The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I quit! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120065)

JRD77VET 08-19-2019 7:10pm

First, congrats on the new job. :toast: 51%?, damn, I was happy with 5% out of the blue a couple weeks ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1681248)
They are in such panic mode now. LOL :rofl: Already trying to make a counter offer. My manager did ask me to not burn bridges, so I gave them a courtesy 2 weeks, but they have already taken me off of the project I was assigned to start today..................

If they are offering more now, where was it before? Sorry, too late :seeya:

I do agree with not burning bridges but when I left my last employer, it was more of a courtesy to my fellow (soon to be former) coworkers than the owner.

tjfontaine 08-19-2019 7:16pm

Craig I think I might have mentioned something like this was bound to happen in the Corporate Environment you were in. You know I was a director in a Fortune 50 company and your observation about not being setup to compensate our stars is spot on. I had a few - lost them all - nothing I could do. Almost impossible to move a star up enough bands to make it competitive to what a small agile company could do. Hope the new gig works out. Don't burn yourself out that is what happened to a good friend of mine he retired way earlier than he should have he just gave too much and it finally caught up with him.

SubZero 08-19-2019 7:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1681256)
Never accept the counter. :nono:

If you do, they will immediately begin searching for your replacement, and once they find him they will cut you loose because you are "disloyal."

:yesnod:

I did once and that's exactly what happened :lilred:

Datawiz 08-19-2019 7:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjfontaine (Post 1681283)
Craig I think I might have mentioned something like this was bound to happen in the Corporate Environment you were in. You know I was a director in a Fortune 50 company and your observation about not being setup to compensate our stars is spot on. I had a few - lost them all - nothing I could do. Almost impossible to move a star up enough bands to make it competitive to what a small agile company could do. Hope the new gig works out. Don't burn yourself out that is what happened to a good friend of mine he retired way earlier than he should have he just gave too much and it finally caught up with him.

I'm the effing energizer bunny. You offer me enough money, and appreciate my work ethic, I'll work till the end of the earth. Old company didn't deserve this level of commitment, but new company does. I may be 51, but I still have it in me to work 100 hours a week if I need to. When it means unlimited bank, with an epic base, it's not too difficult to put in the effort.

And yes, you did indicate that this would happen. :yesnod:

VITE1 08-19-2019 8:34pm

Congratulations Craig. The corporate assholes are always abusing the rainmakers while rewarding their suck up cronies.

Datawiz 08-19-2019 8:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1681296)
Congratulations Craig. The corporate assholes are always abusing the rainmakers while rewarding their suck up cronies.

Pretty much. And as others have said...if you are willing to offer it up now, where was it before. :slap: As a rain maker, I should not have to ask for scraps. I doubt they'll ever figure this out.

Aerovette 08-19-2019 9:02pm

Many years ago I gave notice at a job I worked for almost 15 years. I was passed up for a supervisor role twice and the second guy they hired did nothing but stand around holding a coffee cup. the DAY BEFORE my last day, they asked me to go to HR and speak with them. HR asks me what it would take for me to stay. I let my requirements be known and she said, "If I make all of this happen, you are saying you will stay?" I paused and said "No".

The raise they offered was good, the position they offered was great, answering to a different manager was awesome...but they were 2 years too late.

DAB 08-19-2019 11:16pm

Proof that companies don’t care about people. Just about money.

Norm 08-20-2019 8:36am

Good for you, sometimes the grass is greener...........

snide 08-20-2019 8:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1681335)
Good for you, sometimes the grass is greener...........

*cash

Norm 08-20-2019 8:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1681336)
*cash

Yes, my bad, the green cash..........

Thunder22 08-20-2019 8:55am

Maybe they wanted someone a bit more.... oh i don't know what word to use.... humble?

:)

Congrats on the new gig.

DAB 08-20-2019 10:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 1681338)
Maybe they wanted someone a bit more.... oh i don't know what word to use.... cheap?

Congrats on the new gig.

fify

Datawiz 08-20-2019 11:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 1681338)
Maybe they wanted someone a bit more.... oh i don't know what word to use.... humble?

Congrats on the new gig.

Humble and Datawiz don't usually find themselves in the same sentence. :lol:

78SA 08-20-2019 11:14am

Congrats on the move. :cert:

Mike Mercury 08-20-2019 11:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1681344)

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/humble-memes/7riar.jpg

https://pics.me.me/thumb_be-humble-b...f-48928894.png

https://i.imgur.com/xpCxR1h.jpg

GentleBen 08-20-2019 2:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1681344)

Just kidding Craig!

Datawiz 08-20-2019 2:43pm

Old company tried their best, promised a band bump and a promotion, and they were going to attempt to match the new salary, but I declined. :yesnod: Again, it's about a lot more than money.

They have started the off-boarding process.

stingraymyway 08-20-2019 3:09pm

Today's corporations have the attitude that the harder you work for them, the worse they can treat you.
Glad you told them to shove it.

Datawiz 08-20-2019 3:17pm

Hell, I'm still on the books till 8/30, so I get paid for doing nothing. I'm good with that. I was willing to make it official yesterday, but manager instructed me to still give the 2 weeks.