The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Manila Filipino (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108132)

thegreenman 04-29-2017 11:34am

Manila Filipino

I am flying to the Philippines from Germany in a few weeks to meet a beautiful Filipino I met online, any red flags I should be looking for?

No, I won't post any pictures.

DAB 04-29-2017 11:40am

paging Dixie....

VatorMan 04-29-2017 11:43am

Just know when you marry a Filipino, you marry the whole family. When you get back to the US, you will have 20-30 of her relatives wanting to come live with you.

Aerovette 04-29-2017 11:47am

Best of luck to you.

If I should ever decide to get married again, I am 99% sure my next wife will NOT be an American woman. Far too much BS goes along with them. I'm not speaking for all, and not for anyone else. It is simply my experience. I don't have any Asian fixation or preference, but I wouldn't mind meeting a nice Asian woman.

Again, good luck to you.

04 commemorative 04-29-2017 11:49am

Good luck

thegreenman 04-29-2017 11:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1556828)
Just know when you marry a Filipino, you marry the whole family. When you get back to the US, you will have 20-30 of her relatives wanting to come live with you.

I am aware of that, thanks, she only has her Mother. She wants kids and at 53 I don't know if I want that, but damn she is really pretty.

I am shocked how aggressive other Filipinos are to meet me at the airport.

I have actually received many hundreds of messages of Filipinos wanting to know me, some are scams and easy to eliminate.

For some reason, many are interested in me due to my shoulder length Blondie hair.

boracayjohnny 04-29-2017 11:57am

If your lady friend continually asks for $$$....you're gonna have a bad time.

If you get down to business and the female has a penis, you're gonna have a bad time.

If you get in the taxi and the driver wants to stop by a friends house, knows a great place for you to stay, or invites you to a nice place to play poker, you're gonna have a bad time.

If you get invited to take a walk at midnight in Tondo, you're gonna have a bad time.

thegreenman 04-29-2017 11:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1556829)
Best of luck to you.

If I should ever decide to get married again, I am 99% sure my next wife will NOT be an American woman. Far too much BS goes along with them. I'm not speaking for all, and not for anyone else. It is simply my experience. I don't have any Asian fixation or preference, but I wouldn't mind meeting a nice Asian woman.

Again, good luck to you.

I was married to a South Korean for 30 years, I am not ruling out an American but I am attracted to Asians. Being in Germany right now, I have quite the selection of Germans, Americans and Eastern Europeans to chose from.

This is a good part of the world to be in for a single white American.

thegreenman 04-29-2017 12:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1556835)
If your lady friend continually asks for $$$....you're gonna have a bad time.

If you get down to business and the female has a penis, you're gonna have a bad time.

If you get in the taxi and the driver wants to stop by a friends house, knows a great place for you to stay, or invites you to a nice place to play poker, you're gonna have a bad time.

If you get invited to take a walk at midnight in Tondo, you're gonna have a bad time.

I was hoping you would chime in. Begging for money is a no brainier, having a penis also a no brainier. Planing on a hotel near the airport to get to know each other. Not a poker player, so should be good there.

thegreenman 04-29-2017 12:18pm

I guess I am surprised how aggressive they are, girls wanting to know when I am arriving so they have a chance to c**t block me at the airport.

I am going to Manila to meet a specific person to see where it goes.

I am taken back to see hundreds with no exaggeration that want to meet me.

I know some are scams and I am looking for signs.

Barn Babe 04-29-2017 12:25pm

Is this for real? How have all of these Filipinos (Filipinas?) heard of you?

Aerovette 04-29-2017 12:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barn Babe (Post 1556844)

I'm guessing once you are active on a "bride" website, they come out of the woodwork.

thegreenman 04-29-2017 12:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barn Babe (Post 1556844)

Yes, for real. I posted on a website for Filipinas dating. I sh*t you not, I am getting tons of messages everyday. First few days it was well over a hundred messages from Filipinas each day. I am not going to lie, I was over whelmed. This is not just Filipinas from the Philippines but from around the world, to include USA.

I am an ugly f**k and wasn't expecting this kind of attention. Many told me it was due to my long blonde hair for some reason which I don't understand.

Aerovette 04-29-2017 12:39pm

Upon further reading. Stay where you are.

thegreenman 04-29-2017 12:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1556845)
I'm guessing once you are active on a "bride" website, they come out of the woodwork.

It is a Filipino dating site, not sure if it qualifies as a bride website, but many have made it known what their goals are without even meeting me.

DAB 04-29-2017 12:44pm

American = rich.

thegreenman 04-29-2017 12:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1556847)
Upon further reading. Stay where you are.

I was about to turn off my profile as I am getting to much interest and I am not going to lie it was creeping me out.

thegreenman 04-29-2017 12:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1556849)
American = rich.

You are right, I am not telling them the toys I have it would give them the wrong idea of me.

Many think all Americans are rich, I have been trying to filter out this.

We live much better than many Filipinos, many I chatted with simply do not want anything to do with a Filipino man.

DAB 04-29-2017 12:55pm

you are their ticket out of there.

seriously, PM Dixie for some inside info. he just went thru this, he's been there several times, and i suspect he has a pretty good grasp on the mindset there (of how women view local vs. american men).

thegreenman 04-29-2017 1:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1556853)
you are their ticket out of there.

seriously, PM Dixie for some inside info. he just went thru this, he's been there several times, and i suspect he has a pretty good grasp on the mindset there (of how women view local vs. american men).

Thanks, I just PM Dixie