The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   He went all "medieval" on the intruder (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120616)

JRD77VET 11-09-2019 7:40pm

He went all "medieval" on the intruder

Michigan man fends off intruder with replica battle ax: 'There was a bloody mess everywhere'

A Michigan man wielded an ax he calls 'his baby' to fend off a convicted criminal who tried to break into his apartment on Wednesday night.

Ben Ball, 36, used a replica battle-ax to chop through the intruder, 33-year-old Alex Lavell Rawls, who is facing a charge of first-degree home invasion.

Ball says the suspect dated his former roommate, but she moved away to distance herself from the convicted felon. Rawls showed up at the apartment at 11:30 p.m. thinking she was still there, according to Wood TV.

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxne....jpg?ve=1&tl=1
Alex Rawls was arrested after breaking into the apartment of Ben Ball who struck him with a replica battle-ax (Alex Rawls Michigan Dept of Corrections)

He repeatedly knocked on the door before kicking it in while Ball was sitting at home playing video games and watching the TV show, Rick and Morty. Ball says he believed Rawls was carrying a firearm, the outlet reported.

When the door opened, he decided to go medieval.

“[The] door opened, [I] grabbed the ax, [then] step, step, hit," he told Wood TV.

He struck Rawls at least once in the torso with the sharp blade before the two continued to fight in the apartment.

“There was a bloody mess everywhere,” Ball said.

The suspect fled after the violent affair - leaving a trail of blood which K-9 officers used to catch the suspect, the outlet reported.

Rawls spent the night in the hospital recovering from his wounds before he was transferred to the local jail, according to Kalamazoo County officials.

Ball says he sometimes participates in events - when he's not working at Applebees - where people use those types of weapons in real combat. He told the outlet he's glad to spend so much time practicing with the ax.

“I’ve got a double-headed carbon steel battle ax that was homemade by a gentleman who has since passed. That’s what I call my baby,” Ball said.

Rawls was being held in the Kalamazoo County Jail.

The home invasion charge could put him in prison for a maximum of 20 years. His criminal record includes assaulting and disarming a police officer as well as fleeing and eluding police, according to the Michigan Department of Corrections.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-...ess-everywhere

DAB 11-09-2019 7:58pm

well, gun control won't touch that weapon. :eek:

paging Steve...

78SA 11-09-2019 8:27pm

:hurray::seasix:

JRD77VET 11-09-2019 8:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1687131)
well, gun control won't touch that weapon. :eek:

paging Steve...

@Blademaker

boracayjohnny 11-10-2019 12:28am

Poor decision to invade homeboy that has an axe. Mofo sliced and diced with a double blade.

Bill 11-10-2019 7:51am

How do you bury an ax in someone's torso and they live? Seems like the person axed would bleed out in short order.

69camfrk 11-10-2019 9:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1687140)
How do you bury an ax in someone's torso and they live? Seems like the person axed would bleed out in short order.

Kind of what I was thinking.:yesnod:

snide 11-10-2019 9:20am

Quote:

Meh, just a flesh wound... :leaving:

6spdC6 11-10-2019 9:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1687129)
Michigan man fends off intruder with replica battle ax: 'There was a bloody mess everywhere'

A Michigan man wielded an ax he calls 'his baby' to fend off a convicted criminal who tried to break into his apartment on Wednesday night.

Ben Ball, 36, used a replica battle-ax to chop through the intruder, 33-year-old Alex Lavell Rawls, who is facing a charge of first-degree home invasion.

Ball says the suspect dated his former roommate, but she moved away to distance herself from the convicted felon. Rawls showed up at the apartment at 11:30 p.m. thinking she was still there, according to Wood TV.

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxne....jpg?ve=1&tl=1
Alex Rawls was arrested after breaking into the apartment of Ben Ball who struck him with a replica battle-ax (Alex Rawls Michigan Dept of Corrections)

He repeatedly knocked on the door before kicking it in while Ball was sitting at home playing video games and watching the TV show, Rick and Morty. Ball says he believed Rawls was carrying a firearm, the outlet reported.

When the door opened, he decided to go medieval.

“[The] door opened, [I] grabbed the ax, [then] step, step, hit," he told Wood TV.

He struck Rawls at least once in the torso with the sharp blade before the two continued to fight in the apartment.

“There was a bloody mess everywhere,” Ball said.

The suspect fled after the violent affair - leaving a trail of blood which K-9 officers used to catch the suspect, the outlet reported.

Rawls spent the night in the hospital recovering from his wounds before he was transferred to the local jail, according to Kalamazoo County officials.

Ball says he sometimes participates in events - when he's not working at Applebees - where people use those types of weapons in real combat. He told the outlet he's glad to spend so much time practicing with the ax.

“I’ve got a double-headed carbon steel battle ax that was homemade by a gentleman who has since passed. That’s what I call my baby,” Ball said.

Rawls was being held in the Kalamazoo County Jail.
]

I guarantee you I hit someone in the guts with a ax, dull or sharp their life expectancy would only be a couple seconds. Also a very good chance I would have struck more than one hit. (call it a double tap:D)

69camfrk 11-10-2019 10:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1687142)
Meh, just a flesh wound... :leaving:

Millenium Vette 11-10-2019 12:17pm

Dan Dlabay 11-10-2019 4:30pm

Guess the intruder didn't have a gun.:cert:

stingraymyway 11-10-2019 4:33pm

"Liberal media"....and what type of AR15 did you use to assault the home invader, we'll now call the victim? "liberal media"

JRD77VET 11-10-2019 8:40pm

Quote:

He obviously didn't have it sharpened correctly. That battle axe should have been sunk to the handle or lopped something off.