that they have lived in the apartment, so that monthly nut is only going to go up. Probably WAY up, and VERY soon. :yesnod:

Iron Chef 01-12-2023 1:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 2035760)
In San Diego? :toetap:

Well no of course not. But I bet I could STILL live better on much less, even in SD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 2035760)
guess - she wouldn't need a nanny unless she is working full-time away from the home.

She does pay almost $4000/month just in rent, and she says her rent has only gone up a few hundred dollars in the 7 years that they have lived in the apartment, so that monthly nut is only going to go up. Probably WAY up, and VERY soon. :yesnod:

Well perhaps not. At the beginning of the video she says she lives in a condo, so one would assume that unless she has an ARM, her monthly payment should be fairly static. Then there's this gem:

"Health insurance doesn't cover regular metal health therapy sessions. I don't know why this isn't a standard in health coverage"

Uhhhhh...MAYBE because most people who are reasonably well bolted together realize that therapy is something you go to in order to resolve an issue or problem and then you move on with your life; Not a recreational activity like a weekly poker game. $250 a month for therapy? $3400/month for a nanny? Oy vey...I could hold a weekly poker game AND have a pole dancer for that kinda money. Then you wouldn't need therapy. :Jeff '79:

Anyway...it's just kind of an odd video to me. Maybe she's trying to be helpful, I dunno. But it sounds like trying to give millennials budgeting advice from the point of view of someone who doesn't have to follow a strict budget.

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-12-2023 2:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef on the Mic Spittin’ that Real Game Truth (Post 2036405)
Uhhhhh...MAYBE because most people who are reasonably well bolted together realize that therapy is something you go to in order to resolve an issue or problem and then you move on with your life; Not a recreational activity like a weekly poker game. $250 a month for therapy? $3400/month for a nanny? Oy vey...I could hold a weekly poker game AND have a pole dancer for that kinda money. Then you wouldn't need therapy. :Jeff '79:

That right there is ****in’ funny.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

UniqueDoug 01-12-2023 3:11pm

$9000 yikes! Right now I’m at about $1400 per month, all in.

sublime1996525 01-12-2023 3:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniqueDoug (Post 2036417)
$9000 yikes! Right now I’m at about $1400 per month, all in.

Mmmm not entirely true.

dvarapala 01-12-2023 4:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 2036405)
Well perhaps not. At the beginning of the video she says she lives in a condo, so one would assume that unless she has an ARM, her monthly payment should be fairly static.

* rented condo. She explicitly says "when we first rented out this unit 7 yeats ago we were paying $2695." Plus if she had a mortgage she wouldn't be a "debt-free millennial". :D

Quote:

Then there's this gem:

"Health insurance doesn't cover regular metal health therapy sessions. I don't know why this isn't a standard in health coverage"

Anyway...it's just kind of an odd video to me. Maybe she's trying to be helpful, I dunno. But it sounds like trying to give millennials budgeting advice from the point of view of someone who doesn't have to follow a strict budget.
There are a lot of videos on YouTube where people discuss how much money they either make or spend or both, so I guess it's a popular genre. Plus with a $9000 monthly nut she needs all the income she can get. :D

dvarapala 01-12-2023 4:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublime1996525 (Post 2036419)
Mmmm not entirely true.

Are you referring to the Noname subsidy? :D

Datawiz 01-12-2023 5:16pm

Just did a budget analysis for the household, and was surprised by the result. As a younger man, I way overspent beyond my means because I always believed that my career would always be growing.

Fast forwarding to the collapse in '08-'09, and then another job loss after that, our household suffered near-catestrophic consequences twice. My credit score, and one of my credit cards with a huge limit saved us both times, but I borrowed against my '08 Z06 twice to repay that debt...it was not fun.

I've grown up since then and have vowed never again. We only have 3 notes (2 cars and the home) and all 3 are in huge equity positions. Yes, I have nice things, and yes I'll have a fully loaded C8 Z06, and yes my wife just retired so I lose her income, but all in, with just my salary, and every penny of the nut paid monthly, we still have 45% after tax net free cash flow from the monthly take home...and the take home reflects 13.5% going into retirement.

Took awhile, but I finally learned to live within my means. :yesnod:

UniqueDoug 01-12-2023 5:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublime1996525 (Post 2036419)
Mmmm not entirely true.

Huh?

UniqueDoug 01-12-2023 5:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Datawiz (Post 2036486)
Just did a budget analysis for the household, and was surprised by the result. As a younger man, I way overspent beyond my means because I always believed that my career would always be growing.

Fast forwarding to the collapse in '08-'09, and then another job loss after that, our household suffered near-catestrophic consequences twice. My credit score, and one of my credit cards with a huge limit saved us both times, but I borrowed against my '08 Z06 twice to repay that debt...it was not fun.

I've grown up since then and have vowed never again. We only have 3 notes (2 cars and the home) and all 3 are in huge equity positions. Yes, I have nice things, and yes I'll have a fully loaded C8 Z06, and yes my wife just retired so I lose her income, but all in, with just my salary, and every penny of the nut paid monthly, we still have 45% after tax net free cash flow from the monthly take home...and the take home reflects 13.5% going into retirement.

Took awhile, but I finally learned to live within my means. :yesnod:

Sorry, but only three notes? Lol with all due respect, after reading that it sounds more like your income has increased dramatically, and you still like to buy nice and expensive stuff.

sublime1996525 01-12-2023 5:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 2036459)
Are you referring to the Noname subsidy? :D

Maybe lol

UniqueDoug 01-12-2023 5:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublime1996525 (Post 2036494)
Maybe lol

Since when did monthly nut calculations include money you don’t spend? Lol