The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Bad day for dad (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126465)

86RAG 08-01-2021 6:04am

Hoping for the best :angel:

Murray 08-01-2021 6:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86RAG (Post 1901534)
Hoping for the best :angel:

This ^^^^^ :sadangel:

Aerovette 08-03-2021 5:51pm

Dad just met with a cardiac/amyloidosis doctor and he is sending him straight over to the hospital. There's a lot going on. They said to plan on being there at least a week. On the upside, Methodist hospital is one of the best amyloidosis hospitals. Certainly the best in Houston. The Dr. seems to be genuinely interested, which is unusual among the 7 or so doctors he has already been to. He also seems to be not revealing all he suspects. That is extremely worrisome.

This video explains a lot for the curious...

Rodnok1 08-03-2021 6:10pm

Hopefully they get it under control, sounds like dr on top of things.

04 commemorative 08-03-2021 8:47pm

:sadangel:

Vandelay Industries 08-03-2021 10:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1902166)
Hopefully they get it under control, sounds like dr on top of things.

:iagree::sadangel:

86RAG 08-04-2021 5:30am

Still hoping for a positive outcome :yesnod:

Mick 08-04-2021 4:57pm

Best of luck you your Dad. :yesnod:

Anjdog2003 08-04-2021 5:34pm

:sadangel:

VITE1 08-04-2021 5:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1901284)
Good lick to him :yesnod:

That will depend on the nurse.

Best wishes for the OPs Dad. :angel:

dwjz06 08-04-2021 6:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1901225)
My dad was diagnosed with Amyloidosis about a week ago and they went for a pre-biopsy consultation today to try to determine which type. The doctor decided the biopsy was not necessary as he is certain it is in my dad's bone marrow. He was referred to a Hematologist that can see him "sooner than later" (doctor's words). I know little about this disease but it is suspected that my dad's mother possibly passed from the same thing. That puts me next in line.

Some mentioned treatments were chemo, and stem cell transplant.

He's certainly had better news. :(

He'll be 82 on August 10th. He's my own personal Superman. :seasix:

I'm hoping and praying for the best outcome.

:sadangel: Prayers for the best outcome Jeff.:cert:

theandies 08-04-2021 6:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1901225)
My dad was diagnosed with Amyloidosis about a week ago and they went for a pre-biopsy consultation today to try to determine which type. The doctor decided the biopsy was not necessary as he is certain it is in my dad's bone marrow. He was referred to a Hematologist that can see him "sooner than later" (doctor's words). I know little about this disease but it is suspected that my dad's mother possibly passed from the same thing. That puts me next in line.

Some mentioned treatments were chemo, and stem cell transplant.

He's certainly had better news. :(

He'll be 82 on August 10th. He's my own personal Superman. :seasix:

I'm hoping and praying for the best outcome.

Dude I feel for you. I lost my superhero a few years ago at 82. I still miss that man today. In this time just be there for him, let him know you love him everyday and look back at all the good times you've enjoyed (and even the bad time as my father always taught me something when times were bad) together.
You both are in my thoughts.

Aerovette 08-04-2021 10:00pm

Flashback: I had a thread where I was saying they wanted to remove the pacemaker and leads from my dad. This newest doctor said that essentially it is doing nothing. My dad is in afib with the pacemaker. It is not doing anything to prevent it. That is why they want to take it out. The leads are allowing leakage and the thought is that they can remove the lead, clip the other valve, and he should be markedly improved. No sense having a pacemaker that is doing NOTHING.

Rodnok1 08-05-2021 7:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1902398)
Flashback: I had a thread where I was saying they wanted to remove the pacemaker and leads from my dad. This newest doctor said that essentially it is doing nothing. My dad is in afib with the pacemaker. It is not doing anything to prevent it. That is why they want to take it out. The leads are allowing leakage and the thought is that they can remove the lead, clip the other valve, and he should be markedly improved. No sense having a pacemaker that is doing NOTHING.

:iagree:

Aerovette 08-06-2021 2:06pm

My dad had a bone marrow biopsy taken today. As was stated by 99 pewtercoupe earlier, it was extremely painful for him. Because of stupid hospital rules, we set up video communication last night so at least I get to virtually visit.

This is rough for both my parents. Your prayers and well wishes are appreciated and needed.

Rodnok1 08-06-2021 2:14pm

Yep they suck unfortunately, all part of figuring put what's wrong and get him better though.

Aerovette 08-06-2021 2:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1902792)
Yep they suck unfortunately, all part of figuring put what's wrong and get him better though.

The doctor said he is pretty sure it is the AL version, which is not good, but if it has been caught early enough, the outcome is better.

Vandelay Industries 08-06-2021 7:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1902790)
My dad had a bone marrow biopsy taken today. As was stated by 99 pewtercoupe earlier, it was extremely painful for him. Because of stupid hospital rules, we set up video communication last night so at least I get to virtually visit.

This is rough for both my parents. Your prayers and well wishes are appreciated and needed.

Consider it done.

dwjz06 08-06-2021 9:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1902790)

🙏🙏🙏hope for the best Jeff:cert:

carlton_fritz 08-07-2021 8:40pm

1 Attachment(s)