The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Time to boot the troll? Big Ted/BMW Biker/ K1250wtfBBQ (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123098)

Sea Six 07-17-2020 11:00am

Time to boot the troll? Big Ted/BMW Biker/ K1250wtfBBQ

We kept him/her/zir/it/them around for a few days.

Personally I can’t see any redeeming posts from the account.

I say toss the returning troll.

Mike Mercury 07-17-2020 11:01am

Quote:

We kept him/her/zir/it/them around for a few days.
why :confused:

Jeff '79 07-17-2020 11:06am

Kinda harsh.
Why ?

K1250GSA 07-17-2020 11:08am

Care to provide any posts that requires ban?

Jeff '79 07-17-2020 11:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by K1250GSA (Post 1784833)
Care provide any posts that requires ban?

Use complete sentences.
Not doing so may cause a ban. :lol:

DAB 07-17-2020 11:31am

who is in charge of determining if a post contains "redeeming" value?

if they aren't being a jerk, leave them alone. they aren't stalking peeps, they aren't flooding with advertising for essential oil pyramid schemes....move on.

Sea Six 07-17-2020 11:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by K1250GSA (Post 1784833)
Care to provide any posts that requires ban?

Your previous posting history speaks for itself, to directly answer your question. Your crap is so obnoxious it was all boneyarded.

How about you make your case? Why TF should we let you stay here when you’ve just come over here to make yourself an annoying pest?

For starters, you can answer the ubiquitous question of why you keep coming back ad nauseum to a place that keeps permabanning your ass.

:waiting:

Norm 07-17-2020 11:39am

I don't give a shit, just don't take any stock in comments or just skim over it.

Sea Six 07-17-2020 11:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1784846)
who is in charge of determining if a post contains "redeeming" value?

if they aren't being a jerk, leave them alone. they aren't stalking peeps, they aren't flooding with advertising for essential oil pyramid schemes....move on.

OBVIOUSLY your memory of his previous trolling is nonexistent. He was about the biggest fukkin tool that has ever posted in here. About half a dozen times if memory serves.

Aerovette 07-17-2020 11:43am

I vote no ban. When you take the yarn from us cats, we start clawing the furniture.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1b/c6...b4c535dfcd.gif

Jeff '79 07-17-2020 11:45am

Give people enough rope and eventually a mysterious noose will appear.
Let it be.:shots:

The_Dude 07-17-2020 11:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1784853)
I don't give a shit, just don't take any stock in comments or just skim over it.

:withstupid:

DAB 07-17-2020 12:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1784855)
OBVIOUSLY your memory of his previous trolling is nonexistent. He was about the biggest fukkin tool that has ever posted in here. About half a dozen times if memory serves.

Our sometime resident sage, Iron Chef, long ago posted his take on this, and for a long time, it was a sticky, and the summary of what he posted was:

If you don't like a thread or post, don't read it, don't reply to it, and it will duly wither away without any action on your part. the more you feed the mouse, the fatter he gets and the more babies (thread replies) he will have.

:DAB:

Mike Mercury 07-17-2020 12:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1784828)
why :confused:

it's immediate re-bannage if a banned member tries to sneak-in under a different forum acct. I don't understand why he wasn't immediately dealt with?

K1250GSA 07-17-2020 12:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1784850)
Your previous posting history speaks for itself, to directly answer your question. Your crap is so obnoxious it was all boneyarded.

How about you make your case? Why TF should we let you stay here when you’ve just come over here to make yourself an annoying pest?

For starters, you can answer the ubiquitous question of why you keep coming back ad nauseum to a place that keeps permabanning your ass.

:waiting:

Are you also President of your HOA. :sleep:
If others post views you do not agree with, get rid of them.
Worked for Hitler for while.

K1250GSA 07-17-2020 12:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1784867)
Our sometime resident sage, Iron Chef, long ago posted his take on this, and for a long time, it was a sticky, and the summary of what he posted was:

If you don't like a thread or post, don't read it, don't reply to it, and it will duly wither away without any action on your part. the more you feed the mouse, the fatter he gets and the more babies (thread replies) he will have.

:seasix:

DAB 07-17-2020 12:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by K1250GSA (Post 1784874)
:seasix:

i don't know who you are, and it doesn't matter.

there are plenty of threads and posts that i pass right over, and others that i read, think to myself "self, you have nothing to add to this train wreck, just move on, perhaps the internet vultures will consume the vowels first and then the winds of change will blow away what remains", and i click on something else, hoping to find something other than dung.

Steve_R 07-17-2020 1:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1784870)
it's immediate re-bannage if a banned member tries to sneak-in under a different forum acct. I don't understand why he wasn't immediately dealt with?

This. I don't really care how many times he's been banned from here - even if he won't tell us how many after being asked multiple times - but on most forums a permaban means permanent. Sneak back in under a new username and you're banned again. And so on, and so on, and so on.

Anjdog2003 07-17-2020 1:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1784888)
This. I don't really care how many times he's been banned from here - even if he won't tell us how many after being asked multiple times - but on most forums a permaban means permanent. Sneak back in under a new username and you're banned again. And so on, and so on, and so on.

I got a permaban from ot after 16 years. I don't know why it took so long? One place i don't miss at all. Except the CFB threads.

MrPeabody 07-17-2020 1:22pm

How about if we just move all the political bullshit over to Politics & Religion where it belongs and make it easier to not look at it while we can have some decent fun here on OT?