The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Saw a fight in a jazz club last night (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67903)

Joecooool 06-21-2014 9:50am

Saw a fight in a jazz club last night

Didn't expect to see that. The band was playing and these two girls in their late thirties were talking so loud no one could hear the band. A guy went over and asked nicely to keep it down and the trailer park came out of one of the girls. She said "sit your seventy year old ass down and shut up old man".

Another guy immediately stood up and told her not to talk to like that to someone. She went right for the n word and told him to F off. Then her man made the mistake of pushing the guy and was promptly decked in the face. He was knocked out on the floor and the trailer queen went apeshit.

The guy cocked back and was about to lay the chick out and she's screaming about not hitting a lady and he said "you are no lady". She must have shit her pants, she ran out of the bar leaving her guy on the floor.

Then the guy that punched the laid out guy casually walked up to the bar and said "guess I should cash out and leave". Bartender said "you're good" and the guy left.

Key West at night is always entertaining.

VatorMan 06-21-2014 9:56am

Sounds like a good night. :lol:

Jeff '79 06-21-2014 9:58am

Nice! :Jeff '79:

Cybercowboy 06-21-2014 10:01am

Entertaining to say the least. The best bars tend to be not on Duval street though.

One night my wife and I were staying on Sunset Key (a small island about 1/4 mile off Key West proper) and around midnight had just gone to sleep when another couple knock on our door and convince us to go to Duval street with them. Oh, twist my arm.

Take the boat over there and go to some crowded bar. While we're there I strike up a conversation with some guy, and ask what he does. Says he's with the DEA and works with the Coast Guard on drug traffic interdiction, and specifically he's a profiler. That is, he's good at picking out certain behaviors, looks, etc and tying them to the drug underworld.

I say "OK, so profile me."

Oh, it was uncanny. He got my home placed within about 40 miles, my exact profession, a really accurate estimate of how much money I made, on and on. It actually creeped me out a bit. Then he invited my wife and I to come aboard the large vessel he was stationed on the next day for the Super Bowl party they were having. Told him we were having one of our own at Sunset Key, and kinda regret not going now.

About 4 AM, when we were finally getting ready to leave (we had to bribe the boat driver to be available to pick us up at 4:30 AM) we see a commotion outside the bar, across the street. Apparently that was the police station. They are hauling a rather belligerent dude in, he's yelling and struggling, about six cops are there with him.

Later that week we see in the newspaper a little story about that guy. Seems that he was very drunk and had a little whoopsy inside the elevator at the police station. Seems he fell really hard and split his head open. Probably repeatedly. Yah.

OddBall 06-21-2014 10:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joecooool (Post 1196673)
Didn't expect to see that. The band was playing and these two girls in their late thirties were talking so loud no one could hear the band. A guy went over and asked nicely to keep it down and the trailer park came out of one of the girls. She said "sit your seventy year old ass down and shut up old man".

Another guy immediately stood up and told her not to talk to like that to someone. She went right for the n word and told him to F off. Then her man made the mistake of pushing the guy and was promptly decked in the face. He was knocked out on the floor and the trailer queen went apeshit.

The guy cocked back and was about to lay the chick out and she's screaming about not hitting a lady and he said "you are no lady". She must have shit her pants, she ran out of the bar leaving her guy on the floor.

Then the guy that punched the laid out guy casually walked up to the bar and said "guess I should cash out and leave". Bartender said "you're good" and the guy left.

Key West at night is always entertaining.

And you didn't take pics? :toetap: You should be ashamed.

GRN ENVY 06-21-2014 10:05am

Must have been something in the air, I was at dinner at Fridays last night, and this old bitch let loose on this gay couple having dinner, she started commenting and complaining that they were a gay couple, the couple promptly called her a c**t and she lost it. I feel bad for the couple those two guys didn't deserve to be hated against

Jeff '79 06-21-2014 10:38am

Mr. Cool.
Not to hijack your thread, but how is Big Pine Key?
My cousin rented a house there for 2 weeks over Christmas and I'm just wondering if you know anything about it...

Cybercowboy 06-21-2014 10:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1196711)
Mr. Cool.
My cousin rented a house there for 2 weeks over Christmas and I'm just wondering if you know anything about it...

Other than Key Largo, most of the keys are tiny. Big Pine Key is actually fairly large, about 10 sq. miles.

Jeff '79 06-21-2014 10:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1196720)
Other than Key Largo, most of the keys are tiny. Big Pine Key is actually fairly large, about 10 sq. miles.

I drove over them two years ago but I didn't stop there and don't really remember them by name. I've stayed in Key West three times and barely remember that...:D

Cybercowboy 06-21-2014 11:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1196721)
I drove over them two years ago but I didn't stop there and don't really remember them by name. I've stayed in Key West three times and barely remember that...:D

Common occurrence. Once I spent 11 days in Key West. It was kinda a shock coming back home. I was so laid back, everybody here seemed really weird for a few days.

CertInsaneC5 06-21-2014 11:15am

Our annual festival starts here next weekend. Beer tents, food vendors, concerts, rib fest, microbrew fest. All right downtown near all the bad areas. There will be fights, muggings, purse snatching and all the general "here hold my beer" stuff.

I learned long ago to avoid this like the plague. I will be camping, fishing and canoeing up north. :dance:

mrvette 06-21-2014 11:45am

Wife/I avoided all that BS, left Homestead at like 730am, drove straight through to KW, saw all the places of interest, forgot to take a pix of Mile marker 0 and watched the sunset over Cuba, had beer at Hemingway's OEM bar, not the new one.....saw all the bras and bux on the ceiling, after sunset, we drove back to Homestead....

We debated returning to see other of the keys, but came to the conclusion that one white sandy beach is much the same as others....and other than the old RR bridge, not much of interest to be seen that we could tell....

:seasix::lol::cert:

Cybercowboy 06-21-2014 12:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilligan (Post 1196760)
Wife/I avoided all that BS, left Homestead at like 730am, drove straight through to KW, saw all the places of interest, forgot to take a pix of Mile marker 0 and watched the sunset over Cuba, had beer at Hemingway's OEM bar, not the new one.....saw all the bras and bux on the ceiling, after sunset, we drove back to Homestead....

We debated returning to see other of the keys, but came to the conclusion that one white sandy beach is much the same as others....and other than the old RR bridge, not much of interest to be seen that we could tell....

:seasix::lol::cert:

Hope you at least had some conch fritters. I've seen lots of, um, very interesting stuff in Key West.

island14 06-21-2014 1:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1196679)
Sounds like a good night. :lol:

Wouldnt nuttin on TV.... so we may as well watch this :lol:

Entertaining to say the least.. sometimes life just has a way of showing you the best front row seats..

:cert:

LATB 06-21-2014 1:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1196711)
Mr. Cool.

Big pine is nice. If I ever was to live down there it would be in the lower keys. Big pine included. We've been several times. Last 2 trips we rented a home on Cudjoe Key. I wanted to never leave. Cudjoe Bay is my kinda place.

mrvette 06-21-2014 1:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1196784)
Hope you at least had some conch fritters. I've seen lots of, um, very interesting stuff in Key West.

We sat there at the hotel deck watching the boats sail by, the cruise ship leave, and so ate and snacked the evening away....food was good, but to recall everything we ate....yeh, right, NO chance......:shots::leaving:

69camfrk 06-21-2014 2:57pm

Right on!:seasix:

StaticCling 06-21-2014 3:17pm

:slap:

Joecooool 06-21-2014 3:48pm

There is nothing on Big Pine except for the No Name Pub. It's also where people grow pot. People that live there are called "piners" and it's not complementary.

Oh and look at this new candy store that opened on Duval St. Notice anything unusual?

http://i.imgur.com/RSgR9uJ.jpg

Jeff '79 06-21-2014 3:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joecooool (Post 1196894)
There is nothing on Big Pine except for the No Name Pub. It's also where people grow pot. People that live there are called "piners" and it's not complementary.

Oh and look at this new candy store that opened on Duval St. Notice anything unusual?

http://i.imgur.com/RSgR9uJ.jpg

Great, my cousin will be thrilled... Not really.
That store has sessual aids!