The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Another reason I like living in Florida (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137521)

99 pewtercoupe 04-27-2024 1:23pm

Another reason I like living in Florida

1 Attachment(s)
Florida's flagship university is making it clear that the disruptive anti-Israel protests occurring at colleges across the U.S. will not be tolerated on its campuses.

The University of Florida released a directive Friday spelling out what is and is not acceptable behavior for those who wish to express their right to free speech at the school, along with the consequences for students or employees who cross the line.

The memo obtained by FOX Business clarifies that demonstrators may engage in speech, expressing viewpoints and holding signs in their hands, but lists a litany of prohibited activities including "amplified sound," holding protests inside campus buildings, issuing threats or engaging

The University of Florida also noted explicitly that no tents or sleeping bags are allowed as part of demonstrations on campus, serving as a warning to activists who might want to set up a similar encampment to those that have cropped up at other schools since pro-Palestinian demonstrators set one up at Columbia University more than a week ago.

View PDF
The vast majority of America's top 50 colleges have seen anti-Israel protests crop up over the past week, with some demonstrations leading to the arrest of dozens of participants.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...lty-protesters

DJ_Critterus 04-27-2024 1:25pm

Desantis put the word out that no educational entity recieving fl tax $$$ will allow that bullshit.

GTOguy 04-27-2024 1:28pm

I have considered moving there. My brother lived there for awhile. St. Augustine. I like Sheriff Grady Judd of Polk County, De Santis, and the politics in general. If I lived there it would probably be in the panhandle.

KenHorse 04-27-2024 1:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 2252110)
I have considered moving there. My brother lived there for awhile. St. Augustine. I like Sheriff Grady Judd of Polk County, De Santis, and the politics in general. If I lived there it would probably be in the panhandle.

My brother and family moved to West Palm 6 years ago. He loves it but I could never live there

Too damn flat for my taste

Tikiman 04-27-2024 3:01pm

I saw an interview with some young girl with the requisite hog ring in her nose. The reporter asked her exactly what they were protesting. She didn't know. So, she asked her friend who was with her. Her friend didn't know either. :rofl:

Steve_R 04-27-2024 3:07pm

Florida is a terrible place to live. HORRIBLE. Nobody should move here.

LATB 04-27-2024 4:20pm

Quote:

The FL panhandle would welcome you. :cert:

DDSLT5 04-27-2024 4:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 2252152)
Florida is a terrible place to live. HORRIBLE. Nobody should move here.

Agreed. Once I move in, nobody else should come. :leaving:

KenHorse 04-27-2024 5:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LATB (Post 2252187)
The FL panhandle would welcome you. :cert:

Almost moved to Pensacola or Gulf Breeze in the 90's.

Frankie the Fink 04-27-2024 6:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikiman (Post 2252148)
I saw an interview with some young girl with the requisite hog ring in her nose. The reporter asked her exactly what they were protesting. She didn't know. So, she asked her friend who was with her. Her friend didn't know either. :rofl:

I saw that too - stupid twits have no idea what they're running their mouths about.... Maybe some pictures of what Hamas did to children and whole families last Oct 7th would straighten the little jerk offs out.

LATB 04-27-2024 7:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 2252201)
Almost moved to Pensacola or Gulf Breeze in the 90's.

I have a good friend who lives in Gulf Breeze.

Big bob 04-27-2024 7:44pm

Just like any other place. Has a few good months out of the year. :yesnod:

KenHorse 04-27-2024 7:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LATB (Post 2252260)
I have a good friend who lives in Gulf Breeze.

Good friend of mine is a Blount. I suspect you understand that name

SurfnSun 04-27-2024 7:49pm

Quote:

Panhandle? That’s almost not Florida, more like Southern Bama/Georgia :funny:

Little Red L98. 04-27-2024 8:19pm

You mean there’s more than one? :leaving:

LATB 04-27-2024 8:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurfnSun (Post 2252272)

Florida, the state where you go north to get to the south.

LATB 04-27-2024 8:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 2252271)
Good friend of mine is a Blount. I suspect you understand that name

Yes.
In Pensacola the Blount name is like the Kennedy’s.

Big bob 04-27-2024 8:52pm

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 100867

Frankie the Fink 04-28-2024 6:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurfnSun (Post 2252272)

Live Oak and Jasper area still have some acreage that can be had without killing your finances. However the tide of blue state refugees will eventually roll into there too unfortunately. You have to be real careful around the Suwannee River, some places flood badly at times.

DJ_Critterus 04-28-2024 8:23am

Quote:

if you lived there you could trade stalking yaddy for LATB.

St. Augustine.... it's a dump. You'd hate it. Too close to us in Jacksonville. stick with the panhandle :thumbs: