The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Yellowstone..anyone else watching it (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123048)

99 pewtercoupe 07-12-2020 8:03pm

Yellowstone..anyone else watching it

Really good series.

tjfontaine 07-12-2020 8:22pm

I watched a few from S1 seemed like a big old soap opera.

thecornerman 07-12-2020 8:28pm

How do i get season 1

snide 07-12-2020 8:28pm

I try not to watch anything on Paramount. Too many damn commercials.

Rikki Z-06 07-12-2020 8:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1782974)
Really good series.

No, I'm watching Happy Gilmore. Trying to figure out how my previous hockey experience can help me to be an extraordinary golfer. :yesnod:

04 commemorative 07-12-2020 9:36pm

Watching Bosch on Prime,don't seem to have Paramount.

Norm 07-13-2020 6:35am

I thought the biker trash was handled well, especially the end. :seasix:

Mike Mercury 07-13-2020 7:25am

I FF through it for scenes with that babe Kelsey Chow. WOW !

https://millielewiscolumbia.com/wp-c...OW-TUMBLR1.png

A lot of actors look authentic in cowboy hats (John Wayne, Ronald Reagan, Clint Eastwood) but Costner looks out of place wearing one, doesn't look authentic/comfortable. Haven't been able to get into the show because of that.

higgyburners 07-13-2020 12:33pm

Great Series....I agree to many commercials and not enough episodes in a season.

78SA 07-13-2020 8:29pm

Great series. Cole Hauser is the best non main character.

Thunder22 07-13-2020 10:14pm

there are hardly any commercials... hmmmm you can also watch it on delay and FF through commercials.

You can also stream it from the paramount site.

Oddly enough, Kelsey Chow is Chinese... playing a native American.

No problem with Costner in a Cowboy hat, maybe because of Dances with Wolves?

Re: Cole Hauser - he's a primary character.... it looks like Jamie is on the bench this season after his arc was big last season.

Mike Mercury 07-14-2020 7:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 1783407)

No problem with Costner in a Cowboy hat, maybe because of Dances with Wolves?

didnt work there either; except for a few scenes, Costner is not wearing a cowboy hat throughout the movie.

Quote:

Kelsey Chow is Chinese...
from Wikipee
Quote:

Chow was born to a Chinese father, and an American mother

Aerovette 07-15-2020 10:32am

Just started watching it last night. Only two episodes so far. Must suck getting hired for a series and waiting for filming to start etc. and then your character gets killed off in the first show.

Thunder22 07-15-2020 12:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1783453)
didnt work there either; except for a few scenes, Costner is not wearing a cowboy hat throughout the movie.

from Wikipee

i guess you just don't like him lol I have a similar problem with Tom Cruise, I can't see the character he's playing, i see TOm Cruise when he's in a movie.

RE: Chow being born to an American mother, American isn't a race, it's a Nationality, what's the mother's race/heritage? Not that it matters, because here father is Chinese/Asian which as I said, makes her part Chinese :)

Mike Mercury 07-15-2020 2:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 1784006)
I have a similar problem with Tom Cruise

I don't think much of him either.

Will 07-15-2020 6:30pm

I enjoyed season 1. Should I catch up with this show???

I've been binge watching stuff lately. Waiting for Billions to resume. Finished the 3rd season of Twin Peaks, watched "The Boys" on Amazon, and just started "The Mandalorian" on Disney. Wasn't impressed with episode 1, but there's only 8 and they're barely more than 30 minutes so I'll finish it. Thinking about trying the Jack Ryan series next.

We have Youtube TV w/ Showtime, Amazon Prime, Disney+/HULU.

Will 07-15-2020 6:33pm

Does Danny Huston's character stay in the show? He's a phenomenal actor, especially as a bad guy or foil. I was bummed when they cancelled Magic City. The Ben Diamond character was great.

Norm 07-15-2020 7:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 1784128)
Does Danny Huston's character stay in the show? He's a phenomenal actor, especially as a bad guy or foil. I was bummed when they cancelled Magic City. The Ben Diamond character was great.

Danny Huston, ummm, not really.

78SA 07-15-2020 7:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 1784124)

I've been binge watching stuff lately. Waiting for Billions to resume. Finished the 3rd season of Twin Peaks, watched "The Boys" on Amazon, and just started "The Mandalorian" on Disney. Wasn't impressed with episode 1, but there's only 8 and they're barely more than 30 minutes so I'll finish it. Thinking about trying the Jack Ryan series next.

Yes.

Norm 07-15-2020 7:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 1784124)

If you enjoyed season one, I think you will enjoy the rest, it does get better. There is an attempted rape scene with Beth, my gawd, she is good. :seasix: