The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C6 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Paddle Shifts (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16)

wwomanC6 10-04-2009 12:53pm

Paddle Shifts

Anyone have experience w/ Paddle Shifts?

illmac77 10-04-2009 2:24pm

What kind of experience?

CheySha 10-04-2009 2:26pm

Have you used them yet?

wwomanC6 10-04-2009 2:56pm

Experience using them and No I've yet to use them.

Lowcash 10-05-2009 7:12am

I used the paddle shifter in the Hertz ZHZ rental I had last year. They were nice for long straight aways where you could get the RPMs up, but sort of useless everywhere else since it there were a handful of stop lights and slow moving traffic.

wwomanC6 10-06-2009 4:29am

When the rain lets up I'm gona have to go try them out and play with them.
Becky you up for a cruise? I know you must be going threw withdraws too!

Side note-
Hey did you see some of the Blue Thunder gang are gona do a high sprited cruise. Interested? Oh yea, I forgot your not a lead foot like me!
Ready to unleash the :squirrel run:

thegreenman 10-06-2009 6:15pm

I use my paddles and shift like someone with a manual. In bumper to bumper traffic I leave it in Drive mode, but all other times I am using the paddles.

CheySha 10-06-2009 10:56pm

I had to retire my lead foot after getting tickets once a year for 10 years straight! LoL Probably a slight exaggeration by not by much ... I'm ok with fast driving as long as I know the road and the local patrol :-)

illmac77 10-06-2009 11:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheySha (Post 470)
I had to retire my lead foot after getting tickets once a year for 10 years straight! LoL Probably a slight exaggeration by not by much ... I'm ok with fast driving as long as I know the road and the local patrol :-)

I'll have to post up our spirited cuise when we took a trip to BG, the the cops said about ten locals said we were doing 100+ threw there towns, lucky we got lost on the back roads and were only doing 55 trying to find our way out when the police caught up to us... Ofcourse we were only don't 55 the whole time but vettes look fast just sitting there...

09CTSV 10-07-2009 9:16pm

I use the paddle shift on the Caddy most of the time. It takes a little getting used to. The engine actually rpm matches when downshifting. Pretty cool. If I am in a lot of traffic I usually leave it in Sport mode to enjoy first gear more.
:thumbs-up-emoticon:

Peter Pan 10-16-2009 7:01am

I love the paddles in the 09. I always drive in S mode so if I want to be in a certain gear and hold it I can. I use the paddles quite a bit when I drive in the hill country where there are alot of turns and I am driving hard, keeps the revs up for launches out of turns. When I am not in bumper to bumper traffic I will use the paddles to stay in gears longer to enjoy the power more, yea it uses more gas, but I have much more fun driving.

Icedancer 10-17-2009 7:06am

I have some track experience with C6 Z51s in both paddle-shift automatic,
and C6 Z51 6 spd manual, in alternating track sessions.

The paddle shifters are definately the best of both worlds, but not the master of all.

Keeping both hands on the wheel is a plus.
The 1/3 second delay when paddle-shifting took getting used to for MN6 drivers.

nedih rotaredom 10-22-2009 12:09pm

Even untuned I like them................crisp for OEM and fun as well:)

wwomanC6 11-04-2009 11:41am

The other day put it in sport & used the paddles. Correction Paddle. Only the right paddle moves/shifts. Left one - no movement at all. Suppose to be like that???

wwomanC6 11-05-2009 5:18am

Played w/ left Paddle its stickin. Any tips on how to get it to stop stickin? Thinkin a little WD40.