The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What’s your story. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118942)

C3C7NIC 03-20-2019 1:58pm

What’s your story.

The story behind the story. What brought you to the barn?

04 commemorative 03-20-2019 2:01pm

Someone from here told me that is was a nicer place than over there......(Spence):leaving: plus owning my Vette :seasix:

Strats-N-Vettes 03-20-2019 2:18pm

Skanky Psychologist invited me and said it was a great place with nice people.

Black94lt1 03-20-2019 2:19pm

Honestly found it from the NCM events page when they posted BRII, joined up and went to BR, have had a great time ever since!

6spdC6 03-20-2019 2:26pm

Beadist, (you long timers remember her?) invited me to join way back when. I knew her from another forum and as she came from not too far from where I now live took her out for a couple rides and to a couple local restaurants. She used to come up her to visit family and we would get together for a few hours.

All on the up and up she met my wife a couple times and as my wife has gone to Carlisle and other Vette shows she knows there are many woman Vetters.

Norm 03-20-2019 2:28pm

Just browsing around one day, some posts caught my eye. I read a lot of back and forth infighting and name calling between well.....you know who, and you know the other guy, and then there was the other guy.........had to laugh. Never saw so many keyboard commando's of meaningless drivel in one place, thought I'd hang around.

It was nevertheless entertaining back then, kind of low key now. :D

DAB 03-20-2019 2:43pm

i was a bad boy over there. i posted the following in white font:

thevettebarn.com

gone.

Barn Babe 03-20-2019 2:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1662416)

thevettebarn.com

gone.

:rofl:

I kept expecting to get the ban hammer over there because my avatar is a picture of me sucking on IC's ear. :rofl: I guess they never caught on that it was him. Just the mere mention of him was enough to get tossed.

C5SilverBullet 03-20-2019 2:46pm

I don't remember, but I got here early.

Mike Mercury 03-20-2019 2:57pm

I was one of the original group; I signed up and never visited.

Then one day - Snidefizz...

Will 03-20-2019 3:00pm

Charity.

Bringing a little bit of light into the life of the miserable masses that huddle here with my high quality posting. I'm not banned at the other place, I just choose to think of those less fortunate than me.

If you think about it, I'm basically the Mother Teresa of The Vette Barn.

Strats-N-Vettes 03-20-2019 3:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 1662423)
Charity.

Bringing a little bit of light into the life of the miserable masses that huddle here with my high quality posting. I'm not banned at the other place, I just choose to think of those less fortunate than me.

Oh; you're definitely the "Mother" something of the VB....I just don't think "Theresa": is it....:island14:

Hardluck 03-20-2019 3:05pm

Other place to subjective and you're a bad influence on me!:hurray:

C3C7NIC 03-20-2019 3:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1662416)

thevettebarn.com

gone.

I’ll add that to the list of words that “cannot be spoken”.

😂

C3C7NIC 03-20-2019 3:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1662415)
Just browsing around one day, some posts caught my eye. I read a lot of back and forth infighting and name calling between well.....you know who, and you know the other guy, and then there was the other guy.........had to laugh. Never saw so many keyboard commando's of meaningless drivel in one place, thought I'd hang around.

It was nevertheless entertaining back then, kind of low key now. :D

Perhaps we could work in the low key? That’s boring. :dance:

Rob 03-20-2019 3:16pm

I heard there would be less math

DAB 03-20-2019 3:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 1662423)
Charity.

:rolleyes:

in every group, there is that one guy (it's normally a guy) that needs just a little extra time to complete a simple task, who needs things explained just a bit slower, and sometimes twice before he gets it.

he's not an idiot, but his brain works at 50Hz, while the rest of the world is buzzing along at 60 Hz. his gears aren't quite lubricated fully, they have a little grit in them that is just too hard to remove.

but his friends really like him for who he is. he's nice, he's kind, he's generous. he only says nice things, and often 'mature' jokes go over his head, but he laughs along anyway, so he fits into the gang.

i'm glad you are here.

DAB 03-20-2019 3:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1662429)
I heard there would be less math

:iagree::iagree:

i was promised NO MATH!

they lied.

C3C7NIC 03-20-2019 3:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1662431)
:iagree::iagree:

i was promised NO MATH!

they lied.

Oh no!
I’m really bad at math.
:leaving:

But I’m good at science. Is that good for anything here?

snide 03-20-2019 3:31pm

My story? I was born a poor black child.

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/73/51/41/.../5/920x920.jpg