The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Food (Stamp) fight (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46468)

Superstreet 01-24-2013 7:35am

Food (Stamp) fight

Brawl At Social Services Office Caught On Video | FOX2now.com ? St. Louis News & Weather from KTVI Television FOX2

EAST ST. LOUIS, IL. (KTVI) – An alarming video of a Tuesday afternoon brawl at a food stamp office in East St. Louis had workers and clients concerned for their safety and brought calls for action.
A witness told FOX2 it began as a dispute over a place in line.
In spite of all the flying fists, there have been no arrests.
Workers and clients said that had to change.
State and local authorities didn`t know about the video until Fox 2 News alerted them.
East St. Louis Mayor, Alvin Parks, called for metal detectors at office at 9th and Missouri.
He said in today’s climate of mass shootings, such behavior was unacceptable, especially at a state office serving large numbers of people.
Sources said the fighting started even before the video started rolling at the Illinois Department of Human Services Office.

The video shows at least 4 women involved in the brawl, with fists flying from one side of the lobby to the other.
‘Yeah, I`m shocked man. I`m shocked,’ said past client, Detria Graves, as he watched the video, which had been posted on YouTube.
‘Definitely something needs to be done, it`s ridiculous,’ said DeShanea Stevenson, who`d often been to the office with her 3 year old son. ‘They just do that all the time, at the aid office. That`s what happens. It`s like nobody really cares.’
The police chief said security guards had the situation under control and the scene, about 6 blocks from the police station, was cleared by the time officers arrived. So, there were no arrests.
Office staff and past clients hoped the video would change that.
‘It`s just been cool, everybody standing in line, doing what they do, trying to get their stamps, trying to get, you know, whatever they`re trying to get. It`s never been like this in there,’ Graves said.
‘If I had my son with me, I`d be mad. I`d be very upset. No telling what`s going on. You never know what people have on them. You never know what could happen. Bullets don`t have names on them,’ Stevenson said.
There were no serious injuries reported.
A spokeswoman with the State Department of Human Services in Springfield said the staff was unaware of the video, until FOX2 alerted them.
She said staff would review it and decide how to proceed.
Parks said it could have been worse; one of those involved apparently wanted to use a pair of scissors at the scene as a weapon; security guards prevented that.
He said police would review the video, too, and hopefully track down the people involved.

snide 01-24-2013 8:06am

Animals.

sanchez 01-24-2013 8:20am

The is America now. This trend will only continue as the .gov makes it more difficult to do business here causing fewer jobs to be created and forcing more people away from being self sustaining and on to the government tit. There are generations of people being churned out without the proper life skills to be competitive in today's global business environment and we will be forced to provide for them in perpetuity.

jaxgator 01-24-2013 8:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstreet (Post 867636)
especially at a state office serving large numbers of people

There's your problem right there. Way to many people getting free shit in this country. :mad:

lander 01-24-2013 8:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxgator (Post 867661)
There's your problem right there. Way to many non-workers taking from workers in this country. :mad:

Fixt it for ya. :seasix:

VITE1 01-24-2013 8:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanchez (Post 867655)
The is America now. This trend will only continue as the .gov makes it more difficult to do business here causing fewer jobs to be created and forcing more people away from being self sustaining and on to the government tit. There are generations of people being churned out without the proper life skills to be competitive in today's global business environment and we will be forced to provide for them in perpetuity.

:iagree:

mrvette 01-24-2013 8:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanchez (Post 867655)

I would turn off the spigot SO fast, yeh they may riot, but so what???

let them.......

:issues:

99 pewtercoupe 01-24-2013 8:44am

Saw that vid on the news last night....East St Louis...a total sheithole of place if there ever was one.

Munch 01-24-2013 8:54am

Hang stamps from ceiling, litter office with makeshift weapons, lock doors, rinse and repeat.

378 men & women enter...... 1 man or woman leaves.

Who run welfare town!
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...h/Mad20Max.jpg

Midnight85 01-24-2013 9:06am

Hey! This is what our person in charge wants, (I won't call the sob president) Let him figure it out. Clear the office of all workers & let the stupid asses fight it out. That would be a great way to reduce the number of leeches.

sanchez 01-24-2013 9:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight85 (Post 867693)
Hey! This is what our person in charge wants, (I won't call the sob president) Let him figure it out. Clear the office of all workers & let the stupid asses fight it out. That would be a great way to reduce the number of leeches.

Obama is not the problem.

He's a symptom of a much larger problem. This is the new reality that the majority of Americans have chosen.

Doug28450 01-24-2013 9:38am

Did you get your food stamps?

VITE1 01-24-2013 10:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanchez (Post 867707)
Obama is not the problem.

He's a symptom of a much larger problem. This is the new reality that the majority of Americans have chosen.

:iagree:

We have been moving to a more government dependent society since 1965. Since then neither party has done anything to effectively prevent the growth of the entitlement mindset since both parties relies on the money they have to spend on these programs to insure they keep their constituents happy.

All one has to do is look at the REAL beneficiaries of food stamps. It's not just the lazy dumb ass sitting at home with 7 kids from different fathers. its the Big Agri business that put major lobbying dollars behind supporting the programs.

Superstreet 01-24-2013 10:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug28450 (Post 867712)
Did you get your food stamps?

Applied 2 months ago and still waiting on approval.

dwjz06 01-24-2013 10:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstreet (Post 867751)

Get some extra for me too will ya:D:lol::cert: How are ya sir?:cert:

Doug28450 01-24-2013 10:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstreet (Post 867751)

So, you're not a very good fighter.

dwjz06 01-24-2013 10:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug28450 (Post 867759)

Hey Doug how are you doing?:cert:

Superstreet 01-24-2013 10:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwjz06 (Post 867757)
Get some extra for me too will ya:D:lol::cert: How are ya sir?:cert:

Are you trying to bogart my fundage? :lol: :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug28450 (Post 867759)

We are of the wrong make and model,lol.

dwjz06 01-24-2013 11:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstreet (Post 867765)
Are you trying to bogart my fundage? :lol: :lol:

Who Me? Na just share some man:D:cert:

Bucwheat 01-24-2013 11:22am

This past week I passed by a welfare office going downtown and they had a line out the door wrapped around the building ,dayum near half the people in town waiting on free cheese!:leaving: