The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Covid-19 Club [TVB members please check in] (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124109)

Sea Six 11-17-2020 7:59pm

Covid-19 Club [TVB members please check in]

Latest member: Me

Starting the HCQ / Zinc / Antibiotic treatment method tonight. Total cost for the entire course is about $30.

Supposed to check back in with the doctor in two days.

Who else here is a card carrying club member?

Jeff '79 11-17-2020 8:02pm

Get well soon.:cert:

Murray 11-17-2020 8:03pm

Hoping for no complications :cheers:

thecornerman 11-17-2020 8:17pm

I'm on quarantine as of last week Monday
Went in for the test Friday and I am still waiting for the results
I'm guessing that they are pretty busy

DJ_Critterus 11-17-2020 8:26pm

No positive tests here and I don't wear a mask most times. I do know those who wear masks religiously and they all got it.

dwjz06 11-17-2020 8:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1823607)

Starting the HCQ / Zinc / Antibiotic treatment method tonight. Total cost for the entire course is about $30.

good luck with it Clark:cert:

LisaJohn 11-17-2020 10:14pm

Get well soon!

04 commemorative 11-17-2020 11:06pm

:angel:get better soon :syf:

Thunder22 11-17-2020 11:19pm

My cousin and his son got it last week, a buddy had it over the summer, other than that no other positive tests.

Good luck and feel better fast.

MikeB 11-17-2020 11:33pm

Positive back on 10/29, entered the hospital on 10/30,
and got sent home 11/11.
Had Remdezivier(sp) and antibiotics while in the joint,
and sent home on oxygen 24/7.

Today is the first day I can sit down and relax without oxygen running.
Still need it to walk around or exercise in any manner, but it's
an improvement. Hopefully, on the road to recovery soon.
Hit me pretty hard. No underlying complications, other than
11 weeks into quadriceps tendon rupture repair(a 6 month adventure).

OP, hope all goes well for you.

86RAG 11-18-2020 5:57am

Hoping for the best, Clark. And anyone else that gets it, too :cert:

snide 11-18-2020 7:00am

Now's not the time to be a 0.014%er Clark.

:cheers:

Nox 11-18-2020 3:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1823607)

Why would they prescribe antibiotics for the COVID-19 virus?

I’m doubling up on my zinc, vitamin C and vitamin D. Other than that, Tylenol and Theraflu as needed....

Aerovette 11-18-2020 3:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1823630)
No positive tests here and I don't wear a mask most times. I do know those who wear masks religiously and they all got it.

We had NO mask requirements at my office. We had ONE person test positive, returned to work, and then a new hire also tested positive. After the company requested that we wear masks anytime we leave our work station, we had TWELVE people come down with Covid. I don't see that as a coincidence. Masks are bad news for people without symptoms. You can be certain, the more you wear one, the higher the likelihood you will contract Covid. I think the rise in cases supports this. More and more business require them yet we continue to see increases in cases.

When will the science stop ignoring the reality?

Interesting statistic...only 12% of the time, does a person with Covid in the home, infect another person in the home. These are people that LIVE TOGETHER, yet I somehow I am a danger because I passed someone for 5 seconds in the grocery store.

I have gone all the same places and done all the same things for MONTHS and was unaffected. Suddenly I had to wear a mask at work and an entire office gets COVID. Seriously, is there a bigger WTF than that?

Nox 11-18-2020 4:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1823865)
We had NO mask requirements at my office. We had ONE person test positive, returned to work, and then a new hire also tested positive. After the company requested that we wear masks anytime we leave our work station, we had TWELVE people come down with Covid. I don't see that as a coincidence. Masks are bad news for people without symptoms. You can be certain, the more you wear one, the higher the likelihood you will contract Covid. I think the rise in cases supports this. More and more business require them yet we continue to see increases in cases.

When will the science stop ignoring the reality?

Interesting statistic...only 12% of the time, does a person with Covid in the home, infect another person in the home. These are people that LIVE TOGETHER, yet I somehow I am a danger because I passed someone for 5 seconds in the grocery store.

I have gone all the same places and done all the same things for MONTHS and was unaffected. Suddenly I had to wear a mask at work and an entire office gets COVID. Seriously, is there a bigger WTF than that?

This is me speaking from personal experience, and being Covid positive as we speak. Earlier this year when they started telling people to wear masks and that the sky was falling, it really wasn’t.

I work in a high exposure environment and have had daily interactions with Covid positive individuals. Way back in March when the masks mandates first went into affect, everyone was complying at work, but no one was getting ill. Gradually people got tired of it, and compliance with masks fell off. Then as fall rolled around people started getting sick again.. Just this past week, over six of my co-workers, myself included came down with Covid. We hadn’t really been taking our masks seriously, but I have been told, that since we got sent home, mask compliance mandates are back in full affect. My opinion is that your opinion that mask usage causes covid is faulty reasoning. What it really signifies if that Covid this time around really is on the upswing. I think they pulled the trigger too soon earlier this year. At least in my workplace, this is the Covid pandemic that everyone was warning us about.

If I was a doctor or EMS, I would never go near a Covid infected individual without a mask. Saying that wearing one is what causes Covid is just ridiculous.

Sea Six 11-18-2020 5:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1823863)
Why would they prescribe antibiotics for the COVID-19 virus?

I’m doubling up on my zinc, vitamin C and vitamin D. Other than that, Tylenol and Theraflu as needed....

He actually didn't.

I wrote down the name of an antibiotic he had mentioned, during my frantic scribbling while he was video conferencing me.

I actually called the pharmacy because I didn't get the expected antibiotic and they said he never submitted it. I asked his nurse about it first thing this morning and she said she'd have to check with him but she reasoned that since I don't have an upper respiratory infection he may have mentioned it as a possible treatment but didn't actually put it in at this time.

Aerovette 11-18-2020 5:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1823867)
This is me speaking from personal experience, and being Covid positive as we speak. Earlier this year when they started telling people to wear masks and that the sky was falling, it really wasn’t.

I work in a high exposure environment and have had daily interactions with Covid positive individuals. Way back in March when the masks mandates first went into affect, everyone was complying at work, but no one was getting ill. Gradually people got tired of it, and compliance with masks fell off. Then as fall rolled around people started getting sick again.. Just this past week, over six of my co-workers, myself included came down with Covid. We hadn’t really been taking our masks seriously, but I have been told, that since we got sent home, mask compliance mandates are back in full affect. My opinion is that your opinion that mask usage causes covid is faulty reasoning. What it really signifies if that Covid this time around really is on the upswing. I think they pulled the trigger too soon earlier this year. At least in my workplace, this is the Covid pandemic that everyone was warning us about.

If I was a doctor or EMS, I would never go near a Covid infected individual without a mask. Saying that wearing one is what causes Covid is just ridiculous.

I'll offer this. If home air filters work, why do ducts need to be cleaned? While "proper" masks and mask protocols may impact odds of infection, I am CERTAIN, the majority of people put on the same mask time and again, or handle it often. If a mask GENUINELY stops the virus one, or both sides of every mask are collection points for the virus. They are either on the inside from an infected wearer, or the outside from others who are infected. Constant draws of breath THROUGH that collection point is absolutely going to pull in virus. Just as a dirty air filter draws dirt and dust in to the AC system. If you put a new oil filter in your car, will it scrub the engine oil? Nope. Contaminants will get through that filter because of the constant draw through those contaminants.

Nox 11-18-2020 6:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1823875)
I'll offer this. If home air filters work, why do ducts need to be cleaned? While "proper" masks and mask protocols may impact odds of infection, I am CERTAIN, the majority of people put on the same mask time and again, or handle it often. If a mask GENUINELY stops the virus one, or both sides of every mask are collection points for the virus. They are either on the inside from an infected wearer, or the outside from others who are infected. Constant draws of breath THROUGH that collection point is absolutely going to pull in virus. Just as a dirty air filter draws dirt and dust in to the AC system. If you put a new oil filter in your car, will it scrub the engine oil? Nope. Contaminants will get through that filter because of the constant draw through those contaminants.

That’s kind of like never changing the oil in your car. I’d still recommend you put oil in your car, regardless. You just spelled out the need for proper mask education. Here at work we have the same kind of masks nurses and doctors wear in the hospital. We wear them once then toss them. People need to educate themselves and then protect themselves better. I wasn’t wearing a mask when I got COVID. I will when I get back. Is it because I’m worried of getting sick again? Nope. It’s because it would be hypocritical for me to make my subordinates wear one if I didn’t.

Nox 11-18-2020 6:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1823874)
He actually didn't.

I wrote down the name of an antibiotic he had mentioned, during my frantic scribbling while he was video conferencing me.

I actually called the pharmacy because I didn't get the expected antibiotic and they said he never submitted it. I asked his nurse about it first thing this morning and she said she'd have to check with him but she reasoned that since I don't have an upper respiratory infection he may have mentioned it as a possible treatment but didn't actually put it in at this time.

Antibiotics don’t work on viruses. COVID is a virus. Antibiotics are for bacterial infections. Your doctor should know this.

Jeff '79 11-18-2020 6:26pm

So how are you guys feeling?
Sea? Nox?