The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member/User Comments & Suggestions (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Sub-Forum Moderator ??? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9057)

Will 02-26-2011 11:29am

Sub-Forum Moderator ???
 
I've noticed we have a few sub-forum moderators. Like a C4 moderator for example.

How about a PRC moderator?
That section is unreadable thanks to a couple of individuals who throw metaphorical feces at the PRC walls all day and thank each other for it. Any attempt at serious discussion or factual debate is quickly met with de-rails, mindless gibberish, or inane Glenn-Beck rantings.

I enjoyed the Wisconsin thread in OT and was glad to see it unlocked, it's nice to have some actual discussion of the facts, figures, etc. There were still some bad posts, but that thread is literally light-years better than any in the actual PRC section.

And while I appreciated it, I'm sure some members would rather that sort of content remain in its own sub-forum. Unfortunately that would have simply prevented the thread from developing, because basically no one wants to wade through the current dung-heap, devoid of any intellectual stimuli, that is PRC.

If that sub-forum were actually any good, I could abandon "The other forum" all together.

Honestly all it needs is a dedicated Shepherd's gentle-hand to keep things on-topic in each thread. We're all adults here and we COULD have a great, stimulating, and even heated discussion/debate section. But apparently it's not possible without a referee of some kind. Posting anything thoughtful or factual in there is an exercise in futility. You get no debate, just off-topic retorts in broken English at best.


My .02 :cheers:

Will 02-26-2011 11:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 163959)
Any attempt at serious discussion or factual debate is quickly met with de-rails, mindless gibberish, or inane Glenn-Beck rantings....

....Posting anything thoughtful or factual in there is an exercise in futility. You get no debate, just off-topic retorts in broken English at best.

i.e.

https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/politics-religion-controversy/8856-no-obamacare-god-will-protect-you-2.html

Cybercowboy 02-26-2011 11:55am

Essentially you'd have to ban three or four members from posting there to make it sane. Or am I missing something?

Z06PDQ 02-26-2011 11:57am

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...ative/sour.jpg

Will 02-26-2011 12:00pm

See posts # 4-8:

https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/p...state-gun.html

Will 02-26-2011 12:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 163980)

Thank you forums user "Z06PDQ" for serving as an example in this thread. Now people don't even have to click on PRC to see what the problem is.

Grow Up

Z06PDQ 02-26-2011 12:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 163992)
Thank you forums user "Z06PDQ" for serving as an example in this thread. Now people don't even have to click on PRC to see what the problem is.

Grow Up

sorry you are so spoiled to having grumpy & milhill [& the rest of the meat eaters] to back you up, but you really ought to realize you're not in Kansas anymore. :seeya: there isn't a damn thing wrong with PRC over here. it's just not what you're used to.

Will 02-26-2011 12:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 163977)
Essentially you'd have to ban three or four members from posting there to make it sane. Or am I missing something?

No, no, no.

I'm not calling for a Stalinesque figurehead, Gulags, and shots to the head in dark alleyways. NO bannings. Just a nice, stimulating, debate/discussion forum for all things political (or religious or controversial).

I don't want an echo-chamber. I WANT discussion and debate with people who disagree with me. DISCUSSION and DEBATE being the operative words.

Will 02-26-2011 12:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 164000)
sorry you are so spoiled to having grumpy & milhill [& the rest of the meat eaters] to back you up

Both have banned me multiple times. Try again. And thanks AGAIN for proving my point. Act like an adult.

Quote:

but you really ought to realize you're not in Kansas anymore. :seeya: there isn't a damn thing wrong with PRC over here

Really? Care to comment:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 163988)


Z06PDQ 02-26-2011 12:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 164003)
Both have banned me multiple times. Try again. And thanks AGAIN for proving my point. Act like an adult.




Really? Care to comment:

dude,don't try to tell me which way the wind blows over there. you're talking to Moses about the Flood. I've seen some of your rabid rants disguised as posts. no wonder you were banned. you & Cyber really should take a good look in the mirror. the replies in that thread you mention are child's play compared to some of the barbaric shit at the other place.

Will 02-26-2011 12:12pm

care.

To.

Comment:


Quote:

Originally Posted by will (Post 163988)


Will 02-26-2011 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 164011)
dude,don't try to tell me which way the wind blows over there. you're talking to Moses about the Flood. I've seen some of your rabid rants disguised as posts. no wonder you were banned. you & Cyber really should take a good look in the mirror. the replies in that thread you mention are child's play compared to some of the barbaric shit at the other place.

Yet another example. Please, continue.

Z06PDQ 02-26-2011 12:16pm

when we have to put up a sticky reminding everyone to "cease the death threats" [like you know where] you might have something. until then, just suck it up & do your best at debate. :seeya:

thkauffman 02-26-2011 12:22pm

I would welcome someone who could police the insanity and idiocy. Keeping people on topic would be a nice change. There are a couple who can't play nice. I'd like some debate, like in a few other places, but I don't see that here currently. I rarely go to PR&C here and that's disappointing.

Will 02-26-2011 12:29pm

COMMENT???

Quote:

Originally Posted by will (Post 163988)


?????


You still have not refuted my point. Defend this. You can SAY I'm wrong all you want. Great. Now, SHOW US. Please explain the value of these posts and why I am incorrect in labeling them as I have.

You do not like me. We get it. You're mad about this thread. We get it.

STOP deflecting. STOP referencing other forums. STOP changing the subject. Make a valid counter-argument.

As for "sucking it up" "and doing my best at debate" I am. All I desire is an equal and opposite response. I would LOVE for people to DEBATE me. That would make for quite an enjoyable PRC section. And I am not alone. There are more than a few people saddened by the fact that PRC is such a trash heap. People WANT debate and discussion.

All PRC needs is a dedicated moderator. You act as if I'm calling for your head. I'm not. Trust me. :cheers:

PortDawg 02-26-2011 12:32pm

The Moderators for PR&C are : Sneaks, Culookin, Iron Chef

But we all stop through from time to time to help out.

Will 02-26-2011 12:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PortDawg (Post 164042)
The Moderators for PR&C are : Sneaks, Culookin, Iron Chef

But we all stop through from time to time to help out.

OK. :cheers:

This might explain the problem then.

Culookin - looking at his post history, he hasn't posted once this year, and hasn't posted in PRC since at least 2009 (didn't feel like looking though his whole history)

Sneaks - looked at the first 6 pages of post history. Posts in all sorts of subforums, but none in PRC since at least last October/November, possibly much longer, again I didn't feel like looking though his whole history.

Honestly, I can't say I blame them. :cheers:

If even the Mods stay away it MUST be bad. :rofl:

Chris Fowler 02-26-2011 03:09pm

eh...PR&C here is DU Jr. Not worth the effort.

PR&C at CF was reasonably balanced, but enough nuts on each end made me visit less and less over time.

I like the freedom here without the banning, rejoining battle. I just choose not to participate.

Plenty of the trouble makers at PR&C on CF were returning over and over under different user names. A few of the DU Jr. posters in PR&C here have admitted to doing exactly that over there. Not worth the fight here.

No such thing as "debate" with the DU Jr. folks...

VITE1 02-26-2011 05:40pm

Going into PRC here to try and have a intelligent discussion difficult at best. The NA NA Po Po style of debate is childish and just plain silly.

DAB 02-26-2011 06:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 164345)
Going into PRC here to try and have a intelligent discussion difficult at best. The NA NA Po Po style of debate is childish and just plain silly.

and why i don't wander into there very often.

problem is, those that like to argue such matters are convinced that they are right, and will rarely listen to a counter argument.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn