The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   If you had 120k to buy a car... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119402)

datawiz 05-18-2019 05:44pm

If you had 120k to buy a car...
 
What would you buy and why?

Go :datawiz:

This kind of seguays into the RC-F thread.

Cybercowboy 05-18-2019 05:53pm

I would take $50k and buy a nice car and put the other $70k into my retirement fund.

Nox 05-18-2019 05:53pm

Actually I wouldnít even need close to 120k. Today, I went and test drove a 6 speed manual Fiat Abarth Spider. For pure cost to fun ratio, it would be hard to beat. Not the most practical car I know, but it would be a blast to drive around town. Economical too. I know itís a rebadged Miata, but I really like what Fiat did with the Abarth edition.

Stangkiller 05-18-2019 06:01pm

The zr1ís probably best bang for the buck...although for that kind of cheese I may be more interested in a used R8 or 911, although Iíd probably go test drive a few H1-alphas first.

datawiz 05-18-2019 06:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1670679)
The zr1ís probably best bang for the buck...although for that kind of cheese I may be more interested in a used R8 or 911, although Iíd probably go test drive a hew H1-alphas first.

I've been looking at used R8's. Me winning day 2 outright on the National Tour in Rad's R8 was a highlight of my racing career. I am definitely considering AWD. That manual R8 was EPIC. :yesnod:

DAB 05-18-2019 06:19pm

if i had to buy a car/truck, i'd trade in my current truck for a red one. chevy silverado 2500HD, quad cab, and use the rest to buy a water hauling trailer set up (about $7000), and i'd either keep the rest (depends on the rules) or let it go (if you don't spend it, you don't get to pocket what you saved). if i can get 2, then i'd get a new Subaru Forrester for Mrs. DAB (her's is a 2002). if only one, then a new car for her, and i'll keep my truck.

easy to spend money you don't have. :DAB:

Wathen1955 05-18-2019 06:23pm

I would love to have a 1970 Chevelle SS with the big 454

https://heacockclassic.com/wp-conten...h-Exterior.jpg

Stangkiller 05-18-2019 06:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wathen1955 (Post 1670684)
I would love to have a 1970 Chevelle SS with the big 454

https://heacockclassic.com/wp-conten...h-Exterior.jpg

Ooof along that note I would loooooove a Ď67 convertible Vette Resto mod with a twin turbo LSX block, power steering, and working AC. But I donít think it can reasonably done for $120k.

Stangkiller 05-18-2019 06:42pm

Craig could they make one of these for you? https://www.arielna.com/arielatom-3rs/

datawiz 05-18-2019 06:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1670688)
Craig could they make one of these for you? https://www.arielna.com/arielatom-3rs/

Still would want street practicality. The last Arial at the track leaked oil and was the worst car there. I'm looking for an uber fast saloon with a factory warranty.

datawiz 05-18-2019 06:55pm

To be honest, a fully loaded WRX STI Subaru is on my radar. Chump change for sure. I'd look to boost it with a tuner post haste.

datawiz 05-18-2019 07:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1670678)
Actually I wouldnít even need close to 120k. Today, I went and test drove a 6 speed manual Fiat Abarth Spider. For pure cost to fun ratio, it would be hard to beat. Not the most practical car I know, but it would be a blast to drive around town. Economical too. I know itís a rebadged Miata, but I really like what Fiat did with the Abarth edition.

The Abarth is not a rebaged Miata. The Fiat I24 Spider is a rebadged Miata. Sports car mags like the Miata over the Fiata.

Nox 05-18-2019 07:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1670695)
The Abarth is not a rebaged Miata. The Fiat I24 Spider is a rebadged Miata. Sports car mags like the Miata over the Fiata.

Iím talking about the Fiat 124 Spider Abarth.

chinaski 05-18-2019 08:17pm

62 Fuelie with a 4 speed or a 67 Big Block Coupe, also with a 4 speed.


Honorable Mentions

66/67 SS 396 Chevelle (4 Speed Only)
De Tomaso Pantera

Millenium Vette 05-18-2019 09:23pm

There isn't anything out there that I would buy right now in that price range. I might get a C8 if i really like it but I probably won't.

:cert:

BADRACR1 05-18-2019 09:43pm

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 26430

BADRACR1 05-18-2019 09:58pm

2 Attachment(s)
Second choice
Attachment 26432
Attachment 26433

MrPeabody 05-18-2019 10:32pm

Batmobile #1 sold at Barrett-Jackson in 2013 for 4.6 million.:yesnod:

BADRACR1 05-18-2019 10:40pm

I'm good with a replica.:)

TripleBlack 05-19-2019 12:08am

Probably a Series 1 E-Type. Roadster vs Coupe would be a hard decision.

Not long ago I'd have said a '65 365 HP Corvette coupe or a '67 435hp 427 vert. Think the E-Type may be a better investment.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn